Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2018, 12:11 PM   #1

Questions...

This is a Brian question unless someone else knows. How are the frame rails are prepped and painted? My coach is back at Dylan's again... and in the long list of outstanding items needing repair this is one of them. The rails are completely rusted underneath and up the lower sides all around the coach.

The are sanding everything down to bare metal. I grabbed a few pics when I stopped to see the door (more on that in a moment). I see that there is no primer, the tech also confirmed the same. Is that standard? I can't imaging painting something "road ready" without properly prepping it. He will be sanding down all surfaces, priming and painting.

The door... one of the biggest PIA's since I got the coach. Apparently the frame was distorted by excessive amounts of sealant/caulk that expanded as they dried. So it appears the door wasn't defective, just installed incorrectly.

Some other items... bath sink drain doesn't drain properly. Tech found the proper trap is missing... but based on the sinks placement and plumbing from the wall he can't put one in.

Water line to frig, just sitting in bowl to ice maker. When it filled the bowl the water pressure cause it to shift allowing water to drain down the side and onto the floor...

All this just proves my point on the need for Dynamax to improve QC. The more I see the more I shake my headClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4816.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	173044Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4815.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	231.7 KB
ID:	173045
vrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:54 PM   #2

It would really be nice is you had a signature line showing what rig, model, year, etc.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:09 PM   #3
hhl

Maybe a sink bottle trap will work for your bath sink. It's designed for tight spaces.
hhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:16 PM   #4
Commercial Member

For one, I will wait for a response from MORryde on the painting issue. I don't like to assume.

I will say, many people don't know a lot about paint or RV's so they speculate. I had a local truck shop say the "leaf spring was probably broken" and a customer took their word for FACT...when I told them I knew what it was, I was the liar...the guy they just met, first time seeing an RV on a RAM 5500 is the "expert", I was a liar.

I know that there are some products that are paint/primer in one. Paint is not my speciality.

As for the door, again, that's sounds to me like someone grasping for reasons. I do know for a fact, that some doors were not coming in with enough camber. I had some concerns, brought the supplier out to audit the install and they began building our doors with maximum camber instead of minimum camber. And while I know this to be true, I would not want to speculate on your door as I am not there to see it with my own eyes. I do know it is human nature to give the first possible reason without asking more questions, because people tend to take the easy way out.

So, you prove your stated point, with your proposed "facts". I'm not sure how you want me to respond. No matter what you find...I will never argue with the fact that we need more QC. I'll always agree with that until we deliver everything perfect.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskeans View Post
It would really be nice is you had a signature line showing what rig, model, year, etc.

Sorry I should've added it.

2018 Isata 5 35DB
Old 05-23-2018, 02:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhl View Post
Maybe a sink bottle trap will work for your bath sink. It's designed for tight spaces.

Thank you, I will check that out.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:20 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Response from MORryde.

"We use a 55% solid, oil-based Valspar spray-on paint. It’s made specifically for this application. We can’t powder coat the chassis because we’d melt wires, tires, cabs, etc. but sometimes I do get that question. The same paint is used on all chassis we do for buses and RVs, and is similar to what the chassis manufacturers use on their frame rails. It sounds like the OE chassis parts are rusting also based on what I read below. The reality is the brine/chemicals being applied to the roads in the winter is more aggressive than ever, and will chew through any paint more quickly than it used to. I don’t know when the unit in question was made (winter vs. summer), but that’s something to consider. The best thing to do is wash the parts down after transport to/from paint and after delivery to the dealer if the roads have salt on them."

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
For one, I will wait for a response from MORryde on the painting issue. I don't like to assume.

I will say, many people don't know a lot about paint or RV's so they speculate. I had a local truck shop say the "leaf spring was probably broken" and a customer took their word for FACT...when I told them I knew what it was, I was the liar...the guy they just met, first time seeing an RV on a RAM 5500 is the "expert", I was a liar.

I know that there are some products that are paint/primer in one. Paint is not my speciality.

As for the door, again, that's sounds to me like someone grasping for reasons. I do know for a fact, that some doors were not coming in with enough camber. I had some concerns, brought the supplier out to audit the install and they began building our doors with maximum camber instead of minimum camber. And while I know this to be true, I would not want to speculate on your door as I am not there to see it with my own eyes. I do know it is human nature to give the first possible reason without asking more questions, because people tend to take the easy way out.

So, you prove your stated point, with your proposed "facts". I'm not sure how you want me to respond. No matter what you find...I will never argue with the fact that we need more QC. I'll always agree with that until we deliver everything perfect.

My "facts" are based on the dealers techs findings and my own eyes... I don't know how they paint the frame rails, I do know they should rust after 6 months... I wasn't sure if you painted it in house or if MORryde did it.

The door issue is better. The door closes easier with less effort. The tech took pictures of what it looked like after removing the jamb, I am assuming they will share with you. I wasn't keen on having the door replaced since it meant re painting a custom paint job... no matter how good you are, it's impossible to duplicate.

The other issues just point towards the overall "rushed" feeling about the whole coach. Which lends itself to a lack of QC.