Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2019, 09:12 AM   #441

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatudes View Post
5. Tank sizes?
6. Wheelbase?
7. Is there a newly designed easy to deploy/stow sofa Slide-a-Bed, not a hide-a-bed or a trifold as supplied in the past?
8. Any dimensions on the bays & bay-door openings?
9. Technology behind leveling system?
10. Can the areas surrounding tanks & plumbing accessible enough to get spray foam insulation?
11. If the outdoor kitchenette is not ordered, are there 110VAC & 12VDC outlets in the bay?
12. More detail on what is located in each bay on the driver's side?
13. Flooring options?
14. What BTU air units and manufacturer? Heat strips or heat pump?
15. Dual armrest driver/passenger chairs?
16. ?
. Here are the pics put on the FB post
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0AABF4E9-7B59-4918-971F-A07E649906C2.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	215819   Click image for larger version

Name:	D9BCA4DD-5D05-48FE-A749-0B479968D773.jpeg
Views:	104
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	215820   Click image for larger version

Name:	51FC605E-5F27-41E2-B9F2-E4D27E529998.jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	215821   Click image for larger version

Name:	3854FDAD-5616-47F1-BF7F-9E188C26188E.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	215822  
Jeep_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 01:01 PM   #442

17. Does the outdoor TV have a dedicated 120VAC outlet, HDMI & coax connection inside the compartment permanently connected to the TV or does one have connect cables outside every time it is used?
Magnatudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 01:05 PM   #443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_Life View Post
. Here are the pics put on the FB post
Too tight of a squeeze in my opinion. Especially if you have kids or a dog.
Old 09-26-2019, 01:30 PM   #444

Brian,
Good walk through on the video. Nice unit with great new features.

What is the manufacturer of the new mattress?

Thanks,
Pat.
Old 09-26-2019, 02:35 PM   #445
Commercial Member

To follow up on a whole list of random questions...
1. Batteries will be Relion. (4) of them. Two in the step well and (2) in a bolt on tray in the back of the step well.

2. Inverter/charger is the same that is in the 5 series. They already have a charging profile for lithium in their settings. it already is upgraded as it sits.

3. Should be on the website by the end of the month.

4. Dealers got pricing this week.

5 Fresh water is 78, black and gray are 45 each.

6. 217"

7. No, dinette, tri-fold sofa or recliners. I think the Trifold is pretty simple.

8. No...lots of storage though, all on the camp side. over 120 cu ft of storage.

9. Equalizer that we always use with app control.

10. anything is possible.

11. yes...110V at least, but those are inverted along with everything else.

12. pictures were posted on the FB page and someone reposted them here.

13. Shaw lino as shown.

14. 15k BTU heat pumps from Coleman Mach

15. No...door is the armrest, we then add an arm rest on inside of each seat. I had zero issues with the one I demo'd and will be taking the 28 out this weekend.

16. We talked about a door during a walk through today...but it would interfere with the bike rack. I actually felt like with the height of the storage door, I could lean in and get to the interior stuff. The 5 series is not as wide as some Class C's. I had good access from either side.

17. Outdoor TV has a dedicated 110V outlet and HDMI port behind a flip up weather proof door on the sidewall. We had run the HDMI to a laptop in the compartment. Not sure what you mean by "hooked up every time"...you still need to connect them to the TV.

As for tightness...A. I'm not saying it is "ideal" to have the slide in, just that It certainly can be used with the slide in. I have kids and a dog and have traveled with both...I think the 30FW is a little tighter and we got on just fine.

New mattress is Innomax.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RelionNewSeriesDataSheet_12V_050119.pdf (265.9 KB, 40 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 03:31 PM   #446

Brian,

Using the description in the video, is this the model of the bed?

https://www.innomax.com/product/free...i-air-air-bed/

Appreciate the constant innovation and improvements based on customer feedback.

Pat
Old 09-26-2019, 04:00 PM   #447

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post

7. No, dinette, tri-fold sofa or recliners. I think the Trifold is pretty simple.

8. No...lots of storage though, all on the camp side. over 120 cu ft of storage.

15. No...door is the armrest, we then add an arm rest on inside of each seat. I had zero issues with the one I demo'd and will be taking the 28 out this weekend.

