Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2019, 07:15 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
You already gave me what I needed. Just waiting on a response from the supplier.
Thank you
nolanfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:35 PM   #22
Commercial Member

Can you PM me the last 8 of your VIN? I don't remember if I asked for that. Also contact info, unless what we have on file is correct with your registration.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 02:02 PM   #23

Quote:
Can you PM me the last 8 of your VIN? I don't remember if I asked for that. Also contact info, unless what we have on file is correct with your registration.
Thank you so much ,I just now sent the info
Old 02-15-2019, 08:28 AM   #24
Commercial Member

nolanfla, your contact data does not match the registration data. Are you the original owner or 2nd owner?

Old 02-15-2019, 09:03 AM   #25

Quote:
nolanfla, your contact data does not match the registration data. Are you the original owner or 2nd owner?
2nd owner the RV had 8000 miles when purchased from Lamesa
Old 02-15-2019, 11:42 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanfla View Post
2nd owner the RV had 8000 miles when purchased from Lamesa
In which case you don't know what was done to those seats before you owned it. If and how they were abused and what cleaning products were used.

I don't think it would make a difference in the solution to your problem but it would have been helpful to the conversation to know that you are not the original owner.

It is also my understanding that the original purchasers warranty is not transferable .

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 12:48 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
In which case you don't know what was done to those seats before you owned it. If and how they were abused and what cleaning products were used.

I don't think it would make a difference in the solution to your problem but it would have been helpful to the conversation to know that you are not the original owner.

It is also my understanding that the original purchasers warranty is not transferable .
I am waiting to here from them thank you
Old 02-15-2019, 01:03 PM   #28

Quote:
I am waiting to here from them thank you
Delco Bobby Do you work for Dynamax?
Old 02-15-2019, 01:42 PM   #29
Commercial Member

lol...everyone is correct here.
1. The vehicle has exceeded the mileage warranty.
2. The vehicle has exceeded the time warranty.
3. The vehicle is "used" and would fall back onto any warranty that the "selling dealer" or "private seller" offered or implied. If sold "as -is" then we have the answer.
4. I did notice that a lot of the peeling is at the head rest and top of the sofa, which would imply some sort of hair product could have had a reaction. But there is also some on the seat.
5. It does help to know if someone is 2nd owner, so I approach this in the right manner. If I go after a supplier with the pictures and then "they" inform me they are the 2nd owner it sort of stops there.

6. Lastly, if I have all the facts, I can approach the supplier from the angle "I know this is out of warranty, BUT, let's find some compromise...maybe it was treatment, maybe it wasn't, what can you do for me?" Maybe its nothing. I also don't want to cry wolf all the time...but with known issues on other materials, maybe we have some traction.

To be clear, the Turnbull is not one we have seen lots of issues with.

Old 02-15-2019, 01:52 PM   #30

Quote:
lol...everyone is correct here.
1. The vehicle has exceeded the mileage warranty.
2. The vehicle has exceeded the time warranty.
3. The vehicle is used and would fall back onto any warranty that the "selling dealer" or "private seller" offered or implied. If sold "as -is" then we have the answer.
4. I did notice that a lot of the peeling is at the head rest and top of the sofa, which would imply some sort of hair product could have had a reaction.
5. It does help to know if someone is 2nd owner, so I approach this in the right manner. If I go after a supplier with the pictures and then "they" inform me they are the 2nd owner it sort of stops there.

6. Lastly, if I have all the facts, I can approach the supplier from the angle "let's find some compromise...maybe it was treatment, maybe it wasn't, what can you do for me?" Maybe its nothing. I also don't want to cry wolf all the time...but with known issues on other materials, maybe we have some traction.

To be clear, the Turnbull is not one we have seen lots of issues with.
I know if i could have afforded a new Rev I would have bought new
This is why I'm am trying ,I Love the Rev because of the great gas mileage and That the tires were 4 and not 6
I just could not afford $90,000 ,I did good to keep $60,000 in my budget.

Still happy with the RV
Not Dynamax's fault I know, but still hoping for help
as I did not know of problems with the Fabric before I bought.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:38 PM   #31

Quote:
Delco Bobby Do you work for Dynamax?
No, just another REV owner.

Old 02-21-2019, 08:31 AM   #32

Quote:
I know if i could have afforded a new Rev I would have bought new
This is why I'm am trying ,I Love the Rev because of the great gas mileage and That the tires were 4 and not 6
I just could not afford $90,000 ,I did good to keep $60,000 in my budget.

