Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2018, 06:32 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookieblaylock View Post
Not going to wait on the BH Cascadia, Joe
From what I can gather, they will not be building the Cascadia any time soon, so I may make a move, not sure yet. LOL
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 09:31 AM   #22
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoenig24 View Post
If I were to buy / order today, I would want a FREIGHTLINER INSTALLED brake controller. Adding "extra" items to a truck's computer bus can have unexpected, unwanted and potentially dangerous consequences. My 2015 DX3-37RB has a listed tow capacity of 20,000# (with a listed tongue weight rating of 1,500#). I spoke with the Freightliner shop in Austin, TX yesterday. I have a DirectLink HDT Brake Controller on its' way to me (I'll be picking up a Featherlite trailer in two weeks). I wanted Freightliner to install said controller for me but, the Service Manager told he that he would NOT install anything to the computer bus that was not OEM Freightliner as there were too many potential problems that could arise. He did say he could forward my request to Freightliner where engineers would work out EXACTLY how to install the device while maintaining the integrity of ALL the other components in the system. Barney (the Service Manager) told me that if, a brake controller had been "speced" with a brake controller as an OEM option, it probably would have added $200~$300 to the cost of the cab/chassis. To have the engineers do it as an aftermarket job, he estimated it would run between $2000~$4000! I have been in contact with Tuson Brake who makes the Direct Link controller. They agreed that care needed to be exercised when dealing with a vehicle's computer bus but, they claim their DirectLink Brake Controller, when used with their HDT connection kit should not adversely affect the Freightliner (fingers crossed here). I had also hoped to simultaneously use the Silverleaf Electronics Engine Diagnostics package but apparently, without approval from Freightliner engineers, that's not going to be possible without risk to the truck's computer bus.
From my Freightliner rep....

"Freightliner does not offer an electronic brake controller, they offer the electric brake pre wire, wires run from under the dash to the end of the frame for the electric brake controller install."

We've been installing Prodigy brake controllers for a couple of years now with no issue.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:22 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We've been installing Prodigy brake controllers for a couple of years now with no issue.

And prior to my using the integrated brake controller in my RAM, I always used the Prodigy with zero problems when towing. This is all a non-issue. Just personal preference.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 01:46 PM   #24

Curious if we order a Force HD (2020 Model) will it have the newer LED Headlights as well?
FuelandFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 01:51 PM   #25
Commercial Member

We don't have 2020 pricing out yet, but any new orders would have the LED headlights. That would include any new order 19's as well.

It is a tangled up mess right now. It seems like every chassis builder is either way late with model change, way early or out completely.

Old 12-13-2018, 02:17 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We don't have 2020 pricing out yet, but any new orders would have the LED headlights. That would include any new order 19's as well.

It is a tangled up mess right now. It seems like every chassis builder is either way late with model change, way early or out completely.
Yea that is what my dealer told me as well... Do you anticipate much of an increase? We are looking to place our order soon, and understand there are still a few unknowns.
FuelandFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:23 PM   #27
Commercial Member

Tarriff's have put us into a little bind, so we have gone up a bit there effective 1/1/19. We had told most of our dealers it was coming and I think most adjusted their pricing accordingly.

As for chassis...I am hopeful. The issue is, they don't even have pricing done, so I won't know until after the first. I can't even get a list of the changes. I know the SLT package that we run is going away for 2019, but I "THINK" it is just getting renamed the "Big Horn" package. Part of it will also depend on what options they open up for the cab chassis...so If we take a few more options that might not have been available to us before. So while it may go up....you'll actually be getting more features. Or, maybe it will be just like the 18's.

Everyone talks about how refined the automotive industry is versus the RV industry. I just chuckle. Even on lead times, we catch flack because we can't guaranty delivery dates. Mercedes can't even get me VIN's for chassis that are physically landing on my property. I have to walk out and get it off the paperwork. I committed to 100 extra chassis, ETA in October. I'm still receiving delivery trucks from them mid-December. They sell can't tell me how many of the extra I committed to have landed.

Old 12-13-2018, 04:41 PM   #28

Gee's. That's unreal.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:45 PM   #29
Commercial Member

I should say "won't"...maybe they can, just our rep chooses not to.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:18 PM   #30

Can you tell me when the first 2020 dynaquest XL will be online?
Abe padgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:36 AM   #31
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe padgett View Post
Can you tell me when the first 2020 dynaquest XL will be online?
That has yet to be determined. We try and time it on when we will have all the 2020 materials in. Currently we are waiting for availability of the quad view camera. The other option is to roll out 2020's and not make that an official spec and it just becomes a running change. Model change sucks.