16. We talked about a door during a walk through today...but it would interfere with the bike rack. I actually felt like with the height of the storage door, I could lean in and get to the interior stuff. The 5 series is not as wide as some Class C's. I had good access from either side.

17. Outdoor TV has a dedicated 110V outlet and HDMI port behind a flip up weather proof door on the sidewall. We had run the HDMI to a laptop in the compartment. Not sure what you mean by "hooked up every time"...you still need to connect them to the TV.

As for tightness...A. I'm not saying it is "ideal" to have the slide in, just that It certainly can be used with the slide in. I have kids and a dog and have traveled with both...I think the 30FW is a little tighter and we got on just fine.
7. Trifold is a PITA. You have to remove the split back cushions which are connected to each other (awkward) and place them somewhere to open up bed. Then you squeeze the back cushions back into the center. And the single stick supporting legs get loose. The footrests are difficult to close when using the couch. They should not be as wide so you can get in and out without struggling to retract them. That said, there are many "Slide-a-Bed designs" out there that are much easier to deal with.

8.Dimensions are important so the buyer can determine what size a chair, cooler, ladder, BBQ, table, toolbox, … can fit into these compartments.

15. This "door is the armrest" is another ridiculously uncomfortable thing for traveling long distances. DW hates them in our Ford Excursion, Isata 3. Any future MH we purchase will need to have dual armrests on both driver & passenger seat, especially if the seats swivel.

16. Our Isata 3 has a door in the center which is used more than the side doors. We even asked to have it hinged on the left for easier access from the camp side. The well in the center is deep and an ideal place for our Dometic 12VDC/110VAC frig freezer. Without that door it would be ridiculously crazy to get a brewski climbing thru a side door. We also have mounted a rod holder to the ceiling of this storage bay. In order to fit a 6 foot rods the rod holders have to be positioned pretty much in the center. Ceiling mounted saves space and the reels can hang down without interfering with the frig lid. Having these things in the center leave the side openings clear to insert large bulky things like chairs, BBQ, firewood,... The rear door also allows you to access stuff from the center without having to remove stuff form a side door to get access to it. The bike rack is nice but a quality aftermarket bike rack can be a hitch mounted and easily removable or swing down.

17. From the picture it appeared as it you have the TV plugged into the external outlet outside of the TV compartment.

Tightness, with the raised floor of the slide, the protruding countertop w/ dropdown extension & tabletop of the dinette, the narrow floorspace will likely force a retriever to walk backwards, or a waist challenged passenger to lean on something to get thru without snagging a shoe on the protruding slide floor they may forget about. I wonder how this would work with a sofa & table/s? This for a tradeoff to gain a clever wastebasket compartment? The flipup extension could be like it used to be, encroaching into the stepwell space like an Isata 3. Maybe incorporate a farm-type sink. I just think it is better to have an open walkway from front to back, not an obstacle course.

Nice prototype!
Old 09-26-2019, 04:11 PM   #448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatudes View Post
16. How does one get into the deep well center compartment when there is no door in the center where the bike rack is?

I say delete that kitchen put a full width slide tray on the upper deck, mount a nice bbq and large 2 burner stove like the old rocky mountain ones with a 3" +/- section of countertop, reverse the swing of the camp side door so it opens suicide. The door opens and out slides 8' of countertop with built in bbq and stove just under the end of the awning.

the camp side lower portion is for cooking utensils and paraphanalia.

Drivers side lower is just another compartment
V6TOY4X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 04:16 PM   #449

Still considering the dedicated inverter option to run AC while on the road for the Explorer? Are the engineers good with it?
slbco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 04:23 PM   #450
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalenss View Post
Brian,

Using the description in the video, is this the model of the bed?

https://www.innomax.com/product/free...i-air-air-bed/

Appreciate the constant innovation and improvements based on customer feedback.

Pat
Looks to be the one...They ship all rolled up in a box, so pretty cool.

