Old 09-10-2016, 01:57 PM   #1

Questions about my REV

1. Entry steps: I have not figured out how to keep my entry steps from retracting when I am parked. Sometimes they don't retract but usually they do retract when we open the door. What is the secret? The step switch is near the door.

2. Battery switch: In my previous RV the battery switch had to be in the on position to charge the battery when hooked up to shore power. I believe that is the same for this REV. Can someone confirm that?

3. Also, in previous RV all 12v and 110v outlets worked when hooked up to shore power regardless of the battery switch position. It seems now that the battery switch has to be in the ON position for the 110v to work.

4. Does the factory installed inverter affect any of the above?

5. Is there storage space under the dinette seats. The seat cushions don't seem to come out and I don't want to force them or ruin them.

6. Truma has an app for their house heater/ hot water heater. It works via bluetooth. I tried connecting once and it didn't work but it was only a brief attempt on a hot day. I then decided to wait until cooler weather in the Fall. I am wondering if anyone knows if the app will work with the Truma display in my REV.

Bobby

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:52 AM   #2
Love my Rev

as far as the steps - ours retract each time door shuts with the battery power switched off / but doesn't when the switch is on

Old 09-12-2016, 09:00 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve32409 View Post
as far as the steps - ours retract each time door shuts with the battery power switched off / but doesn't when the switch is on
Ours has a separate switch for entry steps that has to be on and the steps will stay out(obviously coach power has to be on).

It sounds like you need to go back to dealer for another walk through. All of these issues should have been covered.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:25 AM   #4
Commercial Member

1. There is a control panel next to the entry door with a toggle lever that says "Entry Steps". That must be toggled on for the steps to stay out while the door is closed.

2. On the control panel next to the entry door, there is a "Coach Battery" toggle lever. The lever will toggle power to the coach from the batteries. It must be switched on.

3. Correct, it must be toggled on.

4. The inverter should affect any outlet labeled with a GFCI sticker.

5. Yes, there is storage underneath the dinette. Just lift up on the seat cushions.

6. Truma does have an app yes, but it is not for the US market yet. From what I understand they are wanting to introduce it here, but later in future. Nothing that we would have would include Bluetooth, though.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
zgipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 02:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve32409 View Post
I will give that a try. Thanks.

I usually have the battery switch off when parked and not in use.

Old 09-12-2016, 02:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohawks View Post
Ours has a separate switch for entry steps that has to be on and the steps will stay out(obviously coach power has to be on).

It sounds like you need to go back to dealer for another walk through. All of these issues should have been covered.
I think you are tellng me the same thing as Steve32409 but it was not obvious to me that coach power had to be on to keep the steps from retracting. Especially since the steps work with the coach power on or off.

You may be correct about another visit to the dealer but sort of inconvenient for me. There was a bit of confusion during the PDI as some things did not work that day but did on a previous visit.

My problem is, and I wish everyone has this problem, there is not much compelling reason to visit the dealer since this REV is well built and trouble free so far.

Thanks

Old 09-12-2016, 02:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgipson View Post
1. There is a control panel next to the entry door with a toggle lever that says "Entry Steps". That must be toggled on for the steps to stay out while the door is closed.
Is the on position when the top of the switch is in?

2. On the control panel next to the entry door, there is a "Coach Battery" toggle lever. The lever will toggle power to the coach from the batteries. It must be switched on.

3. Correct, it must be toggled on.

4. The inverter should affect any outlet labeled with a GFCI sticker.

5. Yes, there is storage underneath the dinette. Just lift up on the seat cushions.
That was attempted during the PDI but they did not budge and dealer men decided they did not come up. I tried but did not use much force. Will try again.

6. Truma does have an app yes, but it is not for the US market yet. From what I understand they are wanting to introduce it here, but later in future. Nothing that we would have would include Bluetooth, though.
I have the Truma app which I learned about from their web site. Back to the old fashioned method of reading the instructions. Do you know what the display is supposed to show when nothing is being used?

Thanks.

Old 09-12-2016, 02:51 PM   #8
Commercial Member

You can hit the little return arrow on the lower left-hand side to take you all the way out to the default screen which should just show the time.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 09-12-2016, 02:55 PM   #9

Well that info can save me a few hours of reading the manual.

Does Dynamax supply someone to distract my dog while I try these solutions? She expects to go for a ride whenever I enter the RV.

Old 09-12-2016, 03:02 PM   #10
Commercial Member

Haha, good one! Just goes to show that even our pets love to RV as much as we do!.