Old 05-01-2016, 12:01 PM   #1

Questions.

Hello,

I just purchased 2016 Dynamax Force 37BHHD and I have a few questions.

1) What is the switch on the Dash labeled "OPT",(next to the exhaust brake sw) I was told during the purchase walkthrough that it was a spare.

I would like to used this switch as a rearview Camera override while driving.
(Why this function is unavailable while driving is beyond me , it is a safety concern IMO, it is necessary to view your vehicle/trailer and other vehicles while in motion.)

There are (2) whips/plugs behind the switch one is marked wiring Opt.wrg#2 (of which is plugged into the switch) & Opt.wrg#1 A06-81431-001.
What is this switch used for ?

I have searched the FR website for a wiring diagram with no luck, there is not one inside the coach as well.
The owners manual that came with the coach as nothing to do or has any relationship with a Dynmax, the one shown on their website is outdated.

I need a link to a PDF file Wiring Diagram.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Bill

Old 05-02-2016, 08:18 AM   #2

I do not have that switch on mine, but it is a year older than yours.

I switched my head unit from Sony to a Pioneer. Pioneer has a setting to leave the rear camera on at all times if you choose too, no need for the extra switch.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:29 AM   #3
GM

I'll get it for you today.

We had a setting like that on the old radio...but it changed with no notice. I'm looking at stand alone monitors that no longer depend on the radio for that feature anyway. I don't like being dependent on the whims of electronics suppliers
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:23 PM   #4

If you decide to do a 360 degree camera system and monitor, I would be interested in that system. Very cool way to keep an eye on a big coach.

2016 Dynamax Force. Just-Rite2
Old 05-02-2016, 12:54 PM   #5

Thanks Halla for you reply on the rear window.

Which leads to more Q's:

1) The Rear window has been altered from a standard functioning window to a "Jury Rigged" Exit window again, great job at the factory guy/gals my handles are loose and about to fall off.

Where are the parts (mech,handle & screen)that came with the original window? are they available?
Why would any mfg inhibit the flow of fresh air to the rear of the coach?

2) Why would FR design MH that has limited access to the rear of the motorhome when the slide is in ?

I need to know what is inside the "partition wall" at the rear of the Bunkbeds, I plan on removing the wall and installing a sliding door so you can access the the rear of the coach when the slide is in.
An 11.5 inch opening isn't enough room for a averaged size human to squeeze through.

Hellomost people will have a passenger that might want to sleep while the coach is traveling.

Other than a few mods this will be a nice coach
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160501_184544.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	232.8 KB
ID:	106698   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160501_184534.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	265.4 KB
ID:	106699   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160501_131718.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	106700   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160501_130543.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	106701  
Old 05-02-2016, 02:19 PM   #6
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Bravo View Post
Thanks Halla for you reply on the rear window.

Which leads to more Q's:

1) The Rear window has been altered from a standard functioning window to a "Jury Rigged" Exit window again, great job at the factory guy/gals my handles are loose and about to fall off.

Where are the parts (mech,handle & screen)that came with the original window? are they available?
Why would any mfg inhibit the flow of fresh air to the rear of the coach?

2) Why would FR design MH that has limited access to the rear of the motorhome when the slide is in ?

I need to know what is inside the "partition wall" at the rear of the Bunkbeds, I plan on removing the wall and installing a sliding door so you can access the the rear of the coach when the slide is in.
An 11.5 inch opening isn't enough room for a averaged size human to squeeze through.

Hellomost people will have a passenger that might want to sleep while the coach is traveling.

Other than a few mods this will be a nice coach
1) the rear window is that way due to code. In a motorhome a rear window cannot be fixed/screened/openable. It could be opened in transit and then backdraft in exhaust. Thank the government, not Dynamax.
2) Same thing. Passengers should be seat belted while the vehicle is in transit. Again, thank the government, not Dynamax. I rode in truck beds as a kid.

PS. the switch on the front used to be used for docking lights on other rigs. Should be free to use for your backup purposes. At one point we also used it to make the radio hot when the ignition key was off.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 05-02-2016, 02:39 PM   #7

Yes thanks I figured as much that it had to do with the GOV.

PS. the switch on the front used to be used for docking lights on other rigs. Should be free to use for your backup purposes. At one point we also used it to make the radio hot when the ignition key was off.

There is a switch to the far right that is used for the radio when the Ign. is turned off. It was added at the FR factory, it's not a FL switch.
When I find out where the OPT. looms ends up I'll add some Dock Lights.

Are there any photos available during const. on the Bunk wall so i may see what's behind the paneling ?

Thanks
Old 05-02-2016, 07:34 PM   #8
GM

I'll get you some, or at least prints of what is in there.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:50 PM   #9
GM

724bravo. Sent you a PM so we can put you in touch with the electrical engineer.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
724bravo. Sent you a PM so we can put you in touch with the electrical engineer.
I recieved a phone call.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate the rapid response(s)

You guys rock