Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2017, 01:19 PM   #1

Questions 2017 Dynamax DX3 37TS

Hello Folks,
I am new here. I have been lurking for some time. I have been searching for the perfect (for me) RV for over a year. I have never owned a MH before but I have owned travel trailers. I have known for many years that I would get one. I am at the age now where I am ready to get serious.

I have been looking for a BH model because I wanted to remove the bunks and add a work desk. I want to spend at lease a couple of months a year traveling but I am still working so I need to have a computer and monitor available.

I recently found a floor plan that I instantly fell in love with and, at least from the photos, looks like it has a place where I can work without going with a BH model. In comes the DX3 37TS! I absolutely love this floor plan. The exterior of the coach is amazing looking (I have already decided that I am going with a Super C). On the models I have seen, the dark cabinets, light colored floor, and light furniture would be my dream coach.

So on to the questions:

The version I am looking at has the fireplace and drop down TV right across from the sofa. This looks like I could use this as a workstation when I need to work (using the TV as my monitor). Does anyone have this particular model that could confirm it would be a comfortable place to work?

I am also wondering if there might be space behind the fireplace that might hold a small computer (just a 16" x 10" box)?

For anyone that owns a 37' DX3, do you know if it can be backed up into a driveway that has a small incline (I realize this is very general, but just wondering how others deal with it)? I want to keep the coach at my home but there is a slight incline to my driveway. I was unable to put my TT in the driveway because it would hit something underneath first.

That's a good start I guess. I didn't want to make my first post too long.

Thank you in advance and thanks for the invaluable information I have already gained from this forum.
Patrick2786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 01:44 PM   #2
Commercial Member

1. We made the counter stick out a little further than normal so that you had knee space if you wanted to use that area as a desk.
2. The space behind the fireplace is taken up with the outside TV, pop-up TV...not sure there is room. However, on either side there is a small storage area. That might be large enough to hold a tower.

Just a heads up...these pictures are of the proto-type. Since these shots were taken, we make the top out of the same solid surface kitchen top. The Dynaquest XL would still get the wood top like this because that is 1.25" quartz and the TV pop up did not like the weight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1876.JPG.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	284.3 KB
ID:	129944   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1877.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	270.9 KB
ID:	129945   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1878.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	129946   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1879.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	262.0 KB
ID:	129947   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1880.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	264.5 KB
ID:	129948  

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:06 PM   #3

New 37TS questions

My wife and I are intending to step up from our 33sw 4x4 rv to a new 37TS or 37BH, We are leaning toward to 37TS though because she wants to be able to access the bed and bath easily traveling down the road. We intend to order 2 of them. 1 for ourselves and 1 a friend wants who also owns a 36ds 4x4. We want to use primarily for dry camping. both would be 4x4, dd13 engine, M2 112 chassis. Is it possible to get the 37Ts with the bed fixed so water tank can be under bed and dresser can be on the slide giving better storage in the bedroom? The bath would probably have to be reversed, but not a back thing since the toilet would be over the deeper part of the waist tank? It would be nice if the dvd cabinet was next to the step like on the 36ds and if the pantry was a slide out pantry with build in wood drawers giving the storage and access a major improvement. Some of this would be also improved if the BH model had more clearance when the slides were in. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Love the product.
rmkescp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:53 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:48 PM   #5
Commercial Member

We are proto-typing a fixed bed base right now, just to make it more consistent with other models...but I don't think we had any plans to move the fresh water. You would gain storage below the bed however.

If you put the dresser on the slide, you actually lose space width wise. While you might gain the space where the water tank was, with the space that the slide fascia taks, the room we need as gap space and the slide walls, I'd say you lose 16-20" minimum in width.

Old 03-11-2017, 12:04 AM   #6

I'd be very interested in seeing the fixed bed version. I don't understand how big water tank could be in a slide though. Thank you
rmkescp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 12:06 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Only the bed base would be fixed, the bed top still slides and as I type this,...I might be thinking of the RB floor plans not the TS.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:31 AM   #8

BClemens... Have a 2016 DX3 TS... Love the new option with the TV and fireplace along with the swivel captain sets... Can Dynamax do a refit on my coach?
RViBrake2 Auxilliary Braking System w/ TPMS
Frank and Karen Mann
YouTheMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:43 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Possibly...but we are way out on service work.

A dealer thought they could do it...but it was a nightmare. There are no instructions how to use what where and I think they had to order parts 3 or 4 times. it's not as simple as one would think to just take out the comfort lounge and add the other stuff in. We also have to re-route a lot of AV cables and wiring.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:43 AM   #10

Patrick2786... have had my 2016 DX3 TS for about 18 months now. The bottom of the hitch frame is quite low. After bottoming out the first time a week after I took possesion of the rig, just made me cognizant of the issue. In 20k miles has only happen twice again. I just pay attention to the dips in the parking lots/gas stations I enter/exit. You may/may not have an issue depending on the angle of the driveway. Driving in/out at a severe angle so that the rear tires straddle the dip somewhat mitigates the issue. Overall very happy with floorplan, quality and performance of my rig.
Frank and Karen Mann
Old 03-14-2017, 10:50 AM   #11

BClemens... How do you look on the service schedule for late August?
Frank and Karen Mann
Old 03-14-2017, 11:09 AM   #12
Commercial Member

I think we might be open there. You can email the service guys, on the Dynamax contact us page.

dynamax-service@forestriverinc.com

We would probably want to make sure we order everything in ahead of time.