Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2018, 03:53 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
Because you are the owner of this motor home. Because you get to decide when your happy with the product. Because if you just sit back and expect it to magically meet your expectations without some involvement you’re going to continue to be disappointed.

Do you have to go it alone? Hell no.

You’ve got resources surrounding you. Some will argue the best in the industry. But instead of working with them (the dealership, the factory, this forum) you seem to actively try to alienate them at every turn because you feel you’re owed something for your frustrations.

Back on topic, I’ve had my fair share of tile problems. Been back to the factory twice for repairs and still have tiles cracking. At every turn I’ve had nothing but support from dynamax in getting them sorted out. But I haven’t thrown a single tantrum either. I’ve driven 300 round trip each time because it’s my coach. This is part of RV ownership no matter how much you spend. Having a company that will be your ally is one of the best things there are but you’ve got to get out of your own way of you want to take advantage of that
Yeah you’re probably right my expectations of QAQC to be properly executed is a bit much...but not lowering my standards at this time...not at this price range...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:59 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
lol...
this will be my last post as I see there is nothing I can do to help here. I will no longer attempt to clarify and set any record straight. You can claim whatever you like, I just hope that future customers are smart enough to separate fact from allegations.

1.The tile, I see that the dealer has submitted and we approved a request to clean the floor tile back on 7/19. A cracked tile, is a big deal, I have never said otherwise. To expect to never have a cracked tile in a mobile unit that flexes, is in my opinion, unrealistic.

2. A frame issue is absolutely a big deal...if in fact that is what you have, but I have seen no evidence that would lead me to believe that's what is is. Why would a service manager say something looks out of whack? I don't know...why would he say a floor needed replaced to change one tile. Earlier, you called them amateur part replacers or something like that who knew nothing, now they are experts?

I'm not putting anything back on the buyer...just asking the buyer to wait for confirmation before making wild claims and accusations.

Pictures just for reference for anyone interested.

The first image is the cracked tile and it is actually a pocket door. There is a hole that is drilled in the tile that allows the door "locking mechanism" to engage into the floor. If we drilled the hole, locked the door back for travel, there is a very good possibility that there is play back and forth as the vehicle travels down the road and could have cracked in transit. It would typically not leave here like that...but I'll be the first to admit anything is possible. Certainly fixable and I would likely cut the tile to the door and then grout that edge...I would not continue it under the door frame. PS. that is blue painters tape. So that crack is no longer than the width go that tape. 1"-2" at most.

the 2nd image is of the "floor register" close up. These are not technically floor registers. I would agree, makes no sense to install floor registers in the floor before grouting...but they're actually baseboard vents.

The 3rd image is backed away...so it looks like the guy that grouted the floor was trying to get tight to the baseboard and got some grout on there. as you can see from the image though, it is on the bottom and not easy to see. Not making excuses...Just giving a real world view for others to make their own judgment. This was approved under warranty.
Actually the “part changers” I spoke of was Freightliner, while it seems you are now wildly assuming...

But for clarification and confirmation I don’t trust Dealers either until they prove they’re worthy...

Thanks for approving these repairs and insuring they will be repaired properly...

Stay tuned folks there is a couple of more items to be addressed....
Old 08-11-2018, 09:30 PM   #23

I've followed all your issues... and I can't help but think some of the problems may be related to the model you purchased.... Not blaming you or Dynamax... just something I think is worth considering when purchasing a high end coach.

The reality is... Dynamax builds very few XLs each year. So a basic assumption would be that the experience level of doing the XL finishes and even dealing with the chassis.. are not as good as the other models. By simple math... the iterations/revision equation reveals that. Add the dealer into it and they may sell one XL a year at best. In fact, your dealer seems to rarely sell a Dynamax at all these days, but they have plenty of high end super Cs... The more units you have on the road in a given configuration, the better chance that design and assembly problems have been addressed. Even if the problem is FL... more on the road in a given brand/configuration means a better chance that you don't have to be the one to figure things out. The beauty of the scale of the m2/cummins/allison in a superC is just that. But you also have to add in the axles wheelbase, suspension....

I'm not trying to slam Dynamax.. but I think they have a sweet spot in the market that you are possibly on the fringe of. There might be another brand more aligned with your requirements and expectations. It might also cost a bit more and might have a longer wheelbase or even a tag axle... It still won't be perfect though.

Hopefully you get all the issues worked out, but there is always the option of cutting your losses and giving something else a try. The dealer told me the avg turn over time for an RV is 3 years. Not sure I trust anything they say.. but I found it to be an interesting statistic.
wfo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 04:47 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo9 View Post
I've followed all your issues... and I can't help but think some of the problems may be related to the model you purchased.... Not blaming you or Dynamax... just something I think is worth considering when purchasing a high end coach.