Old 09-26-2019, 04:24 PM   #451
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slbco View Post
Still considering the dedicated inverter option to run AC while on the road for the Explorer? Are the engineers good with it?
We are...but would have to hand wire to start as the harnesses are not set up for it. Would take some time as the EE is still working on a lot of other changes. But, yes, I am confident we can get it to work.

Old 09-26-2019, 04:27 PM   #452
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6TOY4X View Post
I say delete that kitchen put a full width slide tray on the upper deck, mount a nice bbq and large 2 burner stove like the old rocky mountain ones with a 3" +/- section of countertop, reverse the swing of the camp side door so it opens suicide. The door opens and out slides 8' of countertop with built in bbq and stove just under the end of the awning.

the camp side lower portion is for cooking utensils and paraphanalia.

Drivers side lower is just another compartment
There is a reason they call them suicide doors....and with our paint, I don't think we plan on doing them. possibly ever, but could be longer.

Old 09-26-2019, 04:28 PM   #453

I like the idea of a rear center door. It was a good point. I for one could care less about the back rack. I agree hitch mount would be a fair trade off. Or put the bike rack in your toad. What was the overall (guesstimated) CCC after all loaded up?
Old 09-26-2019, 04:30 PM   #454
Commercial Member

We discussed bouncing the bike rack for a rear door...we'll see what the uptake is, but part of the issue was NOT having a toad. Use the bikes to get around.

CCC was discussed earlier in the thread in more detail, but 2800lbs is the short answer.

Old 09-26-2019, 04:32 PM   #455

Quote:
We discussed bouncing the bike rack for a rear door...we'll see what the uptake is, but part of the issue was NOT having a toad. Use the bikes to get around.

CCC was discussed earlier in the thread in more detail, but 2800lbs is the short answer.
I love having the rear door on mine. I use it a lot.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 04:37 PM   #456

Quote:

Thank you on the CCC I couldn’t find it and it was driving me nuts. MyJeep JKU will always be with me lol. Hence my two cents on the bike rack. Thank You for your patience and passion on this project. I’m sure we are driving you crazy.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:47 PM   #457

I would take a rear door vs bike rack as well and we are a biking family but to be honest that bike rack on Thule site doesn’t look conducive to hauling fat tire mountain bikes... I don’t think as well as carbon fibre bikes that you can’t grab from the frame on the top or at least don’t want to. I could be wrong but the best bike racks now grab the bikes by the front tire.

I think the rear door would make me more likely to take the outdoor kitchen slide as well having the ability to access the rear from both side and back rather than being stuck trying to get things that have shifted during travel to behind the fridge etc from the other entire side of the RV.
SteelStef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 05:15 PM   #458

18. Delete the cabinet next to the pantry and add counterspace get rid of 45 degree countertop protrusion but add just a couple inches toward the driver side where the sink is. For that matter, if you delete the pantry too you will gain a little more overhead storage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Countertop.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	215856   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sink.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	215857  
Old 09-26-2019, 08:26 PM   #459

Quote:
To follow up on a whole list of random questions...
1. Batteries will be Relion. (4) of them. Two in the step well and (2) in a bolt on tray in the back of the step well.

2. Inverter/charger is the same that is in the 5 series. They already have a charging profile for lithium in their settings. it already is upgraded as it sits.

3. Should be on the website by the end of the month.

4. Dealers got pricing this week.

5 Fresh water is 78, black and gray are 45 each.

6. 217"

9. Equalizer that we always use with app control.

10. anything is possible.

11. yes...110V at least, but those are inverted along with everything else.

12. pictures were posted on the FB page and someone reposted them here.

13. Shaw lino as shown.

14. 15k BTU heat pumps from Coleman Mach

New mattress is Innomax.
Solar panels info? Brand watts etc.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:01 PM   #460

Quote:
There is a reason they call them suicide doors....and with our paint, I don't think we plan on doing them. possibly ever, but could be longer.

Sorry I did not mean that as something you would be doing, I meant that is what i am going to do after I pick one of these up!
V6TOY4X is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed