Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2018, 07:13 PM   #1

Rev 24TB questions, please help

Hello,
We've been looking for a short RV and have just run across the Rev 24TB. Unfortunately there are no units in our area to view.

If you have this RV can you please let us know the following:
What is the distance between the floor and the bed platform (excluding the mattress)? We would like to know this to determine if our dogs can jump up on the bed. We can easily replace the mattress with something lower so that is why we want to know the platform height.

Is the outside storage deep enough to hold a folding lawn chair? We have the recliner style lawn chairs. If there isn't a big enough compartment we can always do a work around with a hitch cargo box.

What is the cargo carrying capacity as listed on the sticker (most likely on one of the front doors)?

We have looked at the Ford Transit RVs with this floor plan and unfortunately there isn't enough foot room for either the passenger or driver but it appears the RAM chassis has great foot room.

We have also looked at the Mercedes Chassis with this floor plan but are put off by the very small cargo carrying capacities.

We love the fact that this RV does not have a slide. We think this could be the one for us but we will likely have to travel a good distance to even see one.

We are located in Denver Colorado so if anyone has one locally that they would be willing to show us please let us know. We are happy to meet at a sheriff department of your choice.

Thanks!
m111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:53 AM   #2
Commercial Member

I don't have that bed base height off hand...

However, CCC on the last one the came across the scales was 1278 lbs.

There are only 12 in stock from what I can see. Closest would be Sunny Island RV in Illinois or Bullyan's in Wisconsin.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 10:35 AM   #3

Thanks.

We read on iRV2 that another couple who was tall had a problem with foot room and the thigh depth of the seats so we are going to go to the local Dodge dealership and sit in the seats of the 159" van. Will these be the same seats that are used in the 24TB?
Old 02-12-2018, 10:45 AM   #4
Commercial Member

I assume so, as the cab does not change, only the wheel base.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:54 AM   #5

Thanks.

Maybe someone touring through Colorado with a 24TB will contact us so we can see one.

Also found the Isata 3 is for sale in Colorado so will go look at those to see the construction and materials. It looks like the same cabinets and some other components are used.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by m111 View Post
Hello,
We've been looking for a short RV and have just run across the Rev 24TB. Unfortunately there are no units in our area to view.

If you have this RV can you please let us know the following:
What is the distance between the floor and the bed platform (excluding the mattress)? We would like to know this to determine if our dogs can jump up on the bed. We can easily replace the mattress with something lower so that is why we want to know the platform height.

Is the outside storage deep enough to hold a folding lawn chair? We have the recliner style lawn chairs. If there isn't a big enough compartment we can always do a work around with a hitch cargo box.

What is the cargo carrying capacity as listed on the sticker (most likely on one of the front doors)?

We have looked at the Ford Transit RVs with this floor plan and unfortunately there isn't enough foot room for either the passenger or driver but it appears the RAM chassis has great foot room.

We have also looked at the Mercedes Chassis with this floor plan but are put off by the very small cargo carrying capacities.

We love the fact that this RV does not have a slide. We think this could be the one for us but we will likely have to travel a good distance to even see one.

We are located in Denver Colorado so if anyone has one locally that they would be willing to show us please let us know. We are happy to meet at a sheriff department of your choice.

Thanks!

From floor to top of bed frame on my REV is 46”. The mattress top is flush with the frame top. A thinner mattress will not help you.

Floor to bottom of bed in highest position is a hair over 70”.

I can’t fit my folding lawn chairs in the outside compartment. A chair that folds up to fit in a tube or bag might work. We can put a chair behind the cab seats but that interferes with swiveling the seats.

Outside dimensions of side compartment door:
25” x 20”.

Inside dimensions of compartment:
32” high
18” deep
35” wide with one corner intruding into that space.

Plenty of foot and leg room for us. I am 5’8” tall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2851.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	349.3 KB
ID:	162242

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
From floor to top of bed frame on my REV is 46”. The mattress top is flush with the frame top. A thinner mattress will not help you.

Floor to bottom of bed in highest position is a hair over 70”.

