Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2017, 10:17 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom48 View Post
On ohms mine shows 1 at turn on to show it is working. Then 0 on a direct short, ie a good fuse and some amount of resistance on say a good light bulb or an electronic devise. On mine the 1 just verifies it is on. I guess it can't show the millions of ohms resistence of the air

I bet killing the battery dead. May not only have damaged a fuse or two when she plugged in, but may have KILLED the battery. Whether Killed or just damaged, but salvageable it will take 24 hours or more on a functioning charger /converter the bring the battery back to full or near full charge. Even just a fair bulk charge may take many hours from dead cold, and then the batteries may never be the same. The biggest rookie mistake I made years ago was to take a borrowed toy hauler from storage time and time again without plugging it in for a day or two to charge then expecting the tv to charge it during the 90 minute drive to my DRY CAMP. DUH. Wonder why it was always dead by morning with a half dozen incandescent bulbs on all evening and half the night.

We did not drain them dead. Just to low... somewhere in between draining the fresh water tank and then turning on the water pump blew the fuse...
hammfoto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, water, water pump