Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2019, 06:14 PM   #61

Truck campers may be shorter than 30’ but they are not good for traveling because there is no access to the camper. I believe more people would be interested in a shorter diesel motor home than are interested in truck campers. Sales figures should confirm this.
hpdrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 06:57 PM   #62

I like both floor plans. I would likely choose the single slide option with more basement storage and extra CCC. The 12v air conditioner is EXACTLY what the Dr ordered! Delete the generator, get the large fuel tanks and maybe an aqua hot D for heat? With lithium and solar could maybe delete the propane as well. I know there is a market for QUALITY shorter motorhomes. My Dynaquest 320 sold in just 6 weeks on the market and had over 2400 views in RV trader.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:25 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Nice photoshop. That doesn't even look like our plant, or our product, or our floor, or paint...pfffffttttt.
Brian,
I just got around to this thread. And I am only thru half of this thread but I can see by the amount of responses so far that I was right over a year ago when I recommended that you should revive the Dynaquest ST 264. This is something that has been missing in the market for far too long. Dunno if anyone has pointed this out to you yet, before I get thru the rest of this thread, but that photo is a Dynamax product, not photoshopped.

Here is another reference with more detail.

I still think you should resurrect the ST line. Much of the engineering is already there. I am still in favor of the ST264 single slide fixed bed.

My Country Coach was all airbag front & rear, HWH auto leveling, lift for clearance, lower for entry and air ride.

Meritor 4x4 front axle, disc air brakes is available for the M2.

I'll be sure to chime in as I go thru this thread completely before I get to replies. Glad to see you are on this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	198100   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	198101   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	198102  
Magnatudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:53 PM   #64

Quote:

We will be looking at a shorter M2, but that will be another thread for another day once I get a floor plan I like.

Higher ground clearance, powered driver & passenger seats with air lumbar & long armrests on both sides, articulating dinette table mount with hinged tabletop as in a Tiffin Allegro Breeze 28BR or Mammoth camper to make the conversion to a bed easy, U shaped dinette with bed long enough to fit 6'-2" tall person, air bags for auto leveling, heated tank area for all tanks, 100 gals fuel, 10 lug wheels, air brakes, Dynaquest 304xl styled roofline with integrated power awning, bay doors & flip up windows like you see on the 304xl, shower stall with integrated seat for the ladies, pass thru rear storage similar to Isata3 RW, HDTV overhead mounted on articulating arm in cab with video input for Remote display of GPS, Internet or selectable camera display with driver control (could be more toward passenger side for better viewing from slideout), exterior BBQ quick connect, minimal Cummins 325HP & of course 27'-5" bumper to bumper.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	111-1146_IMG.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	198113   Click image for larger version

Name:	1_2321_1555013_27744627.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	198114   Click image for larger version

Name:	1_2321_1555013_27744626.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	198115   Click image for larger version

Name:	Superior Seat 694_100_4940.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	198117  
Old 03-04-2019, 08:29 PM   #65
Commercial Member

lol...I am aware that photo is a Dynamax product, I was simply joking with FOURHL for calling us out on it.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:53 PM   #66

Quote:
lol...I am aware that photo is a Dynamax product, I was simply joking with FOURHL for calling us out on it.
I am just trying to help out. Did not know if you were aware of it. But seriously, that tall front cap on the 304xl would be good for an overhead TV that I mentioned above and could be more storage for do-dads & what-nots. I hope you don't mind me posting all of my ideas. The S2RV is a good thought too with 22.5" wheels. I need to do more research on that.

I sure am glad to see all of this thinking you are affording this.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:17 PM   #67

Brian,
the 190" wheelbase works better for going down rough trails especially moguls, less chance to bottom out the generator. However, you end up with a longer tail overhang that could bottom out on steep upgrades. Was the wheelbase on the 304XL 190" or 212"..

The style of the high sides on the roof of the 304xl it seems that this would act like gutters and route rain water toward the rear away from water running down the sides leaving nuisance streaking marks.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:38 PM   #68

Sarcasm is all but lost on the internet
Old 03-04-2019, 09:42 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
Sarcasm is all but lost on the internet
You should look at this thread on the Dynamax forum. I am not sure which one it is but it had something to do with a short I5...
Coolbaldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:51 PM   #70

Quote:
1. The 4" step up is for plumbing....but if we choose that floor plan, I would likely try and find a different solution.

2. It is going to be tight between the dinette and galley. That however is the nature of the beast to get maximum size on both. On the 30FW, the recliners actually don't stick out as much as I recall climbing to the bathroom by stepping on the slide floor to get to the back.
Thank you.
content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:15 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo45 View Post
Looking for a diesel less than 30’ with more CCC than my I3.
X2
Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:12 AM   #72

How soon could one of these be available?
content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:16 AM   #73
Commercial Member

If we proto-typed something in the fall, you would be looking at Spring of 2020.

Old 03-05-2019, 10:31 AM   #74

After a closer look of the photos of the 304xl, it appears that it has 22.5" wheels in front & 19.5" wheels in the rear. I now vaguely recall seeing a photo of that white (no custom paint) 304xl before I believe in this forum. It seems that someone mentioned it was a 4x4.

It would be nice if axle ratios could be specified and front suspension could be independent with airbags instead of straight axle. With airbags you eliminate the clearance issue with jacks and you don't have to worry about where you land the jacks.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:33 AM   #75

Just thinking out loud... what about using a truck bed liner type product for exterior finish or even a insulating product like rhinoshield. No worries about tree branch scratches and has some thermal insulating properties. Might actually be less cost in production.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:04 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolbaldguy View Post
Just thinking out loud... what about using a truck bed liner type product for exterior finish or even a insulating product like rhinoshield. No worries about tree branch scratches and has some thermal insulating properties. Might actually be less cost in production.
I have Rhinoliner mixed with a paint color on the gunnels, deck & roof on my boat. It's been solid since 2006. Good idea for places where stone damage can occur.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:10 PM   #77

Weight a minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolbaldguy View Post
Wouldn't that add a LOT of weight?

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:13 PM   #78

Brian,

Without getting too critical with the graphic tools, and not having a to-scale drawing, I took the liberty to hack one of your proposed floorplans and came up with this. Just call me a hack, I can handle it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Concept 2.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	198149  
Old 03-05-2019, 02:42 PM   #79
Commercial Member

lol...well, I feel sorry for anyone that has to get into the shower.

Also, the sliding door being in the slide means that it will be about 6-8" off of the floor and about 10" from the ceiling...so it would be more of a saloon door. No walk around for the back side of the bed either. But if it was easy, everyone would do it

Old 03-05-2019, 02:54 PM   #80

Quote:
If we proto-typed something in the fall, you would be looking at Spring of 2020.
If you prototype on an M2 or S2RV, I would like to have Right to First Refusal.

Tags
bed