Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2019, 12:56 PM   #1

Samsung TV/Remote Question

Used the DX3 for the first time this year at the track. No real issues but an annoying thing that has existed from day 1. We have the big screen pop-up TV in the living room and the regular TV's outside and in the bedroom. Each TV came with a remote and are labeled "Bedroom", "Living room", etc. However, either of the three remotes will operate any of the 3 TV's. The problem that causes is when you turn the living room TV on, the other 2 also come on, same for when turning them off. Is there a way to setup the remotes to only control specific TV's?

Also for the first time we would be watching SAT (Dish) TV and randomly a screen would pop up asking if we were searching for a lost remote. Hitting any button would clear it but it would happen 2-3 times per hour. We would also get an occasional screen saying we had lost the input signal but the TV would be playing behind that window. Again, any button push would clear it. I'm thinking the weird remote behavior may be due to the remotes sitting in the cold all winter and the battery's are going dead. I know that can cause them to do weird things. But, how do I make 1 remote control only 1 TV?

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 01:11 PM   #2
Site Team

This is only slightly related but with my DirectTV remote I can switch it between being IR-only and IR/RF. IR stands for Infared and means the remote must be pointed directly at the receiver. RF stands for Radio Frequency and means the remote is multi-directional. I can point it the other direction, or hide it under a blanket and it still works.

I wonder if there's a possible setting on your TV for this?
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 02:19 PM   #3

Brian posted something a while back about a setting that causes the tvs to work of each other due to the hdmi cables. I turned it off and the issue went away. Now I need to find the post or remember what he suggested.
Old 04-30-2019, 02:57 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Turn off CEC.

"Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) is a feature of HDMI designed to allow users to command and control devices connected through HDMI by using only one remote control. For example, by using the remote control of a television set to control a set-top box and/or DVD player. Up to 15 devices can be controlled."

I believe that the HDMI matrix eliminates the two way communication for CEC, but the splitters we used early on, did not (it appears).

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
Brian posted something a while back about a setting that causes the tvs to work of each other due to the hdmi cables. I turned it off and the issue went away. Now I need to find the post or remember what he suggested.
Is this the one:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tv-163332.html

HDMI-CEC

EDIT - he beat me to it!
Old 04-30-2019, 03:57 PM   #6

I know I turned CEC off on the big TV but I have a heck of a time getting to that same menu for the rear TV, I'll get it eventually. I know the living room is HDMI 1. When I turn the bedroom TV on it says "No Input" signal and shows that its on HDMI input. I go to the input menu and change it to HDMI 2 and it works. But as soon as I do anything with the Dish remote it changes it back to HDMI 1 and stops working, at the same time I hear the living room TV come on and start working

When I read the help message on the TV setup for CEC, it says it is supposed to prevent you from changing the input signal to the TV when the remote is not in SAT mode. I assumed this meant when I had the remote in TV mode controlling the TV. Who knows. I may just go back to the BOMB (box of many buttons) I had in my class A. I know its old school but it worked.........

And I did set my Dish to IR off since it works on RF. IR only needs to be turned on if you are using a non-Dish remote with IR to control it.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
remote