The reality is... Dynamax builds very few XLs each year. So a basic assumption would be that the experience level of doing the XL finishes and even dealing with the chassis.. are not as good as the other models. By simple math... the iterations/revision equation reveals that. Add the dealer into it and they may sell one XL a year at best. In fact, your dealer seems to rarely sell a Dynamax at all these days, but they have plenty of high end super Cs... The more units you have on the road in a given configuration, the better chance that design and assembly problems have been addressed. Even if the problem is FL... more on the road in a given brand/configuration means a better chance that you don't have to be the one to figure things out. The beauty of the scale of the m2/cummins/allison in a superC is just that. But you also have to add in the axles wheelbase, suspension....

I'm not trying to slam Dynamax.. but I think they have a sweet spot in the market that you are possibly on the fringe of. There might be another brand more aligned with your requirements and expectations. It might also cost a bit more and might have a longer wheelbase or even a tag axle... It still won't be perfect though.

Hopefully you get all the issues worked out, but there is always the option of cutting your losses and giving something else a try. The dealer told me the avg turn over time for an RV is 3 years. Not sure I trust anything they say.. but I found it to be an interesting statistic.
Good point, well taken...after reading all the hype thought I was getting the best of the best...turned out a bit different and very enlightening...once everything is addressed/repaired/repainted/replaced I'll make a decision from there...
Old 08-12-2018, 09:34 AM   #25

LTZ. Whoever told you the entire floor had to be replaced because of one broke tile needs to be questioned. I have put down a lot of tile and to be honest have only had one piece give me problems. Yep and its in my home. First the grout will give and then the tile will break. Luckily its in the laundry room against the wall so not a big eyesore.

The one piece can be cut out and replaced I guarantee it.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:09 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
LTZ. Whoever told you the entire floor had to be replaced because of one broke tile needs to be questioned. I have put down a lot of tile and to be honest have only had one piece give me problems. Yep and its in my home. First the grout will give and then the tile will break. Luckily its in the laundry room against the wall so not a big eyesore.

The one piece can be cut out and replaced I guarantee it.
Yes sir that is the route they will go I am sure, but I was informed may have to take out all the tile and replace completely and this was not welcome at all...

Dynamax made several DX3 units with aluminum framing apparently that the floors had to be taken out then aluminum replaced with steel and then 1/4" Steel Plate on top of that, then re-tiled...

I did not agree with taking out tile complete and told them as much...I would even leave the cracked tile and take compensation for it in place of re-tiling the whole floor...exactly what I told them...they said they were having a highly experienced tile layer assess the replacement...

Will see what they have to say once he looks at it...
Old 08-12-2018, 10:19 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Yes sir that is the route they will go I am sure, but I was informed may have to take out all the tile and replace completely and this was not welcome at all...

Dynamax made several DX3 units with aluminum framing apparently that the floors had to be taken out then aluminum replaced with steel and then 1/4" Steel Plate on top of that, then re-tiled...

I did not agree with taking out tile complete and told them as much...I would even leave the cracked tile and take compensation for it in place of re-tiling the whole floor...exactly what I told them...they said they were having a highly experienced tile layer assess the replacement...

Will see what they have to say once he looks at it...
Could you not suggest fixing the one tile and see how it goes before letting them pull it all out. Thats a messy messy job.. You basically put a spade chisel bit on a Hammer Drill and go at it.. Ive done about a minimum of 2000 feet in my home remodel.. Its a tough job.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:08 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Here we go again....
1. Tile cracked, "should be" addressed. You claim that it was cracked from the factory, but you have absolutely zero proof of that. I'll say this, if it was cracked from the factory I absolutely agree that it should have been addressed.....but you don't know this and yet keep claiming it was, without anything to back that up other than "the dealer suggests". It is just as likely that we installed the tile, drilled the hole, but after repeated use as a door stop or bouncing down the road, the door stop flexed, moved, or whatever and the tile cracked. I have a stick built home and it had a tile cracked...I think the issue people have is that you have a tile cracked and make it seem like it should never have happened and its just a lack of QC that caused it. I will also agree, the dealer should have take care of the cracked tile....but where is it? As a door stop, it was likely behind a door and not easily seen. I did not see the crack in my tile for 4 months...and it was right at the entry to the shower.

I will go on record so that everyone is on the same page who might be reading this. We tile the floors. These floors go down the road. There is a potential that you will end up with a cracked tile. They are replaceable, just like in a home. Take one out, put one in. If you are expecting your coach to arrive with zero cracks and to never ever have a crack...I will gladly substitute linoleum in place of tile. If you are expecting a perfect motorhome with nothing ever needing to be done, repaired or potentially touched up...do not buy a one. This is similar to a stick built home and there may be a punch list of items that you want addressed. Last time I checked Prevost, Tiffin, Newmar...all had warranty departments and I am guessing they are staffed by more than one, bored guy just waiting to take calls from overjoyed customers with nothing but high fives and kudos.

