Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2016, 07:30 PM   #1

Questions on 2016 REV 24RB

I am a first-time RV owner and clueless to some things that may be obvious to the rest of you. So here are my questions:
1. Anyone have a checklist of how and what to winterize related specifically to the REV 24RB?
2. What does the "winterize/sanitize" on the water input dial do? How would you use that setting?
3. What is the function of the "on/off" switch by the propane inlet valve?
4. Has anyone else had the problem of the 2-pane side window vibrating and ultimately shattering. Our dealer replaced the shattered window under warranty with a 3-pane window. I was amazed at how quiet the 3-pane window is. The 2-pane window on the opposite side still vibrates in the wind and is noisy. It is obvious that the 3-pane window should be the standard window. Will Dynamax replace the other one without it shattering?
5. The left rear plastic cover of the awning has fallen off and lost. Can you direct me to a website supplier for a replacement.
rparmenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 01:23 PM   #2
Commercial Member

1. owners manual will have general winterizing tips.
2. Winterize/sanitize does just what it implies. That setting bypasses the water heater, but uses the coach water pump to disburse the antifreeze. Turn it to that setting, hook a hose to it, put the other end in an antifreeze jug. Turn on the water at each location until you see the pink fluid. That makes sure antifreeze is in all the lines. Pour some antifreeze in each of the p-traps. Some people will blow the lines out, just make sure you drain everything.
3. You have a remote fill propane tank. Since you can't access the propane valve, that on/off switch does exactly what it says. It turns the propane ON or Off. That way if you board a ferry or go through a tunnel and it requires you to turn off your propane you can do just that.
4. Contact service/warranty on the website.
5. That comes from Carefree. Should be an owners manual for the awning in your material with a model number. Normally its just an end cap. mention that to service/warranty as well.

http://dynamaxcorp.com/ContactUs.aspx

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:37 PM   #3
Love my Rev

bclemons ?

Im sorry but did you say " That setting bypasses the water heater," I winterized my rev 24rb last fall and it ran the pink stuff through all hot and cold lines ? ( was it not supposed to ? ) thanks steve
steve32409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve32409 View Post
Im sorry but did you say " That setting bypasses the water heater," I winterized my rev 24rb last fall and it ran the pink stuff through all hot and cold lines ? ( was it not supposed to ? ) thanks steve

No need to run "pink stuff" through the HW tank. It can take some flushing to get it and the taste out. It will not hurt you. Next year ~~ remove the anode and clean it out with a rag. Leave the anode out until spring. Make sure the tank is full of water prior to turning electric to the tank or will burn out the anode. Good idea to check them every year anyway.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:17 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Actually, the 24RB does not have a tank water heater, so no anode rod. The 2016 was an Atwood on demand.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote