Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2018, 06:49 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
I wonder if a custom car/truck shop could get a more comfortable seat made for her. The seats do seem a bit hard. I put seat cushions on ours and on a long trip add a rolled up tea towel at my back for additional lumbar support.
A new seat might be cheaper than taking the depreciation hit on the REV.

Glad you got it to start. Have a safe trip.
I couldn’t find any seat options online. It seems there are no commercial options. No one wants to mess with the air bags.

I didn’t look for a custom shop and I agree that I don’t want to take another financial hit on a trade. Especially on such a good motorhome.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 06:52 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawilson View Post
Consider getting a Battery Tender (Deltran). Install the cable to the battery posts and route it to someplace convenient. Plug it in at the end of the day. The Tender senses battery charge level and adjusts accordingly. It won't bring back a dead battery but, it will keep a charged battery topped up.

Also consider taking the battery to an auto parts store and have them put a tester on it. Draining a battery can affect its ability to hold a charge even if it appears to accept recharging. They can test it in or out of the vehicle.
Thanks Mark,

I bought a Battery Tender a few days ago. The starting battery is under the floor boards. I may try to gain access to the battery today.

Old 05-17-2018, 10:39 PM   #43

FWIW, I picked up my REV from Dylan's service this afternoon and it started right up. Sat there for over a week. Although they did move it to do their work.

The house batteries still had juice and the generator also started right up.

I may have to stop worrying about my batteries.

Old 04-28-2019, 11:47 AM   #44
Jackie & Michael

I have the same problem. Ford engine battery dead and house batteries on 2016 Sunseeker. Road service couldn't start. Won't turn over. Any other options except towing to a repair shop? Two RV club guys suggest removing batteries and recharging overnight? Or is this possibly an electrical problem. RV sat for 6 months. Any suggestions?
Oakmont95409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 01:11 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakmont95409 View Post
RV sat for 6 months. Any suggestions?
Did you charge the batteries during that time?
Are you saying that the engine won't start and the lights won't come on in the rv?
You shouldn't have to remove the batteries to try to recharge them. If you have access to electricity where you store it you can buy a battery charger. The new ones will tell you if the battery is de,ad and cannot be recharged.

If you don't have access to electricity, see if you can get someone to try to jump start your engine or visit your local auto shop and buy a jump starter ( usually under $50). Then you can drive it to an auto or battery store to get it quick charged or replaced.
Old 04-28-2019, 01:31 PM   #46
Jackie & Michael

RV hasn't been hooked up to power in 6 months so batteries haven't been charged. Good Sam road service came and tried to jump start engine [Ford 350]. Heard engine trying to start, but it wouldn't turn over. House batteries also dead. Friend suggested checking electrical current. Well meaning RV friends willing to remove batteries and recharge overnight. Don't know if that will do any good?
Old 04-28-2019, 01:45 PM   #47

Quote:
. Friend suggested checking electrical current. Well meaning RV friends willing to remove batteries and recharge overnight. Don't know if that will do any good?
Either suggestion couldn't hurt, but unless those batteries had the negative cable disconnected, they may be beyond help.
If your friends are willing to remove the batteries, you can take them to an auto shop that can test the batteries, quick charge if they aren't dead.

Actually, all you need to do is remove and test or replace the truck battery. Once you've got a good battery in the truck, you can drive to a battery shop that can help you with the house batteries.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:30 PM   #48

Quote:
I have the same problem. Ford engine battery dead and house batteries on 2016 Sunseeker. Road service couldn't start. Won't turn over. Any other options except towing to a repair shop? Two RV club guys suggest removing batteries and recharging overnight? Or is this possibly an electrical problem. RV sat for 6 months. Any suggestions?
I wS good after my hot shot but used battery charger anyway.

6 months without charging is way too long. Too many parasitic draws on the batteries. I suggest that you charge once a week or disconnect the battery terminals.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:48 PM   #49
Jackie & Michael

Thanks for your feedback. My husband thinks since the engine didn't start when road assistance sent mega voltage to it that it could be spark plugs or something else. It's way beyond my pay grade. What should we have done with the batteries while the RV was being stored without power to keep this from happening?
Old 04-28-2019, 08:29 PM   #50

Quote:
Thanks for your feedback. My husband thinks since the engine didn't start when road assistance sent mega voltage to it that it could be spark plugs or something else. It's way beyond my pay grade. What should we have done with the batteries while the RV was being stored without power to keep this from happening?
Your husband could be right, but it also could be a completely dead battery. They cannot jump start a completely dead battery. (The voice of experience here.) It's not going to cost you a lot of money to pull that truck battery and take it to an auto shop that can test the battery to see if it's dead or will take a quick charge. I'd suggest that before you start spending money on 'something else. All you'd lose is a bit of time and you already have people who are willing to pull the battery.

To keep it from happening again, disconnect the negative battery cable on the batteries, or install a battery disconnect switch which costs around $30 and disconnect the batteries before storing. Also, put some Stabil in the gas tank to help keep the gas from going bad.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:36 PM   #51

Quote:
if the engines is not really turning over and the batteries sat and discharged for 6 months chances are it's just a dead battery . always do the simplest , cheapest fixes first you most likely will need new batteries anyway . fuel injection system needs good voltage along with the starter. spark plugs i doubt it
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote