Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2016, 09:59 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Yes, I think Matt has a guy he has used on several occasions that seems to do good work. Email that list to mswihart@forestriverinc.com along with your VIN and contact info and he can get you the contact.

7) what's a "Micro Air Vent" screen?

Microwave Oven over the stove has (2) small mesh screen that filter the circulating air, because it's not really a vent, it moves the stove air out to the upper top of the Microwave oven into the coach.

10) Is it the metal pantry? There should be a metal lever on the back side of the white square front frame. No one ever knows where it is and no one can see it. If the rack was tried to pull out without pushing that lever in, it could be damaged.
Yes, it's the Latch that is supposed to release so it can slide out.

12) Those darn screws are too short...they leave just fine, but all the bouncing can shake them loose. As for going up...those blinds are adjustable. There is a small wheel on either side of the blind. One side (blind will not move when you turn it) adjust the speeds at which the blind retracts. The other side is a wheel/dial that when you turn it, the blind will move. That adjusts where the blind will stop when it goes up.

13) there is a method to reset the level on the jacks, should be in the manual. be advised, due to the spring front and air ride back...the front jacks can "stroke out" before the unit is level. I cases like that you would need to block the front to give them more travel.
I am aware about the Ram Fully Extending, I downloaded the Manual today.

14) yes, Freightliner stuff (air bags, dials) needs to go to Freightliner
OK
I don't know that anything feeds from the sat box to the other TV's on the Force. The dash DVD player feeds the front TV, coax feeds all TVs for over the air. That's something I think I have engineering working on. It used to be coax fed everything...but today, it should be HDMI home runs everywhere.
The Dash Stereo/Cd/DVD feeds by Component Cables to the Main Tv above the Bunk Bed. There are (2) HDMI Cables that come from the Sat. on the Roof. There is a Coax that come from the Sewer/Water compartment.
I do know that (1) HDMI at the Sat Box location at the upper Bunk feeds the Main Tv. It looks like there is a HDMI out of the Main TV that feeds the Outside TV, the other HDMI must go to the rear Bedroom Tv. I haven't gotten that far as I have Directv and the Sat on the Roof is set-up for Dish Network.
The roof Air Ant works, but at a Rv park with cable hook-ups available and connected at the "Cable" connection it the Sewer/Water Compartment there is no signal. Yes I did go through the Tv setting and select Cable as a source, still no feed.
Bill
Old 02-02-2017, 12:08 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
I do not have that switch on mine, but it is a year older than yours.

I switched my head unit from Sony to a Pioneer. Pioneer has a setting to leave the rear camera on at all times if you choose too, no need for the extra switch.
Hello Halla,

Of the various fixes to the problem of not have an always-on rear view display for monitoring tow vehicles, your fix of replacing the Sony head unit with a Pioneer head unit seems to be the best, although not as good a Beclemens' proposal for a stand alone monitor.

Is your proposal as simple as you make it sound, that is, pull the Sony head and replace it with Pioneer? Would you please supply the model number of the Pioneer head unit?

Thank you for your suggestion. I have been searching for a good solution for awhile.

Gerard
2016 Dynamax DX3
Thebackpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:49 AM   #23

you have to wire the pioneer to the factory harness, which didn't take too long. you will also have to replace the sirius/xm tuner, get the one that works with the pioneer, I was able to use the sirius antenna that was on the coach. I do not use the gps, so I did not replace the gps with the pioneer unit.

I use a Garmin on dash RV specific GPS, that also has a wireless backup camera that I have wired on my enclosed trailer that we tow.

The head unit is listed here. AVH-X8500BHS - 2-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver with 7” WVGA Touchscreen Display, MIXTRAX, Bluetooth®, HD Radio™ Tuner, SiriusXM Ready, and AppRadio Mode for iPhone® and Select Android™ Devices | Pioneer Electronics USA

Good luck, love the Pioneer, which they may have a newer model number now, this is over a year old.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:17 PM   #24
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Bravo View Post
The Dash Stereo/Cd/DVD feeds by Component Cables to the Main Tv above the Bunk Bed. There are (2) HDMI Cables that come from the Sat. on the Roof. There is a Coax that come from the Sewer/Water compartment.
I do know that (1) HDMI at the Sat Box location at the upper Bunk feeds the Main Tv. It looks like there is a HDMI out of the Main TV that feeds the Outside TV, the other HDMI must go to the rear Bedroom Tv. I haven't gotten that far as I have Directv and the Sat on the Roof is set-up for Dish Network.
The roof Air Ant works, but at a Rv park with cable hook-ups available and connected at the "Cable" connection it the Sewer/Water Compartment there is no signal. Yes I did go through the Tv setting and select Cable as a source, still no feed.
Bill
You also need to make sure that the powered antenna is off. If you have the Jack digital antenna, some people thinking turning off the switch on the white plate is enough...that is only the single meter (blue LED lights). You actually have to hit the little tiny button the on antenna booster (brown/black plate) to cut 12V power to the antenna. Same plate for the Winegard antenna that is the crank up style (no signal booster). If power is still going to the antenna, it will not allow cable signal to pass.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:13 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
you have to wire the pioneer to the factory harness, which didn't take too long.

I use a Garmin on dash RV specific GPS, that also has a wireless backup camera that I have wired on my enclosed trailer that we tow.

Good luck, love the Pioneer, which they may have a newer model number now, this is over a year old.
Halla,

I also prefer Garmin. I have a Garmin RV 760 LMT, which is specific to RVs. It will take weight and dimensions. Hopefully, it keep me off roads I should not be on.

Did you have to remove the instrument panel to access the wires?

Gerard
Thebackpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 06:42 PM   #26

Quote:
Hello,

I just purchased 2016 Dynamax Force 37BHHD and I have a few questions.

1) What is the switch on the Dash labeled "OPT",(next to the exhaust brake sw) I was told during the purchase walkthrough that it was a spare.
I just partially traced the OPT wire. The post is 2015 DX3 37BHHD Switch?
Old 02-08-2017, 06:48 PM   #27

I have the same Garmin, love it. If you are asking about wires for the radio, then yes. The panel in front of the passenger seat needs to be removed too, that is where my sirius tuner was. Replace the incab air filter when you are in there, they get pretty dirty during construction. You can find replacement on Amazon
Old 02-16-2017, 05:22 PM   #28

Quote:
Hello,

I just purchased 2016 Dynamax Force 37BHHD and I have a few questions.

1) What is the switch on the Dash labeled "OPT",(next to the exhaust brake sw) I was told during the purchase walkthrough that it was a spare.

There are (2) whips/plugs behind the switch one is marked wiring Opt.wrg#2 (of which is plugged into the switch) & Opt.wrg#1 A06-81431-001.
What is this switch used for ?

Thanks Bill
Your switch labeled OPT has now been located. I completed the wire trace and located the termination point for the harness and wire # 1408 399A. Go to my post at the following link to see photos and instructions.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ch-124190.html