2. measuring a 3/4" variance between two adjustable parts and claiming "frame issues" is completely misleading.

I have zero issue with anyone posting their defects. I do take issue with people posting cause or intent when they don't understand the process.

A picture of a cracked tile and "Cracked tile on XL///hey I have a cracked tile, is this a big deal or not?" is fine. A picture of the gap "gap in XL front bumper to hood" is fine as well. solicit some ideas...see if anyone else has seen this. But "Frame Issues in Dynamax XL" is like a news site with overly dramatic headlines to get views. I understand the media posting sensationalized titles as click bait...but I didn't think I'd have to deal with it on a forum.
Glad I am not a Dynamax owner getting this sort of shucking and jiving from the dealer. If I worked for them I would probably fix it and move on. No excuses, this guy paid a bunch of money, he is entitled to be dismayed.

2013 Keystone Raptor TH
2013 Ford F350 Dually TV
Rokslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 02:39 PM   #29
RV There Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
Could you not suggest fixing the one tile and see how it goes before letting them pull it all out. Thats a messy messy job.. You basically put a spade chisel bit on a Hammer Drill and go at it.. Ive done about a minimum of 2000 feet in my home remodel.. Its a tough job.
The great thing about the Snapstone is that it is a floating floor, so it only has a flexible grout and the little tabs holding it in. cut the grout and the tabs and the tile lifts right out. cut the tabs off the new one, cut to size and drop back in place, grout and done!

We have laid some of this in our house, and its a fantastic product and a brilliant solution for an RV. it can move and flex slightly without breaking as easily, and if/when it does, its literally a "snap" to replace. as long as they use the flexible grout, it should not be a problem. if they use normal grout, it will break again.
IsleDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 02:48 PM   #30
Commercial Member

We only use the Snapstone Urethane grout...

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:09 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleDog View Post
The great thing about the Snapstone is that it is a floating floor, so it only has a flexible grout and the little tabs holding it in. cut the grout and the tabs and the tile lifts right out. cut the tabs off the new one, cut to size and drop back in place, grout and done!

We have laid some of this in our house, and its a fantastic product and a brilliant solution for an RV. it can move and flex slightly without breaking as easily, and if/when it does, its literally a "snap" to replace. as long as they use the flexible grout, it should not be a problem. if they use normal grout, it will break again.
Well then that changes the whole game. Now that you say that I remember looking at it in a DX3 and the sales person told me that. I am not familiar with the product but sounds great.
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:11 AM   #32

Snapstone ROCKS!

I have 5 broken tile in my 2018 DX3. The dealer I took it to LazyDays in Seffner, FL wanted $1760. Yes you read that right. Im somewhat handy so I proceeded to find the color of tile & grout. Danielle at Dynamax was quick and very helpful in getting me the info I needed. I found the grout at Lowe's but could not find the tile color anywhere online. So i decided to call Snapstone to ask about the color of tile and where I could find it. The person who answered was unsure of the color and passed me along to their rep for the RV industry named Chris. Told him my situation. His response was nothing short of one of the greatest customer service experiences ive ever had. He offered to send me what I needed for tile then upped it by also offering to send me a pail of grout. Price free! Absolutely free. Not even shipping. Then it got even better. He said if you are gonna be through Omaha he'd do it for me. For free. I was blown away. Since I would not be in Omaha anytime soon he offered up his cell number. Said when I get the tile and am ready to install call him and he would walk me through it. Priceless
It's my lucky day. I would have paid but truly appreciate the level of service and desire to help.
Im not saying anybody else should expect the same. But I sure as heck feel lucky.
Kudos to Danielle at Dynamax and Chris and Co at Snapstone. Both organizations seem to have a very good culture.
H2OBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:27 AM   #33
Commercial Member

that can't possibly be...we're heartless profit mongers

Thanks for positive remarks in a less than positive situation. I have said before, we try to choose our suppliers based on the product and the product support. Those guys have always been good to us and seem to go above and beyond...I'll have to admit this was even above and beyond what I would expect, but certainly appreciate.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:56 PM   #34

Well I have to eat some crow here, as I didn't understand the Service Manager well...

The only reason he spoke of replacing the whole floor/tile was due to the amount of sealer remaining on the tiles and possibly being unable to clean it off with damage to existing tiles. My apologies for being confused...story of my life...

The single tile has been replaced and the sealant is coming off the remaining tiles and they will be polished clean...there will be no need to replace floor...

All good news...