Old 07-07-2016, 11:13 AM   #1

REV sewer hose compartment

My REV has a built in tube to hold a sewer hose. My sewer hose does not fit because of the standard connector ends.

Does anyone know what kind of sewer hose will fit in this compartment?

If not, what else can I put in this compartment? It is not very deep, maybe a couple of feet deep.

Thanks,

Bobby
Attached Images

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:38 AM   #2

Have the same type of useless hose compartment on our Lexington. Only the hose, without any fittings, will fit. Makes it useless.
I keep a prybar, some 24" long heavy duty wire ties, an assortment of long wooden dowels, short starter hose, in the compartment just to give it a useful purpose.
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:44 AM   #3

Thanks for the ideas.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:55 AM   #4
jeff

You might consider a "Blue Line" sewer hose. They've worked for me for years without issues. The connector slips off if that's what's needed
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:09 PM   #5

Having to take the fittings off everytime you need to store the hose kind of defeats the purpose of having a "sewer hose storage compartment". Now you have to take fittings off both ends, store the hose, and store the fittings somewhere else.
Silly design, and a waste of space. If someone who had known what they were doing, and designed it properly, ( bigger diameter and longer) it would have been a great place for the hose.
Just another indication that those who design these rigs are NOT rv owners or users.
Grumpy

Old 07-07-2016, 12:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
Having to take the fittings off everytime you need to store the hose kind of defeats the purpose of having a "sewer hose storage compartment". Now you have to take fittings off both ends, store the hose, and store the fittings somewhere else.
Silly design, and a waste of space. If someone who had known what they were doing, and designed it properly, ( bigger diameter and longer) it would have been a great place for the hose.
Just another indication that those who design these rigs are NOT rv owners or users.
Grumpy
Blueline hoses work as they have slide on connections, HOWEVER, the tube only holds a short length of hose and you still need to carry additional lengths to accommodate ever situation.

X2 about designers not interested with Owner's needs and wants and designing for looks and size restrictions instead.

2012 Sportscoach Cross Country 385 DS
Freightliner XCR w/ Cummins ISB 6.7L 340 hp
2009 Saturn Vue, Blue Ox Alpha, RVi Brake 2
mvpmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpmich View Post
Blueline hoses work as they have slide on connections, HOWEVER, the tube only holds a short length of hose and you still need to carry additional lengths to accommodate ever situation.

X2 about designers not interested with Owner's needs and wants and designing for looks and size restrictions instead.
Ahh, wasen't familier with the BlueLine Hose set up...I see how it would work. Still, the silly compartment we're referring to is only about 24 inches deep. No way could I get my 15' Rhino and a 5' extension in it, even without the end fittings.
Grumpy

Old 07-07-2016, 01:03 PM   #8
GM

Oh those stupid, careless and ignorant RV designers.

1. we don't design it. That is a stock part that just plugs in there. Blame B&B for the outdated design...blame mfg's for not taking something off that has been there for years that no one uses.
2. I compare it to ash trays/lighters in cars. its there, because everyone has just always put it there. Everyone used to use the blue hose and it fit. Might not have made any sense then, certainly doesn't now.

My goal was to replace it with something...but you tell me what? I've looked. There is nothing deep enough due to the frame of the chassis. No one makes anything that is curved. I did find one possible option and we have ordered a proto

On our trucks, we have a nice big storage tube that holds the hose and fittings and mounts to the utility compartment door. But these new hoses are big and with the fittings even bigger. What we need to do, is just have a compartment instead and clearly mark it for sewer hose storage, but then I wonder if we get complaints that we're wasting a perfectly good storage compartment for a sewer hose.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
Ahh, wasen't familier with the BlueLine Hose set up...I see how it would work. Still, the silly compartment we're referring to is only about 24 inches deep. No way could I get my 15' Rhino and a 5' extension in it, even without the end fittings.
Grumpy
Totally agree. I can fit a 5-6' section in the wet bay. Larger sections and connectors are kept in another compartment. As such, I need to keep everything VERY clean to minimize odors. Not the best situation. Didn't give this situation much thought when moving from a C to an A, but have different priorities and expectations now.

2012 Sportscoach Cross Country 385 DS
Freightliner XCR w/ Cummins ISB 6.7L 340 hp
2009 Saturn Vue, Blue Ox Alpha, RVi Brake 2
mvpmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:10 PM   #10

clemens;1251302]Oh those stupid, careless and ignorant RV designers.

1. we don't design it. That is a stock part that just plugs in there. Blame B&B for the outdated design...blame mfg's for not taking something off that has been there for years that no one uses.
2. I compare it to ash trays/lighters in cars. its there, because everyone has just always put it there. Everyone used to use the blue hose and it fit. Might not have made any sense then, certainly doesn't now.

My goal was to replace it with something...but you tell me what? I've looked. There is nothing deep enough due to the frame of the chassis. No one makes anything that is curved.

On our trucks, we have a nice big storage tube that holds the hose and fittings and mounts to the utility compartment door. But these new hoses are big and with the fittings even bigger. What we need to do, is just have a compartment instead and clearly mark it for sewer hose storage, but then I wonder if we get complaints that we're wasting a perfectly good storage compartment for a sewer hose.[/QUOTE]

Dynamax could lead the way by incorporating a black tank contents vaporizer. Push a button and zap the contents. Maybe in the next century...