Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2018, 09:38 AM   #1
Commercial Member

Questions about ordering a DX3.

A member asked some questions about an upcoming order on a DX3. I just wanted to post the answers here, since I think others may have them.

Quote:
1) Do we have a solution for the chassis seats in the DX3? Air-ride, swivel and two armrests? I know the swivel is an option.

2) Will the M2 now come standard with OEM LED headlights? If not, can they be ordered as such at the dealer?

3) You were visiting with TST. Is their 507 system to be standard or an option?

4) You mentioned a GPS system in one of your posts. Will there be a standard or optional offering?

5) I would like a third coach battery. Is that something the dealer does or is it ordered from the factory?

6) Did you ever finalize the 4 quadrant camera viewing system on the dash of the M2? That's a good idea.
1. The Force has the dual arm rests and swivel. We have that solved, but I'm not sure I am 100% sold on the styling to be on the DX3 yet. So until we can dial in the stock seat, we will not start putting that on the DX3. Also, supply constraints have limited what we can offer as an aftermarket seat (as some of you have seen from National). So we have a single arm rest and swivel on the DX3 until further notice.

2. New DX3 orders from today's date would have the LED headlights.

3. We have not finalized that yet, but right now it appears optional on everything but the XL, which will be standard.

4. We are using the Kenwood that is Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, so it uses your phone for navigation. We are looking at optioning the Kenwood WITH hard Nav provided by Garmin, but I'm not sure when they are coming into the supplier in production quantities. It would be the exact same harness....so if we did not get it in time, it would be a plug and play replacement. We have only seen the display model so far.

5. You can request that as a custom option from your dealer.

6. we have not finalized a 4 quadrant camera. I have two suppliers coming in this week with display set ups so I can view camera quality. I have a very specific idea of how it should work and until I get that I won't make a change. I don't want to change a bunch of things, just to get it "close". I am planning on having this for 2020 Model Year....which will come with a price increase (see below)

JUST an FYI. 2020 pricing is not out yet. In the past, some dealers have taken orders on previous model year price sheets (so 2019 in this case) assuming we would honor that on a retail order. In the past, when there are not a ton of changes, we have done that. So someone orders a 2018, pays for a 2018, gets a 2019 (for example). With all of the tariffs, chassis changes, material increases, etc, we would not be able to do that. So if you order on 2019 pricing...WE will not honor that for 2020 pricing. So if you dealer takes that order...its on them. We will not accept that order. Someone already ordered a coach and put "2020 Model Year" in the notes and we denied the order and sent it back.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 12:28 PM   #2

Thanks, Brian. Appreciate the information. jc
JC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:21 PM   #3

.quote from bclemens

We are using the Kenwood that is Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, so it uses your phone for navigation. We are looking at optioning the Kenwood WITH hard Nav provided by Garmin, but I'm not sure when they are coming into the supplier in production quantities. It would be the exact same harness....so if we did not get it in time, it would be a plug and play replacement. We have only seen the display model so far.

Just a question. When using phone for the navigation. how do you get directions with height and length issues being considered?

Reason I ask is this happened to me with a semi 73 ft length and google maps sent me on a road that had a switchback turn in it just off screen. I had to back the tractor trailer out a 1/4 mile with vehicles parked both sides. Not good on unlit road at 2 am. Took a long time. Also, there are many low overpasses like the 11 footer in Elkhart, In just a mile from the plant. A DX3 won't fit through there but google wanted me to go that way.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:12 PM   #4
Commercial Member

It does not, but I think some apps do...not sure about Waze. That was added as a Carplay option recently.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:09 PM   #5

GPS

For the last two years I have been using Sygic Truck GPS app and really like it. It lets you put in your info, height, length ect... and will tell you RR crossing ahead , sharp curve, low bridge, speed warning and a bunch of other great stuff. The one thing that I found funny is that when you are about to cross a state line a black and white barrier symbol pops up and say's Border Crossing Ahead This app was made for over the road trucks and works great. But you still need to have at least a little common sense when operating any big RV, review your route so you have an idea of what your in for.
rickkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:27 AM   #6
jkoenig24

KRedburn raises an excellent point. Apple Maps and Google Maps do NOT allow you to enter vehicle specifics. Copilot HD does allow to to enter size and weight but NOT the amount of propane (you can enter "Hazardous Gases"). The Copilot RV App DOES allow propane BUT, maxes out at 26,000# GVWR and, if I remember correctly, does NOT allow for LONG RVs. There is still NO GPS App that does a complete job when it comes to RVs. Any owner of a LARGE, HEAVY RV would be very wise to also have a current PRINTED COPY of Rand McNally's Motor Carrier Road Atlas. There is TONS of useful information in said atlas. Buy it at a TRUE truck stop where they're heavily discounted in both the paper and laminated versions.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:12 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoenig24 View Post
KRedburn raises an excellent point. Apple Maps and Google Maps do NOT allow you to enter vehicle specifics. Copilot HD does allow to to enter size and weight but NOT the amount of propane (you can enter "Hazardous Gases"). The Copilot RV App DOES allow propane BUT, maxes out at 26,000# GVWR and, if I remember correctly, does NOT allow for LONG RVs. There is still NO GPS App that does a complete job when it comes to RVs. Any owner of a LARGE, HEAVY RV would be very wise to also have a current PRINTED COPY of Rand McNally's Motor Carrier Road Atlas. There is TONS of useful information in said atlas. Buy it at a TRUE truck stop where they're heavily discounted in both the paper and laminated versions.
Therein lies the problem. No system does everything we need....so we spend a lot of money to get one and then we are told how bad it sucks. So its a catch 22....most people are familiar with the portable system they have and anything else is foreign and bad.

