Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2018, 06:46 PM   #1

Question about the Anchors Down meet...

One of the things Aaron told me about was a "tour" of RV's? I assumed that those that want to participate will basically allow their RV's to be open to the rest of the members so they can view the insides and any modifications??

I like the idea because I'm always willing to share my mods and learn about more. After losing my awning this weekend, I'm not sure we're going to attend. My trailer was suppose to get wrapped and after 3 weeks at their shop, they couldn't produce the wrap in the colors I wanted to match my DX3. Between that and the arms ziptied up from the awning, I may pass next month. I suspect I'll have a fight on my hands about the awning with Dynamax. I hope not, this is the second time we've had issues with it and the dealer "did an adjustment" the first time but this time, it's destroyed.

We'll see...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1725.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	172653   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1726.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	172654   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1727.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	172655  
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:56 PM   #2

While it might not be pretty it would be nice if you could attend. Can you just strap it together temporarily?
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskeans View Post
While it might not be pretty it would be nice if you could attend. Can you just strap it together temporarily?
I could... I just hate driving my stuff when it's clearly &#$($&^'d up. Here's a pic of it now. I guess once I have the dealer remove the arms, it won't look so trashy with white zip ties all over the place...lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1734.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	172658   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1735.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	172659  
Old 05-20-2018, 07:21 PM   #4

Sorry about your Awning. How bad were the winds? Ours has retracted a few times automatically in the wind. I always have it set to very sensitive. It would be a shame if you missed the Rally. The Orange Crush would still look good.
CSWVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:29 PM   #5

How about a couple ratchet straps?
Old 05-20-2018, 07:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSWVK View Post
Sorry about your Awning. How bad were the winds? Ours has retracted a few times automatically in the wind. I always have it set to very sensitive. It would be a shame if you missed the Rally. The Orange Crush would still look good.

Like last time, it wasn't winds. We rolled it out and it got stuck. After a few attempts it went out but when we tried to close it, it closed about 3/4 of the way and turned into a clusterfudge.

When we first bought it, we had the same problem. It jammed going back in but we ziptied it up and took it to the dealer. They made an adjustment and all was good. That was until this weekend. It did the same thing except it folded the hell up.

Mark
Old 05-20-2018, 07:41 PM   #7

Sounds like Dynamax would take care of this.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:43 PM   #8

Ours was jerky & very noisy at first. I had to use spray silicon on all the nylon bushings. this resolved our issues. Good luck with the new one.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskeans View Post
Sounds like Dynamax would take care of this.
We'll see... I was warned that I should expect a fight. I hope not, this is the second time we've had problems rolling it up.

Mark
Old 05-20-2018, 07:54 PM   #10

Dealer will probably go directly to carefree for warranty.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSWVK View Post
Dealer will probably go directly to carefree for warranty.
What's "carefree"?
Old 05-20-2018, 09:01 PM   #12

Carefree of colorado, the awning manufacture .
Old 05-21-2018, 07:51 AM   #13
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
We'll see... I was warned that I should expect a fight. I hope not, this is the second time we've had problems rolling it up.

Mark
Shoot me your VIN. I'll send it to my guys. What concnerns me, is I have seen this before. An adjustment is made and then not tightened back up and the arms end up popping out of the track and dropped....or the knuckle just falls away as it comes unscrewed.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:06 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Shoot me your VIN. I'll send it to my guys. What concnerns me, is I have seen this before. An adjustment is made and then not tightened back up and the arms end up popping out of the track and dropped....or the knuckle just falls away as it comes unscrewed.

PM sent. I'm not sure what the issue is/was but the knuckle broke on one side and the arm broke in middle of the arm itself on the other side.

I'm taking it to the dealer to at least remove the hanging parts so no other damage is done. I was hoping to remove the awning and save the material but one arm was already sticking through it so at that point, I just cut it off.

Thanks!

Mark
Old 05-21-2018, 08:31 AM   #15

Just curious... who’d the warning come from?

Sucks to see these issues. Hope you’re still able to make the ralley. Don’t worry I’m already resolved that we’re going to be the black sheep dynamax not having the the time to meticulously detail and maintain ours. It’ll be a miracle if we can get the dog hair all cleaned out before the open house lol
Old 05-21-2018, 08:48 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
Just curious... who’d the warning come from?

Sucks to see these issues. Hope you’re still able to make the ralley. Don’t worry I’m already resolved that we’re going to be the black sheep dynamax not having the the time to meticulously detail and maintain ours. It’ll be a miracle if we can get the dog hair all cleaned out before the open house lol

The dealership. I was told that awnings are one of those items that are always questioned and they never just "take care of it". I guess a lot of people leave the awnings out and the wind catches them and even though they come with automatic retract, it's not covered.

In this case, it just wouldn't go back in... On the bright side, it happened before and they have documentation so I'm hoping this isn't an issue.

I know the dealer said to expect a fight but honestly, any issues I've had with Dynamax have all been resolved. They've been pretty upstanding and seem genuinely concerned about getting my RV fixed.

I traded in my 2 year old Newmar and was afraid that I was going to have the same issues. Honestly, every issue (minus the awning) has been PDI problems.. fit and finish.

No complaints with the RV, I absolutely love it!

Mark
Old 05-21-2018, 09:00 AM   #17

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Ours was hanging up again last trip, will have to lubricate some more. Hope you can still make it to rally. Orange Crush is still gorgeous!
Old 05-21-2018, 11:16 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgorving View Post
Ours was hanging up again last trip, will have to lubricate some more. Hope you can still make it to rally. Orange Crush is still gorgeous!
Thanks, I'm sure we'll still come. I have a few more issues that need to be addressed. They replaced the keypad for instance and it quit working. Nothing major but my RV has been to the dealership at least 6 times and still has stuff not taken care of. I wish I could get everything taken care of but it seems every time I take my RV in to the dealership, they create more damage than they fix.

Last time they scratched the crap out of the microwave, then they replaced an interior trim piece and screwed up the seatbelt, I had to take it apart at the campsite to fix it... then the door handle wouldn't open because they didn't install the trim panel in correctly and the last thing was to rip the hook off the wall to hold the catch for the sliding door.

OMG... the list of stuff they've damaged is longer than the original fix me list.

Mark
Old 05-21-2018, 01:11 PM   #19

Heh that feeling transcends the RV world. There’s a reason I’m so neurotic about letting other people work on my stuff.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:14 PM   #20

I keep telling my wife... if I want it done, I need to just do it myself. It seems every time I rely on someone else to do a job, I’m disappointed.