Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2018, 02:45 PM   #81
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigus2012 View Post
Thank you ... we have decided on the Rear Bath floor plan in the DX3 or perhaps the Dynaquest XL .... (really concerned about power) From you comments would it be fair to ask if a utility bay dedicated heat exchanger is in the plans for the next model year - either standard or as an option?

As well - we have dogs, big, big dogs. When the slides are in on the 37RB - what is the width of the hallway from the drivers area to the back of the coach .. we need room for dogs to walk and lie down as we travel I would really appreciate a photo.
Yes. I am not sure of the exact time frame...but if you plan to order, just note that to be sure. A couple of floor plans have a dedicated exchanger. Only one doesn't I think. Even the one that doesn't, you could wire it to its own zone as it is the bathroom exchanger.

As for space, the original RB was tight, but we modified the floor plan back a bit to allow more room. I can comfortably get to the back now...big dogs, I guess it would depend on how big and how motivated.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 03:19 PM   #82

Yes - I understand the engine can be upgraded - but that M2 frame (106?) is only rated to 350/1000 - so don't know what Freightliner would say about that if I had driveline / alignment issues /
brigus2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:32 AM   #83

Trim Quality

Like a lot of us I am comparing the Verona LE to the DX3. I think the floor plans on the DX3 to be superior to the Verona. How does the cabinetry compare between the 2 brands? Does the DX3 have all hardwood cabinetry or is there some plywood/particle board covered in veneers? I am very impressed with the solidness and craftsmanship of the Renegade cabinets. Thanks for the help.
mr_reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:52 AM   #84
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_reality View Post
Like a lot of us I am comparing the Verona LE to the DX3. I think the floor plans on the DX3 to be superior to the Verona. How does the cabinetry compare between the 2 brands? Does the DX3 have all hardwood cabinetry or is there some plywood/particle board covered in veneers? I am very impressed with the solidness and craftsmanship of the Renegade cabinets. Thanks for the help.
We use all hard wood cabinetry including stiles and cabinetry. We also offer the Aqua-Hot, which I don't think they do and the Sani-Con turbo.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:06 PM   #85

I looked at the Renegade as well but could not get past the TV over the entry door. Might be a great place for it but just seemed odd to me.
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 01:26 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigus2012 View Post
Thank you ... we have decided on the Rear Bath floor plan in the DX3 or perhaps the Dynaquest XL .... (really concerned about power) From you comments would it be fair to ask if a utility bay dedicated heat exchanger is in the plans for the next model year - either standard or as an option?

As well - we have dogs, big, big dogs. When the slides are in on the 37RB - what is the width of the hallway from the drivers area to the back of the coach .. we need room for dogs to walk and lie down as we travel I would really appreciate a photo.
Depends on what you call a big big dog. We have 2 Great Pyranees/Shephard male and female. 100+ and 60+ respective.
They travel quite comfortably in the 37TS.

Old 02-18-2018, 10:42 AM   #87

I’ve been looking for an RV for the past year. I keep coming back to the super C’s—DX3. I plan on pulling a trailer for my toys and doing a lot of boondocking. Trying to keep the RV as short as possible but I still want a nice interior. My biggest concerns are ground clearance and getting in and out of Forest Service campgrounds. How many people bolt wheels to the back of the frame? I saw one post suggesting taller tires. Is there room for taller tires? I did a quick search but could find a source for them.
OverTheHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:13 AM   #88

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
After having our DX3 for about 6months went to the RV show in hershey (cause I love going to those). Took another detailed look at the Renegade Verona. They have nothing over our DX3. Same fit and finish, in fact some of the fixtures etc the same. And as I remembered, they can't beat DX3 floorplan, didn't have the aqua-hot when we purchased and I couldn't get over the TV above the door either. And no way do they compare to the gorgeous paint jobs on the Dynamax's. The only thing I liked better on the renegade was the longer wheelbase. Just my opinion.....
Old 02-18-2018, 12:09 PM   #89

Question between Dynamax & Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheHill View Post
I’ve been looking for an RV for the past year. I keep coming back to the super C’s—DX3. I plan on pulling a trailer for my toys and doing a lot of boondocking. Trying to keep the RV as short as possible but I still want a nice interior. My biggest concerns are ground clearance and getting in and out of Forest Service campgrounds. How many people bolt wheels to the back of the frame? I saw one post suggesting taller tires. Is there room for taller tires? I did a quick search but could find a source for them.

