Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2018, 05:45 PM   #1

REV shower faucets

Which way do I turn the two faucet handles to close them? Clockwise or counter clockwise?

I started to winterize the other day but only got as far as draining the water. I had all the valves open and left them that way when I was interrupted.

Closed the sinks today but I am not sure of the status of the shower faucet. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to blow the lines and pump anti freeze. I want to be certain that the shower valves are closed before I start.

Weather really blew today’s forcast. Predicted a dusting of snow. We had 4 or 5 inches.

TIA,

Bobby

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 01:43 PM   #2

OK, looks like that was a stupid question.

The old valves in our house work in opposite directions. Same in previous house. To turn on cold water rotate counterclockwise and hot rotates clockwise. Or visa versa, I am not going up to second floor to confirm. Our newer shower valves have only one handle and mix hot and cold.

I finally got an assistant today to help me winterize after a few nights of below freezing temps. I didn’t blow the lines out this year to save a few minutes because my assistant thought buying a wedding dress was was more important. There was still some water in the lines as was expected.

I also realized it is quicker to remove the outside shower head instead of waiting all day for the pink stuff to run. Pink stuff came out immediately after removing the head.

The good news is that the deed is done with no apparent freeze damage and I can stop useless worrying. And if lucky I won’t have to hear about a wedding dress until June. Wishful thinking?

Old 11-18-2018, 08:13 PM   #3
Love my Rev

All I do is drain water tank by small turn valve underneath , then put my 2 ft. hose in a gal of " pink stuff " / turn my water valve to " winterize and open all faucets and stool one at a time until pink flows / and it takes less than one gal.
steve32409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 08:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve32409 View Post
All I do is drain water tank by small turn valve underneath , then put my 2 ft. hose in a gal of " pink stuff " / turn my water valve to " winterize and open all faucets and stool one at a time until pink flows / and it takes less than one gal.
I drained the FW tank, Truma Combi heater and the two low point drains were opened. They were all open for two days. I had a short drive but didn’t have the opportunity to take a long drive. I live in a hilly area which helps to drain the water on longer drives.

I used about 3 gallons or maybe a little more of anti-freeze before pink came out of all faucets. The Anderson valve was sey to Winterize. I used the same amout in two previous years. No pink stuff was wasted by me forgetting to close the open drains. This year my wife helped me on the inside which saved me running in and out to change the bottles as they emptied.

My water lines may be longer than yours?

Old 11-18-2018, 10:34 PM   #5
Love my Rev

I would think we have the very same lines except you have the truma water heater that I don't . I guess your two gal. tank has to fill up first before you get a pink flow to your hot faucets ?
steve32409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve32409 View Post
I would think we have the very same lines except you have the truma water heater that I don't . I guess your two gal. tank has to fill up first before you get a pink flow to your hot faucets ?
That makes sense. There is no bypass. The cold lines went quickly only the hot lines took forever.

Tags
faucet, show, shower