Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2018, 02:57 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Yes, any occasional reader of the Dynamax forum knows of your woes with your unit. Consider that the regular barrage of your complaints in any given thread can be detrimental to whatever public sympathy due you.

I believe that we all want you to be satisfied but that serms doubtful based on your reports. Some threads have been closed and I don’t want this one or any other threads to be closed.

I wish you well and I respectfully request that you avoid jumping into so many threads with your complaints and accusations. You have several threads that you started where you can update us on your repair saga.

BTW, I once suggested Carman Dodge in Delaware could service your Dodge chassis. Did you ever contact them to confirm? Asking for a friend. They serviced my chassis but it is smaller than yours.

Not looking for any sympathy. Just sharing information. That's how my comment started in this post. I was surprised Dynamax doesn't share this information with their dealers. It wasn't negative, it was a comment I made after reading about 12-15 responses from others.

Then the Dynamax faithful jump on as they apparently feel insulted by my comments... of course I will respond. There are plenty of threads I don't respond to. When someone posts positive comments I don't respond or call them out. However some feel compelled to defend the brand. That's fine, but it doesn't change my point of view.

So I will continue to share my thoughts and experience.

The original thread was closed, as for an update there is none.

Vann Dodge wound up looking at the unit back in April.
vrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:56 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrunner View Post
Not looking for any sympathy. Just sharing information. That's how my comment started in this post. I was surprised Dynamax doesn't share this information with their dealers. It wasn't negative, it was a comment I made after reading about 12-15 responses from others.

Then the Dynamax faithful jump on as they apparently feel insulted by my comments... of course I will respond. There are plenty of threads I don't respond to. When someone posts positive comments I don't respond or call them out. However some feel compelled to defend the brand. That's fine, but it doesn't change my point of view.

So I will continue to share my thoughts and experience.

The original thread was closed, as for an update there is none.

Vann Dodge wound up looking at the unit back in April.

I am curious if JAYCO shared the same info with their dealers. Do we know for a fact that Dynamax didn't share the info?

Is there a procedure for factories to share the info. Ideally yes, but we don't know.

I brought up Carman Dodge because it seemed you were still complaining about no Dodge dealers being willing or able to help.

Not sure if I have the restraint to ignore future posts as some of the wiser ones here may do. My curiosity can negate my intentions.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:31 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
I am curious if JAYCO shared the same info with their dealers. Do we know for a fact that Dynamax didn't share the info?

Is there a procedure for factories to share the info. Ideally yes, but we don't know.

I brought up Carman Dodge because it seemed you were still complaining about no Dodge dealers being willing or able to help.

Not sure if I have the restraint to ignore future posts as some of the wiser ones here may do. My curiosity can negate my intentions.

Sounds good! Vann looked at it, found the problem and FCA is disputing it.
vrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:17 AM   #44
Commercial Member

Just to clarify, since it looks like we have been taking liberties with what Dynamax does or doesn't do.

Unlike a car, we do not engineer and spec exactly what goes in. IE, Ford, tells their suppliers how and what to build to their spec. We buy off the shelf more like a house. So it is really the OEM supplier that issues the TSB for their equipment not us. IF we know about the TSB, we will always tell our dealers. It seems to be getting confused on the Atwood's however...there is ONE TSB out, and the vehicle in question has had that work down...however, they are in the process of sending out a 2nd TSB (which really may have been the root cause all long). So I'm not sure how we are supposed to tell a dealer about something that we don't even have all the details on.

AND, if we did, it does not mean the dealer tells their techs. For example. On the sales side, I had a customer that wanted a new floor plan when I was at Sunseeker. I talk to them, walked them through all their spec's etc. They knew exactly what they wanted. They went into their local dealer and asked them for this floor plan...here are the specs, here is the MSRP filled out. Couldn't have been any easier. Dealer told them "that must be an obsolete floor plan, it is not on their price sheets, sorry. How about this one that we have in stock". Customer called me back, I double checked and called their sales manager. Sure enough...6 months prior I sent them new brochures and new price sheets. The sales guys were still displaying old brochures and old price sheets. Had no idea about a new floor plan that was no longer new. They even had one on order. So we can't just assume Dynamax was keeping it secret.

We did not change suppliers due to the leaking. Although in hind sight, it makes good sense. The only leak we actually knew about was supposed to be addressed in a TSB. I changed suppliers (as I have stated in other posts) for other reasons and prior to finding out about this 2nd TSB that is pending. We changed to a another supplier to have a unit that would work with our multiplex and I did not like the way the heat pump worked on the Atwood.