We are currently looking at a new Kenwood, that would be an upgrade to the one we're using. Has all the same CarPlay/Auto/Waze tie ins, but also has RV based navigation from Garmin that takes all the sizes and weight. We think we might option this as it fits in the same hole, same harness. Its brand new, so I haven't had a chance to play with it. It is also about double the cost of the one we're using and all it adds is "hard wired" nav. (Which is becoming like 8 track these days)

Old 12-05-2018, 04:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
and all it adds is "hard wired" nav. (Which is becoming like 8 track these days)

Ouch! Now that one hurt!
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 04:42 PM   #9

Would the Kenwood unit under consideration be the DNX775RVS??
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 04:45 PM   #10
Commercial Member

Looks about right...I don't have the model number though.

Either that or a Panasonic CX-880

Old 12-06-2018, 09:32 AM   #11

I have a DX3 37BH on order and have a question about the awning. I inquired with my salesman about adding a second awning like the XL. I was told it would not be possible. Brian C I have been enjoying all the info you share on this forum about the builds. What challenges would I have trying to add that awning after?
Live and camp in the rainy NW, really could use the extra coverage. Started this process looking at Force then moved to DX3, could not justify the XL just for the awning need.
Thanks
BrianSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:00 AM   #12
Commercial Member

Currently we have not started adding backers for the DX3 as we have just been testing the XL making sure everything works before we offer it on a larger scale. So..besides no backer, it would have to be wired (Those awnings are 110V).

Old 12-06-2018, 10:56 AM   #13

Quote:
Currently we have not started adding backers for the DX3 as we have just been testing the XL making sure everything works before we offer it on a larger scale. So..besides no backer, it would have to be wired (Those awnings are 110V).
Brian,
Have you ever thought about offering the Carefree Latitude Dual pitch awning on the XL or DX3?
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:58 AM   #14
Commercial Member

yep, we photo-typed one for our fall show. Needs a little work yet as it still hung up on the slide out. We either need to lower our slide rooms or find a way to get more adjustment on the awning.

Old 12-06-2018, 11:03 AM   #15

Quote:
yep, we photo-typed one for our fall show. Needs a little work yet as it still hung up on the slide out. We either need to lower our slide rooms or find a way to get more adjustment on the awning.
could it be ordered on the XL 37BH as the main awning?
Old 12-06-2018, 11:09 AM   #16
Commercial Member

Potentially. I don't know that we have final pricing yet...but logistically I think it can be done.

Old 12-06-2018, 11:12 AM   #17

Quote:
Potentially. I don't know that we have final pricing yet...but logistically I think it can be done.
what month will the 2020 come off the line?

I will send you a PM
Old 12-06-2018, 01:28 PM   #18
jkoenig24

If I were to buy / order today, I would want a FREIGHTLINER INSTALLED brake controller. Adding "extra" items to a truck's computer bus can have unexpected, unwanted and potentially dangerous consequences. My 2015 DX3-37RB has a listed tow capacity of 20,000# (with a listed tongue weight rating of 1,500#). I spoke with the Freightliner shop in Austin, TX yesterday. I have a DirectLink HDT Brake Controller on its' way to me (I'll be picking up a Featherlite trailer in two weeks). I wanted Freightliner to install said controller for me but, the Service Manager told he that he would NOT install anything to the computer bus that was not OEM Freightliner as there were too many potential problems that could arise. He did say he could forward my request to Freightliner where engineers would work out EXACTLY how to install the device while maintaining the integrity of ALL the other components in the system. Barney (the Service Manager) told me that if, a brake controller had been "speced" with a brake controller as an OEM option, it probably would have added $200~$300 to the cost of the cab/chassis. To have the engineers do it as an aftermarket job, he estimated it would run between $2000~$4000! I have been in contact with Tuson Brake who makes the Direct Link controller. They agreed that care needed to be exercised when dealing with a vehicle's computer bus but, they claim their DirectLink Brake Controller, when used with their HDT connection kit should not adversely affect the Freightliner (fingers crossed here). I had also hoped to simultaneously use the Silverleaf Electronics Engine Diagnostics package but apparently, without approval from Freightliner engineers, that's not going to be possible without risk to the truck's computer bus.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:21 PM   #19

Quote:
Would it be possible to ask you to add backing (with a disclaimer of course) to my DX3 build, for future install?
Or is it possible to add one to the slide out on the 37BH?
BrianSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:35 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet19711 View Post
what month will the 2020 come off the line?

I will send you a PM
Not going to wait on the BH Cascadia, Joe