Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2016, 06:03 AM   #21

Delacourt Bobby and blemens, your lasts posts described the issues manufacturers create for owners. The component is designed to operate and perform a certain way but their design and ultimate installation prevent it from happening. My particular case, the sewer discharge outlet is so close to the bottom of the cabinet that I barely was able to get an elbow on it. To compound matters further, the rotating holding tube was mounted with the opening slightly offset from discharge tube. As a result, the limited separation top to bottom and last to right left no room for a connected hose to be coiled in the compartment. I was barely able to get a short piece of hose in the holder and up through the opening and connected to a small elbow on the discharge tube. I now have to connect longer run at the end of the hose tube if I'm not within a few feet of the sewer inlet. And the additional hose has to be stored in another compartment. Had some thought been given to the overal layout and orientation of the compartment it could have accommodated the necessary permanent connection and storage of a decent length of hose.

2012 Sportscoach Cross Country 385 DS
Freightliner XCR w/ Cummins ISB 6.7L 340 hp
2009 Saturn Vue, Blue Ox Alpha, RVi Brake 2
mvpmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:22 AM   #22

Interesting, I have one of those on our 2017 Sunseeker and I managed to get this https://www.amazon.com/Camco-39691-H.../dp/B000EDUTQI nicely stored in it with a hose clamp style 45 degree adapter added on. You slide the straight adapter into the tube first and the 45 fits nicely inside the door. They do design these RV's with very little available weight capacity and those fancy hoses do weigh at least twice as much as a standard one.
ShermanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:02 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpmich View Post
Delacourt Bobby and blemens, your lasts posts described the issues manufacturers create for owners. The component is designed to operate and perform a certain way but their design and ultimate installation prevent it from happening. My particular case, the sewer discharge outlet is so close to the bottom of the cabinet that I barely was able to get an elbow on it. To compound matters further, the rotating holding tube was mounted with the opening slightly offset from discharge tube. As a result, the limited separation top to bottom and last to right left no room for a connected hose to be coiled in the compartment. I was barely able to get a short piece of hose in the holder and up through the opening and connected to a small elbow on the discharge tube. I now have to connect longer run at the end of the hose tube if I'm not within a few feet of the sewer inlet. And the additional hose has to be stored in another compartment. Had some thought been given to the overal layout and orientation of the compartment it could have accommodated the necessary permanent connection and storage of a decent length of hose.
As in other industries too many dummies making bozo decisions while the knowledgable experienced people are ignored.

Your situation proves the above.

However, there can also be found some well done design and implementations on our RVs as well. And somtimes the good is intermixed with the questionable. For instance, the dropdown bed on mt REV has a seat belt type strap to keep it from dropping accidentally. Good design and easy to use. EXCEPT THAT it is about an inch too close to the ceiling so it is very difficult to unlatch it due to lack of vertical movement.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:08 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
On it...I think that's called "Arson" however.

In the meantime. Sanitubes / Sewer Hose Carriers / SUPER-TUBE - DW Inc.

Has a couple of options.
X2

Got one, like it, might order a 2nd one. This one has 5 fishing rods in it! Telescopes 53-100"

And they say the Rhino hoses fit no problem
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:08 AM   #25
Commercial Member

I'm not railing on anyone in particular...but a video I watched made me think about this. If someone doesn't know how something works, it's considered broken and when someone doesn't know why something is the way that it is they say it is, its because of engineers that just sit behind their desk.

Now, don't get me wrong...there are lots of things I wonder, why in the heck did we do it this way, that's stupid. But there are lots of things that are the way they are because of ALL the restrictions people don't think or know about.

A good example is rear window. Someone said how stupid it was to have this nice big window in the back and not make it openable. Well, unfortunately that's the code we have to comply with.

I watched a video of full timers who thought, we can design the perfect RV. So a company took them up on that. There was a lot of "we want to do this" "well, we can't really do that because of this code or that code". "well we want this material" "well, we can't really do that material because its doesn't pass flame spread ratings"

It seems really simple...until you have to do it. Motorhomes pose even more complications. Trailers and 5th wheels can sort of do whatever they want. The unit does not need to be usable when in transit. Motorhomes have to maximize size and storage and be perfectly usable with the slides in as well. Plumbing...you'd love to be able to put this here and that there...but somehow you have to get to the tanks with proper slope and there is no basement to plumb into. Let's factor in flame spread, egress requirements, FMVSS standards, not to mention weight restrictions. Oh, and make sure it meets a certain price point.

Almost forgot....what is perfect for one person is not perfect for another. So we have to find a compromise that while its not perfect for either of you...it is something you can both live with. Because at the end of the day, these things need to be approved by the state and the chassis mfg. So we can't just build one...we have to find something that appeals to a broad audience.

Again, there are lots of things that make sense. And contrary to the belief that we ignore people, we're always soliciting feedback and take retail suggestions into play. The Helwig Sway bar started right here on this forum. The front Heat Shields we run...started right here.

Specifically on the seatbelt. The bed used to hang further from the ceiling so there was more vertical movement, but people complained about the clearance under the bed...so we went to a "wood slat" support with thinner mattress, which shortened the distance from the latch to the seatbelt clip (giving more head room) and that is a part that comes with the bed system...we buy the whole thing from Italy.

Trust me...I wish it was much simpler. If anyone has a good idea, I promise we'll figure out a way to use it. Or I can tell you why we can't. But we never ignore experienced RV'ers

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:19 AM   #26
Berkshire 390QS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
My REV has a built in tube to hold a sewer hose. My sewer hose does not fit because of the standard connector ends.

Does anyone know what kind of sewer hose will fit in this compartment?

If not, what else can I put in this compartment? It is not very deep, maybe a couple of feet deep.

Thanks,

Bobby
Understand your issue, have same problem with the space the Berkshire has. Maybe a built in fishing pole holder. LOL
Skip
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:10 PM   #27

Not to mention the varied usages required by the consumer. The needs of a family of weekend fishermen in the Ontario north woods are about 180 degrees from a travelling nurse in the American Midwest. And we have met both with motorhomes identical to ours.

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:35 PM   #28
Commercial Member

Absolutely!.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:51 PM   #29

FWIW, this REV 24RB has just about everything I want in an RV. Plus alot of nice goodies I didn't expect.

I couple more inches in width would be nice but that would add weight. More horsepower.

I am thinking of making a sewer hose tube in the outside shower compartment. There is plenty of room for one or two 4x4 fence post covers. Not sure if that is totally safe though. If not I will move tools and stuff from outside storage to the under kitchen sink area, it is huge in there. Then I will have room for my sewer hose box in the right rear compartment.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:53 AM   #30
Sunseeker 2400MBW

My husband made a rhino flex sewer hose holder with a plastic 5 inch fence post. He attached it to the side of the ladder on the back of our mh. It's great, holds the elbow and everything.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:42 PM   #31

Last RV I used a covered tub to hold the sewer hoses plus the rear bumper. another covered tub for the fresh water hoses and attachments. but that one had larger outside storage compartments.

I like to use an outside compartment on shopping trips to stow the purchases.

My plan now is to place the sewer hoses and attachments into a smaller tub and keep it at the bottom of the large outside compartment. The REV has a nice outside shower setup and there is plenty of room in that vertical compartment for the fresh water hose. I am now looking for the right hook to hang the hose in there.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:51 PM   #32

We bought a sewer solution, don't need a big area to store it and it cleans itself out.

2016 Dynamax Force. Just-Rite2
Old 07-13-2016, 05:01 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
We bought a sewer solution, don't need a big area to store it and it cleans itself out.

I have been thinking of buying one but still sitting on the fence.

Old 07-13-2016, 05:11 PM   #34

Used it for 2 1/2 years. Easy to use and much cleaner (in my opinion). Never liked the stinky slinky. Get the extra hose, the unit is to short to reach most outlets I have tried.

Old 07-13-2016, 05:52 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
Used it for 2 1/2 years. Easy to use and much cleaner (in my opinion). Never liked the stinky slinky. Get the extra hose, the unit is to short to reach most outlets I have tried.

Thanks. I need to pump it about 55 feet and mostly up an incline when at home.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:21 AM   #36
Love my Rev

no big deal

They told me it was useless when we bought ours - but they did not explain about the very low sewer pipe that will drag on any small incline ? I'm sure they are trying to do something about this for future years but I am pretty sure that I will just cut my downward facing 90 angle off and face it level right out the bottom panel - will let you all know how it works soon with pictures
steve32409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 10:21 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve32409 View Post
They told me it was useless when we bought ours - but they did not explain about the very low sewer pipe that will drag on any small incline ? I'm sure they are trying to do something about this for future years but I am pretty sure that I will just cut my downward facing 90 angle off and face it level right out the bottom panel - will let you all know how it works soon with pictures

I use the sewer hose holder built in to our 2015 REV RB to hold two propane tanks for a grill. It tilts down front to back and they won't fall out.

Also I attached a couple of plastic campaign signs above the sewer drain lines to make a floor. There is an access door above that to reach the low water drain plugs. I put a 20 foot collapsible Rhino hose with the fittings in there. Both ends of the fittings have caps to seal in the smell, plus any sewer water leak will just run onto the campaign signs. Appropriate eh?

My dealer "RIP" "Leisure Time RV" in Orlando replaced the drain lines from the shutoff back. He left off the 90 degree angle and added a clear 90 degree swivel. I can swivel it up flush with the back of the REV when driving.

I bought a foam kneeling pad to attach the hose and store it in the outside shower compartment.

Tom D 2015 REV RB
Tom-n-Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 01:42 PM   #38
Love my Rev

hard sewer line dragging

thanks Tom-n-Dale - I think I understand what you have now , but the "swivel" still needs to be adjusted by hand up or down i think ? while on your knees working up under the back corner . I think what I have planned will work and will post pics when done - thanks again
steve32409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 03:13 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve32409 View Post
I took my new REV to my Ford dealer to get the required PA state inspection since I bought it in NJ.

The dealer has a lot in back where they park the trucks and motorhomes. There are a couple of inclines so I was concerned about bottoming out. No problem except in my mind.

It may be that hitting the drag bars and sewer pipe is caused by more abrupt transitions.

Old 07-23-2016, 03:19 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-n-Dale View Post
I use the sewer hose holder built in to our 2015 REV RB to hold two propane tanks for a grill. It tilts down front to back and they won't fall out.

Also I attached a couple of plastic campaign signs above the sewer drain lines to make a floor. There is an access door above that to reach the low water drain plugs. I put a 20 foot collapsible Rhino hose with the fittings in there. Both ends of the fittings have caps to seal in the smell, plus any sewer water leak will just run onto the campaign signs. Appropriate eh?

My dealer "RIP" "Leisure Time RV" in Orlando replaced the drain lines from the shutoff back. He left off the 90 degree angle and added a clear 90 degree swivel. I can swivel it up flush with the back of the REV when driving.

I bought a foam kneeling pad to attach the hose and store it in the outside shower compartment.

Tom D 2015 REV RB
Sounds interesting and good use of the campaign signs. Are you able to take some photos and post them?

I had the thought that the sewer hose holder would be a good place to mount a flame thrower. But I didn't think of the small propane canisters.

Thanks