Old 07-08-2017, 10:59 AM   #1

Satellite Force BH

First off, I want to thank everyone for answering my questions thus far. This forum and having direct access to Brian was one of the contributing factors of my purchase. Now on to one of my many future questions. If your using satellite:

1. What service ( e.g. Dish, DirectTV, etc.)?
2. I assume you need more than one receiver if you want it on the bedroom and outside TV?
3. Where does the outside TV receiver go?
4. Is it plug-n-play....meaning once I get the receiver I just connect and go?
5. Is there a specific receiver model I need to ask for to fit in the little cubby?

I was thinking of going with Dish and putting the primary (hopper) in the bedroom as the cubby for the receiver is plenty big and then getting the smaller joey boxes for the cab over TV and outside TV. Thoughts?

Jammer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 11:28 AM   #2

I haven't made my decision yet. I have DTV at home, but for the standard antenna I'll probably go with Dish.
1. I can shut off the service when not in use with Dish
2. HD is standard
3. If I only use one channel at a time no other RX is required. Makes life simple. If more than one channel will be used simultaneously you thoughts would be the way to go.

Old 07-08-2017, 12:23 PM   #3
Retired Army Paratrooper

Also no decision here yet. Have looked at both and just can't decide. Have Direct in Home and like the features of Dish but....
2016 Days Camped 45
2017 Days Camped 164
2018 Days Camped 60
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:44 PM   #4

If you already have direct or dish at home its way cheaper to go with the one you already have. I had direct so I bought a receiver for 100 bucks had it activated and cost 7 bucks a month more with the same channels you have at home. I think dish is the same way. If want to hook up more than one you need to talk to someone in service about the best way for you.
okiebug13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 02:48 PM   #5

Jammer,

If you have the Winegard T4 Roadtrip Satellite like many of the Dynamax units, you may want to check this link. Not all Dish receivers work with the T4, namely the Hopper and Joey. I have the Wally which is a nice compact unit and fits in the opening provided. My Isata 3 is wired already for satellite in the front and the bedroom.

http://www.winegard.com/dishnetwork/...ellite-systems

If you already have satellite at home, it's probably cheaper to stay with your home provider. The Dish pay as you go sounds inviting, but you pay way more for less channels that either regular Dish or DirectTV. I get like 50 channels and pay $38 per month. If I wanted the comparible lineup to a home offering, it would be $70 per month on the pay as you go.
milkman55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 03:15 PM   #6

Yeah. You guy are probably right about just getting the extra RX for my home service. We currently are moving a home RX to the RV and just get SD. It's OK. Will probably continue with DTV and buy an extra RX permanently for the DX3.
Old 07-09-2017, 02:50 AM   #7

Is all TVs wired for satellite?
Old 07-09-2017, 08:23 AM   #8

All tvs wired to the same reciever. All will be on the same channel.

I went with dish bc mine will only do in motion HD with dish. DTV was only SD in motion. Not sure if that's changed on newer models.

I'm a cable user at home so pay as you go with dish works great for me. Sure it's expensive for a month but when you only use it a couple months per year it's great
Old 07-09-2017, 03:59 PM   #9

Is that how you have your setup or the way it comes wired? I thought the T4 let you have two receivers (http://www.winegard.com/roadtrip). I was thinking/hoping I could have a receiver in the mstr bedroom and then one in the living area and then the one outside would play what is on the living area one. Will that work? Not sure how they come wired from the factory.
Old 07-09-2017, 05:41 PM   #10

The T4 has two receiver ports on the dish, but only one is wired by Dynamax. I don't know what it would take to pull a second coax. At least this is my understanding from the research I have done mostly on this forum.

milkman55 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, satellite