Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2018, 01:32 PM   #1

Reefer coil cleaning

I have a 2015 Force 37BH bought new in April 2015. I am leaving on an extended trip late next month and would like to clean the refrigerator coils since they have not been touched since the coach was built. There is no access to the coils from under or outside the coach or from either side. I can see the usual
nylon rollers under the rear of the refrigerator. There are two leveling screws right in front of the unit. I can see noticeable dust on the heater ducts under the refrigerator so it is reasonable to believe that the coils could use a cleaning.
Has anyone attempted to roll the refrigerator out to clean the coils? The unit is working fine but some preventive mx is usually a good idea.
Jetjockey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:02 PM   #2

I assume it is a residential fridge? Maybe one of those long skinny attachments for vacuum would reach. Not sure how much could be sucked away by a vacuum, though.
Another brilliant idea, get a leaf blower and blow the stuff off the coils and then vacuum the whole rig to pick up what blew out. Or, do you vacuum your house fridge?
Be interested to see what other ideas pop up.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:18 PM   #3

Reefer coils

The problem is access to the coils! Cannot see them, feel them or access them at all. The reefer either has to be pulled out or find some other way to access the coils.
Jetjockey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:31 PM   #4

Understood; kind of suggesting if blown out with enough but not too much force it would probably do an OK job of dislodging fur balls and such.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetjockey6 View Post
I have a 2015 Force 37BH bought new in April 2015. I am leaving on an extended trip late next month and would like to clean the refrigerator coils since they have not been touched since the coach was built. There is no access to the coils from under or outside the coach or from either side. I can see the usual

nylon rollers under the rear of the refrigerator. There are two leveling screws right in front of the unit. I can see noticeable dust on the heater ducts under the refrigerator so it is reasonable to believe that the coils could use a cleaning.

Has anyone attempted to roll the refrigerator out to clean the coils? The unit is working fine but some preventive mx is usually a good idea.

I have read a few posts about people rolling out their refrigerators in other brands for service or replacement. I am guessing you can too.

Take a close look. There may be rollers or skids in the front that can be used once the leveling screws are retracted.

A few placed a thin sheet of plywood in front of fridge to protect the floor while moving.

Cleaning the coils is good for the fridge.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cleaning