Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2019, 03:40 PM   #1

Refrigerator in 30 FW

I would like to suggest that Dynamax offer or make an option to have a bottom freezer refrigerator in the Isata 5 30FW. My wife is vertically challenged and it would be so much easier for her if the freezer were on the bottom, especially with the refrigerator sitting on top of the furnace. Just a thought.
Bohi546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 04:02 PM   #2

The bottom freezer models cost more. Not many to choose from. None in gas electric I know of.

Custom design or order and have whatever you want.

Three door models have a bottom freezer. Cost more again.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 04:11 PM   #3

Bottom freezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkatb View Post
The bottom freezer models cost more. Not many to choose from. None in gas electric I know of.

Custom design or order and have whatever you want.

Three door models have a bottom freezer. Cost more again.
I should have been more specific, we have the residential refrigerator and after checking there are several that would fit. For the advantage of the bottom freezer I would have gladly paid the difference. Like I stated just a suggestion.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:15 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohi546 View Post
I should have been more specific, we have the residential refrigerator and after checking there are several that would fit. For the advantage of the bottom freezer I would have gladly paid the difference. Like I stated just a suggestion.
I suggest you consider making your suggestion to Dynamax. They might respond positively.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:20 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Thanks. We'll see what out options are. Its not always quite so simple. Buying one of anything is fine...finding a local supplier to stock and sell is something different.

Wouldn't that then prevent her from reaching the top shelf of the fridge?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:14 PM   #6

Bottom freezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Thanks. We'll see what out options are. Its not always quite so simple. Buying one of anything is fine...finding a local supplier to stock and sell is something different.

Wouldn't that then prevent her from reaching the top shelf of the fridge?
Thanks for the response Brian, I have looked at several most being smaller than the one in the 30FW, the closest in size is the Summit 16.8 and whether that is available in the Elkhart area is an unknown. As far as reaching the top shelves, they are adjustable and with the larger door on top easier to reach into. Thanks for looking. Have a great weekend.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:31 PM   #7

Brian the fridge is one of the reasons we are trading! We looked very hard at the TS before we bought. The fridge appears to be mountedabout4 inches lower which helped DW immensely. The upper shelf on a bottom freezer I believe would be a little more acessible. In the current configuration the ice container awkward even for me. Perhaps a bottom freezer across the line would be possible. Just thinking...😎
Working hard on “elderhood”
RKBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator