Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2017, 08:24 AM   #21

How are the sat antennas set from the factory? For DirecTv? That's what we'll use. Hope I'm not going to be crawling around on the top of the Isata 3 in November to set dip switches

Dave
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:00 AM   #22
Commercial Member

All of them are set for DirecTV....and this is why we don't mess with the factory settings. The second we change it to Dish, someone wants DirecTV.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:51 PM   #23

Sa tv

Well I've made progress, sort of. Just to let you know what I have as far as connections go. 3 male plugs red, yellow,and white. 1 hdmi cable. 2 coax cables. Today I brought another hdmi and plugged it direct from the sat box to the tv. I connected the coax to the sat in plug on the box. Now I can hear the sat dome hunting and I have a direct tv screan pop up on the tv saying lost connection to the dish. Tried the other coax to the sat in and still no connection. So what are the other cables for, that I have nothing to connect them to. I.e. The hdmi and the 3 audio looking cables. Also why did I have to run a separate hdmi cable to the tv by-passing the hdmi that came with the coach just to get a connection to the tv. This is nuts. This should be an easy plug and play system. Oh and by the way the coax to the sat in gets very hot even though it's not communicating with the dish. At this point I decided to give up and just listen to the radio. I called SXM radio to add the rv radio to my account and they couldn't connect it because they have no record of my radio cereal number or the vin. Not a good day so far. The xm people said I have to go back to my dealer and have the radio replaced with one that they recognize. I have a call into my dealer and am waiting a response. I must seem like an idiot to you folks at this point and I can't say as I blame you. A lot to be said for the Sounds Of Silence.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:25 PM   #24

What satellite receiver are you using?
Old 10-05-2017, 03:30 PM   #25

Sat tv

Direct tv
Old 10-05-2017, 04:08 PM   #26
Commercial Member

FYI, to sign up for Sirius XM you don't give them the chassis VIN as the radio is not a stock OEM radio...unless you have an Isata 5 Series. And if that's the case the dealer has not registered the vehicle. You would turn to channel one and just give them the radio serial number or Sirius ID they may call it.

1. 3 red/white.yellow are in case you want to add a gaming system or something to the front TV. It goes from
2. Was your dish stock or aftermarket. What model do you have? what floor plan?

The HDMI has nothing to do with making the satellite move. If you plug coax into the satellite receiver, power the receiver and the sat, the dish will move. The HDMI just gets an image on the screen....so connecting directly to the TV would not fix that.

HDMI is for the sat receiver...could be a bad cable, but the fact the dome did not move until recently it might not be that.
Red/Yellow/White is if you want another device or game to hook up. I don't think we do that anymore...everyone uses HDMI.

Old 10-05-2017, 04:30 PM   #27

Xm

I did tune in to channel 00 and gave them the ID number and they said it did not exist in there system. I have 3 other xm radios and this is the first time I've had an issue. Xm asked me for the vin when the ID wouldn't work. That's the first time they ever asked for a vin. It didn't help as you said because it's an aftermarket radio.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:37 PM   #28
Commercial Member

What model and radio are we dealing with?

Old 10-05-2017, 04:46 PM   #29

Xm

Sony Xav-602bt
Radio ID 29GEODWT
Old 10-05-2017, 06:00 PM   #30

Check the sat switch for 12 volt, mine did not get power from The factory, I jumped power from the usb in upper compartment and it now works.
Also I need to let my dish run its course for signal, about 5-7 min. then reset my box and let it run its course before I get any signal or tv.
My finding in the upper compartment was hdmi to rear tv and rca cables (red, white, yellow) to front tv, no hdmi to front just rear tv.
Jlole76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:14 AM   #31

Direct

Call Wingard and they will walk you through the set-up. I had trouble after following all the instructions and they helped get it on. When all was said and done you need to open the door on the direct box and push the red button which will rest the unit... and bam it all worked
NV DX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:18 AM   #32

Sat tv and xm radio

First, xm called me today asking why I gave them a bad review on their survey yesterday. I said it was because they couldn't recognize my radio. The guy today was able to turn it on and now it works fine. I still don't know why none of the people I talked with yesterday couldn't make it work. So regardless of that I'm up and running, no fault of the radio as I was told yesterday.

As far as the sat tv it looks like my particular box requires an swm8 switch and I've ordered one from Amazon. I should receive it on the 11th so I let you know how that goes.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:28 AM   #33
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
First, xm called me today asking why I gave them a bad review on their survey yesterday. I said it was because they couldn't recognize my radio. The guy today was able to turn it on and now it works fine. I still don't know why none of the people I talked with yesterday couldn't make it work. So regardless of that I'm up and running, no fault of the radio as I was told yesterday.

As far as the sat tv it looks like my particular box requires an swm8 switch and I've ordered one from Amazon. I should receive it on the 11th so I let you know how that goes.

Thanks everyone for your help.
1. good to hear on the radio.
2. I guess I never asked what receiver you were using. Dish, just about any receiver works. The Genie being the most popular lately. DirecTV, if you are not using an SD box or the HR24, then yes they are single wire multi-switch. Blame them for that complication. We try to make it plug and play, but DirecTV is the one that keeps moving the bar.

Old 10-07-2017, 01:39 PM   #34

Genie is DirectTV, Dish uses the Hopper
Old 10-07-2017, 01:48 PM   #35
Commercial Member

I actually meant the Wally. Not the genie.

Old 01-14-2018, 07:38 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
1. good to hear on the radio.

2. I guess I never asked what receiver you were using. Dish, just about any receiver works. The Genie being the most popular lately. DirecTV, if you are not using an SD box or the HR24, then yes they are single wire multi-switch. Blame them for that complication. We try to make it plug and play, but DirecTV is the one that keeps moving the bar.

The Directv boxes don’t fit anywhere near the TV on the profile Isata 3. Looks like I bought a sat antenna that can’t be used without first hiring a cabinet maker to do what Dynamax forgot.

It’s odd that an antenna setup for Directv is offered as an option but can’t be used because no one thought to use a little more of the wasted space in the cap area.
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:42 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by caswelld View Post
The Directv boxes don’t fit anywhere near the TV on the profile Isata 3. Looks like I bought a sat antenna that can’t be used without first hiring a cabinet maker to do what Dynamax forgot.

It’s odd that an antenna setup for Directv is offered as an option but can’t be used because no one thought to use a little more of the wasted space in the cap area.
It would be the same problem with legacy DishNet receivers such as the VIP622, VIP722, 211K, 222K because these are about 16" wide. Last I heard from Brian on this is they are looking at some redesign to add more depth. Dunno how that will work with a receiver that requires a space that is 16" wide x 3.5" high x 13" deep and adding another 3 inches for connector/cable clearance.

Not sure how to solve your dilemma.
Magnatudes is offline   Reply With Quote