Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2016, 11:45 AM   #1

REV Height Question

I did email Dynamax but figured I would ask here too and may get a quicker answer. My new REV 24CB is going to Chrysler for a recall on Tuesday. I finally found one close enough to me that can service "trucks". They wanted the height of the RV and I told them 10'5" which is listed in the brochure. Does that height include the AC unit? Their bay is 12'.
Dog Show Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 11:56 PM   #2

I believe it includes the roof top stuff.

If the recall is for the Mopar trailer hitch then you should make sure you actually have one. I received that recall notice but Dynamax did not install the Mopar version on my REV.

I called the phone number on the notice and explained the situation to the Dodge person and she called the dealer. The dealer removed the recall from my REV while I was on the phone. Easy and simple and no trip to the dealer.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:59 AM   #3

I think it does include the roof stuff too but just wanted to make 100% before I have them pull it into the bay. Thanks for letting me know you thought that too.

Like you, I was not worried about the trailer recall but just got another recall for the ignition switch box (or something like that). It said it could disable your ABS and air bags, soooooooooooo before I head out for my 5 hour drive I really wanted that fixed. I have already had 1 serious RV accident in my lifetime and want that to be the only one I ever had. Not as concerned about the air bags as I was about the brakes!
Old 09-25-2016, 08:02 AM   #4

PS: Good info about the hitch. I would guess when it is at the dealer they can look to see what hitch I actually have. Every now and then I do tow a small utility trailer but it is 4 flat so all braking is done with the RV and you can honestly see the brake lights off the RV before you would see them off the trailer anyway.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:31 AM   #5

I didn't receive the ignition switch recall. We may have different year chassis.

What kind of dogs?

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:34 AM   #6

It is for the 2015 chassis. I just got it in the mail 2 days ago from Forrest River.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:35 AM   #7

Oh and my dogs are Pointers, also known as English Pointers.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:46 AM   #8
Commercial Member

Show Gal, I believe I just responded to your email this morning so I apologize for the delay! But so we are all on the same page, our exterior heights all include the roof-mounted A/C so it is your true height.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
zgipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 07:50 AM   #9

I did get that information zgipson and THANK YOU for that information. I am very impressed on the early Monday morning response, much appreciated.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:31 AM   #10
Commercial Member

Coffee is a beautiful thing!
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
zgipson is offline   Reply With Quote