I put steel rollers on the back of my DX3 and that seems to have solved my rear end dragging problem, still drags but doesn’t hurt anything or get hung up. They are welded on.
dlfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 01:02 PM   #90

I don't have a side in the DX3 versus Renegade debate, but I do read every manual cover to cover and discovered 2 interesting facts (taken direct from the Freightliner M2 manual and Cummins manual).

First, read the warranty details. For a 6.7 in an RV chassis you get 2 years and 75,000 miles coverage on the engine. For an 8.9 in an RV chassis you get 3 years 100,000 miles. I'm not sure of the significance of that but there must be a reason they give you less warranty coverage. I don't know this to be a fact, but I have heard the ISB motor is a throw away (i.e. not re-buildable).

Second, somewhere up this chain it was mentioned about changing tire size to impact gear ratio, etc. The manual says in bold letters, do not change tire size as the ABS computer is programmed for the tires that came on the rig and it doesn't imply this programming is easily changed. Apparently this can make the ABS non-functional intermittently and can't be predicted.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 05:36 PM   #91

Let me ask the question this way. How many people boondock in undeveloped areas or stay in National Forest Campgrounds?
Old 02-18-2018, 07:35 PM   #92

We spend a lot of time boondocking in the southwest deserts, no issues with ground clearances, 2018 DX3 36FK. We tow a jeep JK 2 door Wrangler & enjoy being out & away from the crouds.
CSWVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:00 PM   #93

When the MH is aired up and running how much clearance do you have?
Old 02-18-2018, 08:03 PM   #94

We are out & camped now, I will measure in the am and post when we brake camp.
CSWVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:10 PM   #95

On level ground mine has 16" between the ground and bottom of the receiver hitch.

I pulled my rig around to the RV shop since its supposed to snow tonight. You have to go up a slope from the car shop to the RV shop. Total elevation increase is 5' over a 40' distance. I think that makes it a 12.5% grade. I pulled up it until the rear tires just touched the grade increase. I took this photo of the hitch and the side ears were barely touching the gravel.

You have to back down a less steep slope to go into the shop but the 12' concrete pad in front of the door slops upward for drainage. While backing in the side ears touched just enough to make a faint mark on the cement.

Once I raise the cross bar height 3" and then cut off the side ears flush, it should give me another 4" of clearance.

If I add rollers they will be on either side of the side ears just below flush.

Also, all of the owners manuals say not to weld on the coach unless you unhook key wiring, like the Aqua Hot, to avoid damage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180218_124346055.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	436.4 KB
ID:	162776  

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
Old 02-18-2018, 08:22 PM   #96

That's very good. Can you go over speed bumps? When going in and out of gas stations do you have to be careful to go in square to the road edge?

Thank you for the reply's.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:35 PM   #97

Quote:
That's very good. Can you go over speed bumps? When going in and out of gas stations do you have to be careful to go in square to the road edge?

Thank you for the reply's.
I just got it home Friday and I've only driven it 2 days so far, but no problem on speeds bumps for sure. Entering/exiting gas stations shouldn't be an issue since the wheelbase will effectively level a lot of that out. If they are really steep, short drops, as long as they are not more than 19" (once I get the hitch moved up) it shouldn't be a problem. My bigger concern would be if I'm pulling the car trailer, the trailer jack would be at risk. I'm going to have to modify the jack foot so I can stow it in a higher position.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
Old 02-18-2018, 08:41 PM   #98

Drug my trailer jack once, bent the shaft, mounted the new one higher. Lol
Old 02-19-2018, 09:45 AM   #99

Is the frig in the DX3 a dual fuel?
Old 02-19-2018, 09:51 AM   #100
Commercial Member

Quote:
Is the frig in the DX3 a dual fuel?
You can get it either way. 110V is standard with an option for 2 way. Not really dual fuel, unless you consider 110V a fuel...which technically it is.