We have also been trying to pressure FCA to address the issue and continue to do so to this day. Everything checks out on the driveline and our portion...which leaves whatever issue there is (which we know FCA claims there isn't one) on the FCA side. There are limited things we can do in that case, but are still looking to do what we can under the circumstances.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:00 AM   #45

It is actually coming from Dometic since they bought Atwood. Coming from Indiana.
2014 Explorer & 2006 Jeep Unlimited
Oldnapapartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 06:38 PM   #46

We had this issue and it occurred when we left the bathroom vent open... shut it and the remainder of the nights no condensation in humid Florida
str8edg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 02:27 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldnapapartsguy View Post
Don't think it is Dynamax. It took several calls to Dometic who now owns Atwood. Finally I got a sharp gal on the phone. Call 1-800-544-4881 then press 3 and then 2 and you will be connected. Here is who I spoke with:
Jennifer.Hoisington@dometic.com
She immediately ordered it from Dometic in Indiana. Hope this helps
I also had sever condensation from both Atwood Models 1361 (In master bedroom) & 1511 located in Living Room / Kitchen. Had to put buckets under units to catch water = horrible. Today I also called 800-544-4881 & pressed #3 then press #2 & spoked with Rep. Sharon who was very helpful. Dometic is shipping out 2 newly designed Air Intake/Filter Assemblies consisting of Part #'s 3315930.101 & 3315919.000 & was advised that Dometic will pay for any labor charges to install - she also gave me a confirmation #. Hopefully this plus keeping the filters cleaned will do the trick.
brmahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 02:35 PM   #48

AC DRIPPING WATER INSIDE??:

For those of you with an FR3, any model, that have a problem with the AC unit dripping water... I sent an email to Attwood/Dometic AC folks and this is what I got back one hour. Send an email to their support Center, from their web site, and ask for part # 3315930.010. It is a new inside cover and filter that will stop the leaking and make the air much colder. I sent that email today, and when I responded to say thanks, I was told the parts would be sent to my house on Monday. Just tell them what you have and that it drips, and you can also get one or 2 sent out to you. There will be an additional part that they will send out to cover up the screws, in about 4 weeks they said. Some folks got those replaced at the FROG rally in Goshen this week. I found out about this too late for the techs to do it. They sent 2 covers for both my AC units.
Orider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 03:34 PM   #49

I have an Atwood 15033 in my 2017 Isata 3. I called the number provided and gave them my model number and Dynamax as the mfg and they said it did apply to my RV. Shipping out the same parts UPS.

Thanks for the detailed post.
Old 09-28-2018, 03:37 PM   #50

For those that order this FIX, keep your filters clean and it does help to pull out the filter about an inch. I live in Florida and have not had any leaking problems doing these 2 things, waiting for the new parts to arrive.. It is a Dometic AC problem and not any Make or Model problem.
Orider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:05 PM   #51

Roof leak

You will have to lift the upper unit. Make sure your drain tubes are clear. While your there make sure your gaskets are in good shape and not completely flat. Once you have rebolted it go back in and check the seal between your intake and output. If there is cold air mixing with your intake air then it will cause condensation. When consensation occurs at an abnormal rate it will collect in the lower unit tray. You will need to make sure that is dry.
trailer tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:52 AM   #52

Here is the kit that Dometic sent for upgrading the grill and air handler for the Atwood 15033 on my Isata 3.

I am in a trip for the next month, but will post the results when I return.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EF7C79CF-8F54-485D-9AC8-DD75AF672301.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	473.7 KB
ID:	188391  
Old 10-06-2018, 01:42 PM   #53

Thanks for Info!

I received 2 kits from Dometic - only took a few days to receive. I plan to have kits installed next month & will also reply. The "proof will be in the pudding" & hopefully you will be in very humid conditions to conduct reliable testing of the new kit - good luck.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:49 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmahoney View Post
I received 2 kits from Dometic - only took a few days to receive. I plan to have kits installed next month & will also reply. The "proof will be in the pudding" & hopefully you will be in very humid conditions to conduct reliable testing of the new kit - good luck.
Did Dometic offer to pay for your install as someone else posted? It doesn’t look too complicated, but if they will pay, I have a Dometic service dealer about 1/4 mile from my house. They only service RV’s with a wide variety of brands, but Dometic (Atwood) is one they service.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:01 PM   #55

Yes - Dometic Rep, said they would pay for install - although it should not cost much - why should I pay anything? I have a GREAT RV repair/maint shop nearby & they are very successful in getting all warranty work (and then some) approved & paid by Forest River.
As you probably know, call Dometic 800-544-4881, press #3 the #2 & they will help you
Old 10-18-2018, 07:57 PM   #56

I sent a quick email to dometic. Quoting the part number listed..

Told them I had a dynamax isata 4.
They replied that the fix was only for forest river products...

Needless to say, in the end, I have a box from dometic sitting on my front step when I got home today.. sweet.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:05 PM   #57

Just arrived home and I had the same box at my house. Now to get it installed. Looks a little complicated at first look..
2014 Explorer & 2006 Jeep Unlimited
Oldnapapartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:11 PM   #58

Has anyone completed this install themselves? I just ordered mine, should be here in a few days. I'll likely install it myself, I was just wondering what I'm in for.
Old 11-06-2018, 02:15 PM   #59

I have not installed them, but did find out thanks to Shultz, the covers are too small. Dometic said today they are working on new garnishments for the covers so they are big enough. They will send them to anyone who has ordered the kits. No idea on how long.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:36 AM   #60

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Since our Atwood in the front had dripped water last trip it was hot, I called Dometic today about the replacements. She was quick to ship something to me without asking much info, hope we get the right thing.

Tags
leak, roo, roof