I can’t fit my folding lawn chairs in the outside compartment. A chair that folds up to fit in a tube or bag might work. We can put a chair behind the cab seats but that interferes with swiveling the seats.

Outside dimensions of side compartment door:
25” x 20”.

Inside dimensions of compartment:
32” high
18” deep
35” wide with one corner intruding into that space.

Plenty of foot and leg room for us. I am 5’8” tall.

Attachment 162242

Update:

I have the 24RB, I just noticed you mentioned TB .

Old 02-12-2018, 04:51 PM   #8

Thanks Delco Bobby,
I appreciate your response even if the bed is a different one. I had to look up the model because the height was so high, I couldn't imagine how that would work, and then I saw it was a drop down from the ceiling bed.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Thanks Delco Bobby,
I appreciate your response even if the bed is a different one. I had to look up the model because the height was so high, I couldn't imagine how that would work, and then I saw it was a drop down from the ceiling bed.
Yeah, sorry about that. I read your message on a tiny screen and didn’t double check.

My recollection of the twin bed model is that they should be fine for almost any dog. If your dogs can get on beds and sofas in your house they should be OK.

The cab leg space should be the same.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:35 PM   #10

Delco Bobby,

Some questions on things the two units have in common:

How comfortable do you find the sofa? Is it good quality foam, too hard, too soft etc?

How long can you drive before the drivers seat becomes uncomfortable? Is it a limiting factor? We're going to go sit in a RAM 159" van chassis to see how the front seats are.

How long did it take for the manufacturing smell to dissipate?

How is the overall quality? What things did you have to take in for warranty and what things did you have to fix yourself?

Can the drawers be used without reinforcing the drawer glides?

Does the trim stay on?

Has anything fallen apart?

Was all the plumbing hooked up?

Did all the electronics work?

Were the storage compartment doors aligned and did they shut properly?

Can you use the dump valves without modification to the body or storage compartment?

What do you consider the pros and cons of the Rev?

I'm jealous you have the two compartment kitchen sink. I really like that because we put a sink drainer in one side and use the other side on the road. The sink drainer holds drying dog dishes, loose bottles of water, the dish soap etc. so we don't have to put everything away when we are on the move. It looks like for the 2018 units they have a single sink. At least it is big and rectangular so I can use a rubbermaid or similar to create a second sink within the sink.

The reason I ask about the bed height is that the Winnebago version of the same floor plan has really high beds. Same with the Thor Axis/Vegas. We found that the twin beds with an aisle between and rear bath were a more reasonable height. In the pictures of the Rev. I couldn't figure out which ones they would be more like.

Thanks!
Old 02-12-2018, 08:00 PM   #11

M111

We bought a Rev 24 TB a week ago. We really love it. We have a 30 pound minature Labradoodle and Likes to get on the bed(s). I put a table top between the two beds (made to do that)and put her bed on that. She easily jumps on her bed thne up to ours.

The bed is long enough for me, 5' 11", but barely.

The couch is very comfortable but too short to be used as an adult bed (if over 5ft)

I had 4 "bag type" folding chairs in the storage bins. Everything worked excellent for the first trip, seems to be very well made. We are totally pleased with the new REV 24 TB. Good luck finding one
porsche84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 10:42 PM   #12

Porche84,

Thanks! Could I trouble you to take a tape measure and measure the distance from the floor to the top of the platform? Our dog is short legged and we really want to be sure he can jump up by himself.

Thanks for pointing out the bed size. I just looked it up and it is 32"x74" so will be tight for my 6 ft husband. We will also find a 32" wide model to look at locally to be sure we can live with that width. It looks like the Thor Axis 25.5 is 32 x 76 so we will use that as our width check.

Are there any shelves or compartments to put a water bottle, tissues, glasses by the head of the bed?

Do you have any options? From what I can tell on their web site there doesn't seem to be any options but I wanted to know just so I could factor that into the answer to the next question on ccc.

What is your cargo carrying capacity (ccc) and the weight of a full water tank? Both should be listed on a yellow sticker on one of the doors.

What is the depth of the largest storage compartment on the outside?

Are the dump connections good? Meaning you can hook your hoses up and they drain downhill without having to modify anything.

Thanks! Really appreciate your taking the time to reply.

