Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2019, 06:05 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Questions on DX3 (Moved from PM)

It's tougher to communicate back and forth via PM, especially with limited pictures....so this was moved.

Hey there...

Thanks for posting on my thread. Wife and I are very close to our fourth RV purchase...and, hopefully, our last!

Anyway, had a few questions for you in no particular order:

1.* The website/brochure have Pumice as a color option but the order sheet says Ivory.* We like the Ivory and want to confirm it is much more of a white color than the Pumice...The Pumice looks pretty yellow on the Website and the Brochure.* Could be a photo issue.
Pumice was actually gray, Marble was the lighter color. That has been darkened slightly. Ivory is a lighter "ivory-ish" with a tinge of gray tone, but pretty light. Then we have a medium gray and a dark brown for main fabrics. All of the lines are the same material now and have a 10 yr hydrolysis warranty. (no flaking). I would suggest seeing one in person to be sure on color.

2.* If we order from the factory, can we get a dishwasher installed even though that is not an option on the sheet?* Just curious.
Not at this time, we do not have it plumbed for that.

3.* When I pick up I will be checking for alignment.* Does Dynamax be doing an alignment check before I pick up like Leisure Travel Vans (a coach I recently sold) is now doing?* And realigning if necessary?
Our local Freightliner dealer aligns after upfit. Once it leaves, a whole multitude of things can happen. So as long as there is no damage, etc, we will typically cover adjustments within 90 days of dealer receipt. From that point forward, its up to the dealer and who knows what they're hitting.

4.* Is Dynamax going to be recessing the cooktop anytime soon? You can start on ours when we order! Makes a huge difference in counterspace without having to place something on top of the cooktop itself.
Define cooktop? You mean the glass one? We already recess the LP version. I like the look, but I am a little torn. Right now, with that little ledge, it keeps the pan up off the counter. Without the 1/8" glass ledge, the pan can shift, be on the burner and a larger saute pan potentially be on the counter at the same time. Corian is pretty durable, but that depends on heat. I'll ask engineering about it. I be overly cautious, but I actually do test these things and their affects.

5. Keep it up with the CB Radios! On that note: Is there a conduit for that coax cable so I can maybe add another antenna to the passenger side rear view mirror? And also easy access to 12volt power there? there is not. We don't install that. That is a Freightliner CB. WE just option it from them.

6. Is the DX3 a four season coach? It does have a thermostat for the Aqua Hot and I like that. Just wondering how low we can go without winterizing. Reason: 80 degrees here in Denver yesterday and 20 degrees that night!
4 season? yes/no. Even some residential homes aren't four season. If its cold enough, things freeze. Denver 80, then 20, no issues. But unless you are skirting to the bottom of the chassis...you need to take precautions. The Aqua-Hot now has a dedicated T-stat and heat exchanger for the utility bay. You should be fine...but juts like home, keep cabinet doors open in extreme low temps to let air get to plumbing cavities.

7. What is the gauge of the wire you all use for the Solar setup? Most solar guys like 8 and even 6. Be nice to know. We use whatever gauge Go Power tells us to use for a 30 amp system. there are codes for that regarding length of run and amperage. I'll have to ask when back in the office.

8. Would like to know when that article is coming out on the comparisons between the Dynamax, Newmar and the other Super C. Let me know! Not sure if the other C's are coming out before or in the same one. Ours is December.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 06:42 PM   #2

Is the T-stat for the AH and grey/black tanks bays on a separate AH circuit or only works when the thermostats for the house is energized? Thanks
Old 10-13-2019, 06:50 PM   #3

Hey BC...

Thanks for the answers!

If I had read the very bottom of your signature line I would have followed the posting guidelines so stated.

Sorry about that...my bad.

Three more questions:

1. Is there any way you are able to send me a small piece of scrape Ivory leatherette (or whatever you call it)? No one has any anywhere near me. We are quite confident we like the Ivory based on photos of DX3 interiors we have seen but to have a small piece in hand would sure be helpful/nice.

2. Do you know the size/measurement of the standard couch? Just need to know for planning purposes.

3. Is the solar easily expandable?

Our plan is to order our 2020 DX3 37TS this coming Monday, the 14th, so I am pretty sure we have plenty of time to change the interior colors if the sample we receive doesn't look right but again, pretty sure the Ivory is the way we will go.

That is all...for now...but I won't be surprised if I have a few more.

Thanks again for responding.
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:48 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselBurn View Post
Is the T-stat for the AH and grey/black tanks bays on a separate AH circuit or only works when the thermostats for the house is energized? Thanks
"The Aqua-Hot should now have a dedicated T-stat and heat exchanger for the utility bay"

Old 10-14-2019, 08:26 AM   #5
Commercial Member

The M2 Trucks due to run lengths, etc are all 8ga wire.

The 5's are 10ga in the roof, 8ga in the chassis side, but we are in the process of consolidating electrical so those will all go 8ga in the coming months.

Old 10-16-2019, 12:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
"The Aqua-Hot should now have a dedicated T-stat and heat exchanger for the utility bay"

Brian,

How difficult would it be to retrofit the dedicated heating into a 2018 37TS?

I use mine in the winter at times and this would be a super mod. (last year in -2 F over a week!)

Listing the required steps would be appreciated also.

Thanks,
Old 10-16-2019, 01:16 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRedburn View Post
Brian,

How difficult would it be to retrofit the dedicated heating into a 2018 37TS?

I use mine in the winter at times and this would be a super mod. (last year in -2 F over a week!)

Listing the required steps would be appreciated also.

Thanks,
Someone has actually already done that and I think listed the steps.

Other than following the installation instructions..., they just added a garage style T-stat (low temp) into the bay and wired that to the AH. Didn't even change any plumbing that I am aware of.

Don't recall who it was however...but FOURWH comes to mind.

Old 10-16-2019, 02:05 PM   #8

The Aqua-Hot should now have a dedicated T-stat and heat exchanger for the utility bay"

Maybe i am confused (which is most likely the case) but the AH has two separate zones/pumps. The bay heating has its own dedicated heating cozy(?) which “zone/pump is the bay cozy connected to? Does the thermostat in the bay activates one of the zones even if the house thermostat is set to heating “off”? Thanks!
Old 10-16-2019, 02:23 PM   #9
Commercial Member

that's where the confusion comes in. The way AH uses the term zone and pumps. There are two pumps that they call zones. That's all it is...two zones of piping.

But there can be...I think... up to (4) actual heating zones. The heat exchanger is tied to a specific T-stat and there are (2) potential T-stats per pump/zone?

The installation manual has some installation examples...pg 21, and layout of the board pg 26. In theory, the T-stat not only controls the exchanger, but also the pump activation. So maybe the pump needs to run, but the living room heat exchanger does not, even though its on a pump that is running.

So, i guess to answer your question, each T-stat is an activation point, there is no "master" off switch. each one will activate as needed.

Tags
dx3