Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2018, 04:38 PM   #121

I just finished installing kerdi in the shower I'm putting in the sticks and bricks house. Good stuff!

Sorry to see all this. Looks like you're gonna fix it right though. Sucks but will be priceless knowing its done right when its all back together.

Oh and the Hilti guys looooove to demo those nailers. Never seen a kid so excited lol.
Old 05-13-2018, 10:11 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWF1945 View Post
I knew you couldn't resist digging into that floor.. I know the feeling. My floor was so rotten I just peeled osb off and cut nail flush with a die grinder.
Water damage is the worst and you never know where it's gonna come from next..
Yeah. Like a crackhead. I just couldn’t resist digging in to find the root. I just kept looking at it. Contemplating the worst.

Then I started to peel back that carpet. Now. Keep in mind. My dehumidifier has been running for a week and had barely any water in it. I saw that first patch of mold under where the water tank was sitting on top of the carpet. I was taken aback.

I stepped back infuriated and disgusted about the whole consent of improper flashing of the slide as well as placing water components directly on top of carpet and foam/sponge.

I had to walk away for about 5 minutes to run the process and the scope of the job that was ahead of me.

Literally the next day after tearing all of the carpet out of the entire bedroom, the day prior, the table top dehumidifier had to be emptied as it was full from just 24 hours of that soggy OSB being exposed. Rot! Rot! Rot!

I formulated a plan, and started to tear s#|t out! Knowing that it would be better in the end.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	916CE2B4-D94F-4EA0-AFBE-D1D9C3330769.gif
Views:	676
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	171760   Click image for larger version

Name:	41852AAC-165C-4867-9750-268A0F305D71.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	171761  
Attached Images

murraym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:17 PM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraym View Post
Yeah. Like a crackhead. I just couldn’t resist digging in to find the root. I just kept looking at it. Contemplating the worst.

Then I started to peel back that carpet. Now. Keep in mind. My dehumidifier has been running for a week and had barely any water in it. I saw that first patch of mold under where the water tank was sitting on top of the carpet. I was taken aback.

I stepped back infuriated and disgusted about the whole consent of improper flashing of the slide as well as placing water components directly on top of carpet and foam/sponge.

I had to walk away for about 5 minutes to run the process and the scope of the job that was ahead of me.

Literally the next day after tearing all of the carpet out of the entire bedroom, the day prior, the table top dehumidifier had to be emptied as it was full from just 24 hours of that soggy OSB being exposed. Rot! Rot! Rot!

I formulated a plan, and started to tear s#|t out! Knowing that it would be better in the end.
Lol on the GIFs.. hilarious. Keep up the good work. Will continue to follow your progress. Hang in brother [emoji41]
Old 05-13-2018, 10:32 PM   #124

I set up a GoPro and put it on time lapse. So the footage should be pretty cool.
murraym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:40 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraym View Post
I set up a GoPro and put it on time lapse. So the footage should be pretty cool.
I'm a commercial drone pilot.. time lapsed is very cool.. I'm waiting..
Old 05-14-2018, 08:40 AM   #126

This thread has been informative and entertaining at the same time... Hang in there..
Old 05-14-2018, 12:01 PM   #127

35 years ago I wish I had that kind of patience.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:36 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
35 years ago I wish I had that kind of patience.
Zoloft!!!!! It works. Most of the time.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:27 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
Zoloft!!!!! It works. Most of the time.
Elmer T Lee bourbon 90 proof or if I am feeling mean, E.F. Taylor Jr. Small Batch 100 proof to get me a little there faster.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:05 PM   #130

Ah, colonel ef taylor. A good friends in deed
Old 08-07-2018, 04:13 PM   #131

Its been a moment since my last post, but the water intrusion damage repairs were completed, and then I had to dive right into installing some new components onto my RZR for my trip. Right after that, I left for Colorado and Utah for a much needed vacation after two years of not getting one.
Instead of posting a metric S#!t ton of photos and descriptions, I ended up setting up my GoPro and put it on a 10 second time lapse which captured over 90,000 ( Ninety Thousand) photos of the entire repair. Unfortunately I didn't think to do this when I first tore into it which would have made a complete repair video. But at the time I was too pissed off and trying move as fast as possible in the limited time that I had. The other issue is that the last stretch of time lapse photos from the point I finished the plumbing and was about to start electrical as well as carpentry finishing were lost in transfer somehow.
So I supplemented the ending with still photos that I still took using my cell phone. If anyone has any questions on how to do any of the work, or what I did specifically to relocate electrical and plumbing to be more accessible and serviceable without having to completely disassemble the bed, send me a PM and I can call you or answer on this forum.

I chose not to add any music since Youtube will screw with your video due to copyright issues. So I just left it without sound. You can break out your cellphone and play your own soundtrack.

Old 08-07-2018, 07:27 PM   #132

That is one beautiful job, and a good video. You should be very proud
of yourself. Job well done.
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:33 PM   #133

X2. Great job. BC should consider hiring you as a technical consultant?
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 07:41 PM   #134

Nice job sorry you had to go through that. I had a similar floor repair in the rear bath. Not fun at all..
Old 05-29-2019, 09:38 PM   #135
jkoenig24

"I'am beginning to think there were some boneheaded workers in 2014/2015.."

Agreed; Moe, Larry and Curly built my coach. I picked up my new 2015 DX3-37RB on May 8th, 2014. It's been back to the factory at least a half dozen times since and, I'd bet money that a thorough and proper final quality check was NEVER performed. On one of those times, I had a supervisor tell me that my use of pink RV antifreeze to winterize the coach was the cause of the water leak in the residential refrigerator. I got to speak with Gary Bunzer this past March at the FMCA Conference in Perry, GA. I asked Gary if he'd ever heard of such a thing (he hadn't).
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:44 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoenig24 View Post

Agreed; Moe, Larry and Curly built my coach. I picked up my new 2015 DX3-37RB on May 8th, 2014. It's been back to the factory at least a half dozen times since and, I'd bet money that a thorough and proper final quality check was NEVER performed. On one of those times, I had a supervisor tell me that my use of pink RV antifreeze to winterize the coach was the cause of the water leak in the residential refrigerator. I got to speak with Gary Bunzer this past March at the FMCA Conference in Perry, GA. I asked Gary if he'd ever heard of such a thing (he hadn't).
If you don't mind sharing your problems with your 2015.. since I have the exact same unit, I may learn something. Thanks
Old 05-30-2019, 08:56 AM   #137
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoenig24 View Post

I do know a dealer that says not to use specific antifreeze because something eats rubber seals. I think he said the alcohol in the antifreeze eats the seals....but not 100% sure. I think it was Performance RV, maybe we can ask jason at the rally.

So while Gary might not have heard that....there is some rumor or theory out there.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:27 AM   #138

I'm of the opinion all fridge ice makers belong in the trash. They're just a problem waiting to happen. This after I just had to rip up and replace 50 sq ft of wood flooring at home because of an ice maker leak. Those flimsy plastic tubes are just a problem waiting to happen. The valve on my DX3 was never turned on and I dont think it ever will be.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:35 AM   #139
Commercial Member

Amen...plus, can your fridge ice maker make this???

https://www.amazon.com/Cystal-Clear-...a-738748044131

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:46 AM   #140

Those ice balls are sweet, they would match my grille perfectly.

Whomever wants to drop these off at my site next month will be thanked.

In all seriousness, we have never and will never turn the water on to our ice maker for the reasons above ^^^^^^^. I buy a bag of ice and put it in the ice tray, much easier and safer.

Tags
bed, bedroom slide, leak, roo, slide