Old 12-16-2018, 07:40 PM   #32
jkoenig24

"Freightliner does not offer an electronic brake controller, they offer the electric brake pre wire, wires run from under the dash to the end of the frame for the electric brake controller install."

Can you tell me if said "brake pre wire" was done on 2014 DX3s (and if so, what should I be looking for; a molex connector, individual wires or something else)? I'll be checking in with a Freightliner shop in NY soon. Having that information would be VERY useful. The last six digits of my VIN is: FY2112. I've purchased the Direct Link DL100 Brake Controller and HDT Kit. I'm told by Alan (the "tech guy" at Tuson Brake) that's all I should need. Looking under my dashboard, I don't see an unused connector or red, white, blue and black wires the the DL100 have and are supposed to connect to the truck wiring. As it stands now, when I plug the 7-way trailer plug to the 7-way receptacle on my DX3, the brake lights, turn signals and 4-way flashers all work properly. Who would have installed the 7-way receptacle on the DX3, Freightliner or Dynamax?
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:47 AM   #33
Commercial Member

1. It was not.
2. We coiled the brake control wire on the topside of the driver tank (from the 7 way)
3. We would have installed the 7 way and then run a wire to the spot listed above. What someone else did with it after? No way to know.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:13 PM   #34

I welcome your comments and insights Mr Clemens, and thank you for your active and very useful participation on this board.

We are in the market for our next RV in 2020, and the choice has been narrowed to DX3 37TS if there are some features that can be ordered in for the build:
1. can Dynamax install heated flooring (like an Entegra)?
2. we would like an all-electric coach, but enjoy a propane BBQ for outdoor cooking - can Dynamax set up a 20-lb propane bottle and supply line on the curb side?
3. we notice the water bay always looks cluttered on the DX3 and Force models - any plans to clean the setup in there?
4. swivel pilot and co-pilot seats are great to have - what is the debate about one armrest or two or none?
5. we would prefer all wood trim instead of fabric for windows? Possible?
6. is it possible to put a sliding door at the (37TS) bathroom instead of the swing door?

Our summer plan is to high-tail it to northern climes, probably eastern WA and just across the border into Canada (Osooyos BC area), and then enjoy traveling from our home base in Phoenix in the winter months. We will begin to work an order with either our local dealer in Phoenix, or Westminster CA, or even Las Vegas NV.

Thanks for the insights.
LennyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:29 PM   #35
Commercial Member

1. We do not at this time. We did in models past, but has too many issues with breakers tripping, etc.

2. Due to testing that we need to comply with we would not add on an LP tank. That is something you or the dealer can add at a local level.

3. There are plans in the works for a new panel. But regardless of looks, it seems to function well.

4. Currently the DX3 has one arm rest and swivels. That has not changed. The only thing it might go to is two arm rests and swivels, but not sure when. I would like better seat options and better availability. Unfortunately we don't have a consistent supply on alternatives, but we are working towards that.

5. We do not offer that at this time.

6. It is not as the wall structure would need to be redesigned to do that which would take away from the overall width of that hallway. We have been looking to incorporate more barn doors, but the TS was not on the list currently. That can change however.

2020 Calendar year or 2020 Model year?

Old 12-19-2018, 07:03 PM   #36

The question:

6. is it possible to put a sliding door at the (37TS) bathroom instead of the swing door?

The current answer from MR. C:

. It is not as the wall structure would need to be redesigned to do that which would take away from the overall width of that hallway. We have been looking to incorporate more barn doors, but the TS was not on the list currently. That can change however.

Comment:

How about going the other way toward the shower pan. Looks like there may be enough room for a barn type door probably not a pocket.

Just a thought
Old 12-19-2018, 09:27 PM   #37

I have a dynaquest 3801ts on order . Needing the sofa and dinette changed to a ensemble dinette/sofa/ bed which will enable me to nap or stretch out and watch tv. I know that dynamax has a standard set-up they use and would be like pulling chicken teeth for them to make this change! Maybe you could just leave that part out where I could install the ensemble myself. Thank you for your consideration.
Abe padgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:37 AM   #38
Commercial Member

We certainly make any change that we can, but you have to understand we get state permits and authorizations on the floor plans we build. So to change some things is not as easy as you would think. Especially when seatbelt locations are concerned.

The other thing is we don't currently have any ensemble designed for us. We don't buy furniture off the shelf, it is actually designed to our spec/size/mounting requirements.

If you would like to leave that section out, you can certainly request that from your dealer, but you might be better off leaving that. Then if you decide to change that out, you have the original furniture.

We used to run an ensemble and the complaint was that the dinette was too small and the resulting bed was too small. Our current sofa has leg extensions and better yet, when you take the recliner option, two people can stretch out.