Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2017, 03:36 AM   #1

Question for 37BH owners...

What would you change in your floorplan if you were to buy again?

Does the Hide-A-Bed Couch have reclining/folding foot rest as well? It doesn't look very comfy?

I ordered the Theatre Seating w/ TV/Fireplace, but having second thoughts on this...

I haven't owned a Recliner in so many years I can't remember the last time I even owned one...

I was thinking with Cab-Over Bed and Bunks along with Dinette that can sleep one I would be well covered on sleeping spaces, but still can't help but wonder if I would like the Hide-A-Bed Sofa?

Thanks for any input or advice in advance...Cole
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:19 AM   #2

We never used the hide-a-bed in our 2016, in that unit there was no foot rest, just a couch. in our 2018 we ordered the theatre seats, did not get the fireplace.
We liked the theatre seats, pretty comfy. We will remove the loveseat inside the door and add our euro recliner to that area, can move it around where needed.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:39 AM   #3

2016 here so no recliner either. Since we have no cab over we've used the hideabed several times. Gotten reasonable feedback (no complaints) so assume it works fine. Haven't slept in it ourselves for obvious reasons.

For us the couch + loveseat is a must have with two dogs that get first choice at seating.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:36 AM   #4

I had the theater seating and did not like it, so we traded for this sofa bed/recliner. It is very comfortable to sit on and to sleep on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	recliner sofa.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	155331   Click image for larger version

Name:	recliner sofa 1.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	155332  
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:34 PM   #5

We have a 2018 37BH, with the extra love seat instead of the fireplace/TV. We love the floor plan because we have 3 kids, so the bunks and cab over bed are great. In a perfect world, we'd have more pantry/closet/cabinet space as well as more counter space, but we had to sacrifice some of that for the bunks. In fact I'm going to remove the washer/dryer so we can reclaim some space. (anybody want to buy a washer/dryer combo )
The bunks can work for adults as long as they're not to big (or claustrophobic.)

The hide-a-bed couch has a foot rest but the seat doesn't recline even when you extend the foot rest - so that's not super comfortable, but it's not bad.

The bed itself on that couch is like a tri-fold type, it's actually quite comfortable, we've had two adults sleeping on that one. The slide out needs to be open to use it as a bed.

An adult (maybe two) can fit on the dinette, which is also comfortable. It's longer than you would think, but wouldn't be good for tall folks.

We just took a week long trip with the family of 5 plus two grandparents and once we figured out where everyone would put their stuff, it was great, didn't feel crowded at all.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:27 AM   #6
jkoenig24

My DX3 is a 2015 37RB model. The OEM furniture was beautiful eye candy but not even close to being comfortable. Being a solo, extra sleeping capacity is NOT important to me. At the 2015 FROG Rally, I met the folks at ProCustomInc. I was impressed by their work and, had them replace the bed, dinette, and sofa. I now have a VERY comfortable RV Queen mattress (60"wide x 76" long), a custom-made trestle table with two good chairs and, a wall hugging recliner. I still have that barrel chair but, if I find a gal who can put up with me, a second recliner can replace that. I believe Dynamax has made changes to the DX3 floorplans. I LOVE the fact that, on my 2015 DX3-37RB, NOTHING IMPORTANT MOVES. ALL major appliances, water and propane supply lines and waste lines stay put. In the two slides, ONLY one 12VDC and one 110VAC wire moves with each slide. I also replaced the two 12VDC house batteries with six 6VDC batteries that quadrupled the time I can be off grid and not have to run the generator.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:14 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
We have 2018 37BH standard floorplan (so loveseat instead of larger TV) we have 5 kids and on our big out west trip wanted the extra seating. I like the TV on the corner up out of the way too. I could see someone bumping into the big 50" one which is right at "people" level. i like the ambiance of the fireplace, but we usually don't camp in winter so would never use it for heat.

We have the couch with the pull out foot rests. Ok, not super comfortable, but ok. Used the hide-away trifold bed in couch the entire outwest trip. My 6'4" son slept on it. While the cushions are comfortable the head section is lower so you feel like you're sleeping downhill, not pleasant. There are some people on here than went in and raised the area to prevent this. We used a folded blanket under a memory foam to give that area some lift. We were not interested in the cabover, didn't need THAT much sleeping due to bunk slide, plus prefered the look without cabover.

In the kitchen at first was concerned about cabinet space(much less cabinetry than our class A) but with little additions of shelves and clear freezer trays (think front narrow storage, no overhead cab) I have been able to fit everything nicely. Would like more counter space, but wouldn't give up the bunks. They are perfect for us. Don't really take away from living area, and not a separate "bunkroom" But great out of the way sleeping and they are long enough for my 6'4" son to stretch out. When no one is with us we just use them for our bags etc. When the kids, or anyone else are with us I have a lightweight shelf that sits next to lower bunk like a "nightstand"

Speaking of counter space hopefully in yours they place the "extra" fold up counter at the end of your counter, it will be very functional there. Ours opens up into the stairwell, blocks that, and blocks an important outlet when closed. Not very functional.

Hope this wasn't too lengthy, this is kind of like when you go to the RV show and get peoples opinions of different options. Always so helpful !!
Old 10-31-2017, 10:06 PM   #8
Retired Army Paratrooper

We have 2016 BH it came with the pull out bed and small sofa. We removed both of them and installed Theater seating we purchased at rooms to go. Removed the small sofa and built a fireplace in its place. Just the two of us and sometime our grandson so it works for us.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:32 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
We have 2016 BH it came with the pull out bed and small sofa. We removed both of them and installed Theater seating we purchased at rooms to go. Removed the small sofa and built a fireplace in its place. Just the two of us and sometime our grandson so it works for us.
Yes sir, looked at that theatre seating in your photos and it does look comfy, and a great looking setup as well!
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 10:50 AM   #10

How do you guys get around the dinette? I have a 2014 BH and want a more comfy sofa, but it’s connected to the front portion of the dinette seat. Going to have to replace both.
Chrislh83 is offline   Reply With Quote