We need to do some homework on our end by visiting a Dodge dealer to experience the cab and then checking out the materials on the interior by looking at an Isata 3.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:37 PM   #13

Quote:
Porche84,

Thanks! Could I trouble you to take a tape measure and measure the distance from the floor to the top of the platform? Our dog is short legged and we really want to be sure he can jump up by himself.

Thanks for pointing out the bed size. I just looked it up and it is 32"x74" so will be tight for my 6 ft husband. We will also find a 32" wide model to look at locally to be sure we can live with that width. It looks like the Thor Axis 25.5 is 32 x 76 so we will use that as our width check.

Are there any shelves or compartments to put a water bottle, tissues, glasses by the head of the bed?

Do you have any options? From what I can tell on their web site there doesn't seem to be any options but I wanted to know just so I could factor that into the answer to the next question on ccc.

What is your cargo carrying capacity (ccc) and the weight of a full water tank? Both should be listed on a yellow sticker on one of the doors.

What is the depth of the largest storage compartment on the outside?

Are the dump connections good? Meaning you can hook your hoses up and they drain downhill without having to modify anything.

Thanks! Really appreciate your taking the time to reply.

We need to do some homework on our end by visiting a Dodge dealer to experience the cab and then checking out the materials on the interior by looking at an Isata 3.
We considered the Axis/Vegas but I was turned off by some of the really cheap/cheesy construction and parts. The REV is far superior for about the same money.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:13 AM   #14

Quote:
Delco Bobby,

Some questions on things the two units have in common:

How comfortable do you find the sofa? Is it good quality foam, too hard, too soft etc?

How long can you drive before the drivers seat becomes uncomfortable? Is it a limiting factor? We're going to go sit in a RAM 159" van chassis to see how the front seats are.

How long did it take for the manufacturing smell to dissipate?

How is the overall quality? What things did you have to take in for warranty and what things did you have to fix yourself?

Can the drawers be used without reinforcing the drawer glides?

Does the trim stay on?

Has anything fallen apart?

Was all the plumbing hooked up?

Did all the electronics work?

Were the storage compartment doors aligned and did they shut properly?

Can you use the dump valves without modification to the body or storage compartment?

What do you consider the pros and cons of the Rev?

I'm jealous you have the two compartment kitchen sink. I really like that because we put a sink drainer in one side and use the other side on the road. The sink drainer holds drying dog dishes, loose bottles of water, the dish soap etc. so we don't have to put everything away when we are on the move. It looks like for the 2018 units they have a single sink. At least it is big and rectangular so I can use a rubbermaid or similar to create a second sink within the sink.

The reason I ask about the bed height is that the Winnebago version of the same floor plan has really high beds. Same with the Thor Axis/Vegas. We found that the twin beds with an aisle between and rear bath were a more reasonable height. In the pictures of the Rev. I couldn't figure out which ones they would be more like.

Thanks!
After almost two years the sofa is still good. All foam gets softer with use and age. But I am still comfortable. I have sat in brand new RV’s that were not as good.

I tend to readjust myself throught a trip. I can handle a couple of hours or a bit more. My wife was happy with the passenger seat but a slew of injuries to back, legs and neck now have her complaining. However she seems OK if she sits in the dinette or on the sofa. Our dinette seats do not have seat belts but sometimes she needs to do computer work there.

I do not like the “out gassing” smell. I don’t recall one and our unit was fresh on the dealers lot.

Overall quality is excellent. No problems with cabinets, drawer guides, trim or doors. Nothing has fallen apart. Not much electronics but everything works.

Microwave started to squeak, service dept. tighted some screws. Now OK.

Bathroom sink drain was fixed twice but I will take it back to dealer for a hopefully permanent fix. It leaks when the sink is about a quarter full.

Some of the Truma hoses were not connected. With Brian’s guidance it was a simple fix.

Dump valves are OK, we worry about hitting bottom on some grade transitions but never hit the pipe. It is a little awkward for my overweight body. I will be trying a Valterra valve extension soon.

Ride and road manners are excellent.