Still happy with the RV
Not Dynamax's fault I know, but still hoping for help
as I did not know of problems with the Fabric before I bought.
I am about to get a price at a upholstery shop locally and like to know if there's any chance to get the defected fabric replaced ?
If I knew that the fabric from China was defected I would have made sure that was replaced at purchase.

Thank you for any input
Old 02-21-2019, 07:23 PM   #33

That happened way too fast for it to be anything but a bad batch of vinyl. There was no bond to begin with and if it were related to products that came in contact with it, there would be some damage to the darker color as well. There is no way hair products or cleaning/treatment products got on the lite color only. That bad vinyl looks 20 years old already and if Florida's weather had something to do with it, we would see 10's of 1000's of RV's with the same problem. Not to mention all sorts of other vinyl products. The weather may have sped up the deterioration of a poorly manufactured product but it did not cause it.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:47 PM   #34

georgetown fabric

this a fact from williamsburg furniture. forest river purchased this cheap fabric and delivered to williamsburg furniture.
jrowe0521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:02 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrowe0521 View Post
this a fact from williamsburg furniture. forest river purchased this cheap fabric and delivered to williamsburg furniture.

There must have been a problem when the lot or lots of material were manufactured that no one knew of before hand. Well, maybe someone knew but failed to mention to a higher authority that something went wrong in the process. I would bet that the same material manufactured at a different time, either before or after something went wrong at the factory, would not have the same problem.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:18 PM   #36

[QUOTE=nolanfla;2023125]bclemens this was built in 2015, but the seats are falling apart. Very bad ,I had a motorhome that was 20 years old I traded and they were vinyl also but never fell apart
Is there anything you can do ?
Other then the seats the Rev is great

Our 2015 REV seats were the same. I started the conversation with BClemens last year and he sent me covers. After a couple of wrong ones I finally got replacements. The sofa covers were the same, the chairs are not the same, but close enough. You will need hog nose pliers and 100's of hog nose rings to recover the seats. Also, spray glue.

You are going to find that all of that upholstery used throughout the coach is going to do the same thing.

I went to Joanne fabric and bought several yards of brown fake leather and recovered the curved panels between the cab and coach. Also both ends of the sofa frame below the cushions. I just put it over the top of the other brown delaminating fabric. I removed each panel and used Gorilla Spray glue to glue the new fabric over the old. Then replaced it. I just started noticing that the brown fake leather in the valances is also starting to delaminate.
Tom-n-Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:18 PM   #37

This fabric problem is not limited to Forest River products. Many manufacturers experienced the same problem. And as stated on other threads household furniture has also flaked apart. Not limited to cheap furniture.

You can read the seat covering woes on Newmar, Tiffin and Thor forums to name a few.

From my experience in recovering worn pads in gyms it is important to remove the damaged material or at least cover the damaged parts with something smooth. Otherwise friction between the old material and the new will cause the new covering to break down.

Apparently no one has held the Chinese manufacturer responsible for this crap.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:51 AM   #38
Bob & Donna

I posted about this issue before. They recovered it under warranty with "Better stuff", their words. Within 10 months it started to peel again because they used the same crap as before. I talked to a Forest River rep at the Hersey RV show. He said he would pass the info on to the department that could assist in getting this issue resolved. That was 2 years ago and I haven't heard anything back. I have emailed him twice since, but still no reply. It doesn't speak very highly of Forest River customer service. There should be a law suit filed against Forest River or whoever is responsible for this obvious manufacturer defect.
BobandDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 08:35 AM   #39
DaLexusGuy

Quote:
It's hard to believe, that RV was expensive
Thank you for the repost if I bought a new car and this happened there would be a recall
I can't sit on the seats because it's all over me when I get up
Interesting Tidbit: "recalls" are strictly for safety and emission concerns. From time to time, manufacturers will take care of issues as a goodwill item, but technically not a "recall".
LeoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 12:19 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanfla
The parts fellow keeps asking me for my VIN number everytime i email him ,I would think he has that already , then I never here from him again

I am not sure whats going on .

Thank you
In theory I would agree, but these guys are dealing with 100's of requests per day. If you can put the VIN in the subject line of any correspondence it would eliminate the issue.

They likely have to order parts on this and that supplier was purchased. So it will take a bit of research.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.asp