Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2017, 06:19 PM   #1

Rev 24rb Steps don't deploy (BrianC)

Question for Brian-
Our Rev 24rb 2016 steps have always worked fine but today they don't respond at all to opening/closing door or using panel switch. No movement, remain in retracked position, not even electric motor noise. Door sensor on both sides seems fine. Awning deploys, lights work, the rest of the panel works fine. Even checked the ignition. Battery is charged, generator works but no steps.

The guide that came from Kwikee electric steps does not address this issue in troubleshooting section.

I am taking my 76 year old mom camping in 4 days, so stable steps are important- suggestions?
Kayakgir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:30 PM   #2

I don't have a unit like yours but are you saying the troubleshooting guide does not mention power fuse? Typically it is connected directly to the battery positive terminal side (either coach or chassis battery). Kwikee power fuse is most likely a 25 amp fuse. The step switch should not keep the steps from extending regardless it be on or off. It will keep the steps extended when the door is closed if it is on. This may or may not be your issue but is something to check.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:34 PM   #3

Thanks- I will give it a try
Old 05-20-2017, 06:42 PM   #4

If when you open the door the amber step light comes on most likely the power fuse is good. The light should stay on for about 5 minutes before going off. These inputs are for a typical Kwikee step install on a Forest river RV. As said I am not familiar with your specific unit.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:52 PM   #5

Check the door sensor wires for a short under the inside step. That happened to me before we even left the dealership. Good luck.
Scotty33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 12:31 PM   #6

We have a REV 24TB. Had a similar problem with the steps. Never found a power issue. Did give it a few good kicks to see if that loosened it up, but no response. Went to bed that night and the next day all was good. Have not had an issue since.

Dealer thought it may have gotten into a sleep cycle as the issue occurred when I took from storage and battery may not have been charged fully at that time and when I had it plugged into shore power to charge the battery and run the house. He said sometimes they need to reset themselves.
Dmsmith74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:13 AM   #7
Love my Rev

I recently had a step problem with our Rev - it was the discharged house battery !
steve32409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:48 PM   #8

Thanks for the replys- turned out our motor had to be replaced, less than 1 year old.