We have a very rare water intrusion from unknown location in bathroom. Dealer had three guys with a hose on the roof trying to duplicate the leak but couldn’t. Everything on roof looks good and tight. My current theory is either water is getting into the plumbing vent or coming in through a broken awning bolt.

We had one instance of water pouring into the dinette area during a literal monsoon. I was parked next to a parking pavilion and water was pouring off the roof of the pavillion onto the REV. Once again I suspect another broken awning bolt allowed water tp pass through. Fortunately I was in thr REV at the time and saw it happen and had plenty of towels on hand.

I believe Brian fells that the awning is well secured with the other bolts. I will have the dealer either replace the bolts which may be a mistake or just seal the broken ones in place.

I can’t think of any cons. There are mods I plan to make if we keep it. My wife’s injuries will determine that. I would hate to give it up.

In ours the dining room table covers too much of the seats so I have difficulty getting mt carcass in and out. I would have a narrower table now however I might not have bought it with such a narrow table. My wife and others have no problem.

I would prefer a brighter instrument panel. Many RV owners complain about this regardless of brand. It may be an issue caused by transition type eyeglasses.

BTW, we really, really enjoy our REV.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:45 AM   #15

Thanks Delco Bobby,

I sympathize with your wife's issues. The longer sofa in the Rev. 24TB appeals to me vs. the really small ones in the smaller RVs with slides because I can lay down on it with a seatbelt on.

One reason I want to get an new RV is that in our current one the island queen bed is hard to get around at the corners when my back is acting up. That is what appeals to me with the twin beds. Easier in and out. Of course that also depends on the beds being a reasonable height. The really tall ones don't only not work for the dog but also make it hard for me to get in and out.

Glad to hear you are happy but the water intrusion issues must have you worried. Seems like mold could form and/or rot.

Glad to hear there was no out gassing. Some we have looked at I can't even hardly look through because of the chemical smells. The Sunseeker 2390/2370 was the best we have seen so far for not having a noxious chemical smell.

What happened to your awning that you have broken bolts?
Old 02-13-2018, 10:04 AM   #16

Others have reported broken awning bolts on various motorhomes. It may be caused by over tightening the bolts. The brackets seem substantial and the other bolts will hopefully hold. The brackets are tight to the body and there is no noise coming from the awning as we travel.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:10 AM   #17

M111

The table top inserted between TB is 20" high and the mattress is 30". The width (depth) of the widest storage compartment is 29 1/2". The CCC on the door says 449 Kg (989 lbs). This is with the tanks empty. The fresh water full is 94 Kg (207 lbs) and the waste tanks full is 275 Kg (606) according to the sticker. With all tanks full you are getting close to CCC.
porsche84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:22 PM   #18

Porche84,

Thank you, thank you, thank you! It looks like with a mattress swap out to a 4 inch latex foam the beds could work with our dog.

Sorry to pester you so much but could you measure the length of the loveseat?

Also can you get in and out of the front seats if the table is deployed while traveling?

The ccc is much lower than I thought it would be with no slide. So that is something we have to think about. I emailed the dealer in Illinois to find out what that one is rated at.

Delco Bobby,
You said you have been enjoying yours alot but it looks like you live in PA. Are you getting down south to use it during the winter? What would you say are the pros and cons of your usage. Examples are you can park it in any lot or it is good, not good for boondocking, how long for boondocking etc?

Same question to Porche84 but you may not have had it long enough to really say.

Thanks again!
Old 02-13-2018, 12:26 PM   #19

Brian, you mentioned that the last 24TB to come across the scales is ccc 1278. Were changes made that give additional ccc?
Old 02-13-2018, 12:30 PM   #20
Commercial Member

Quote:
Porche84,
The ccc is much lower than I thought it would be with no slide. So that is something we have to think about.

Thanks again!
Remember, the Sprinter GVWR is 11,030 lbs.
E450 Ford is 14,500 lbs
Promaster is only 9350.

On smaller Class C's you like to see 10% of the GVWR be CCC. That is always the goal. Sometimes a lofty one with all the options. At almost 14% for the REV, that's a pretty good ratio. So you can get more CCC, but normally that means going to a larger GVWR. Transit GVWR is over 10k.