Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2019, 10:41 AM   #61

My impression based upon looking extensively at used coaches is that across the industry, manufacturers are placing kitchens on slides less frequently now than they were several years ago. Whether this is in response to realized problems or to market forces, I have no idea. Speaking for myself, when I see a floorplan with no moving plumbing, I think of it as a more robust/reliable design as opposed to ones that have kitchens or bathrooms on slides.
Rumline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:16 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Yes, we offer cab-overs on just about everything.

Also, we try and standardize our furniture. So if you see a sofa...or dinette, know that our plan is to offer Sofa/Dinette/Recliners. take your pick.

This is a quick layout using today's components.
Make it a full-size hide-a bed instead of a queen w/Lagun tables

Move rear slideout to the back of coach for full time bed(i.e. Isata 3 RW)

Forget about residential frig or 4 door 2-way. Use 9 or 10cuft with 110VAC/12VDC power in bay for portable frig on slide.

Raise house floor for taller storage bays & larger tanks.

Shrink overall length to 28-29ft bumper to bumper.
Magnatudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:59 AM   #63

The layout below shortens the overall length approximately 12-14". If the front slide is changed to a 68" hide-a bed and the frig to a 9cuft it'll gain another 8". Tweak the throne & lav sink area a bit & you just shortened overall to 29ft. Raise the house floor for taller external storage & taller tanks. Move the propane tank between the rails like Renegade does (frig & ext. grill), add smaller hydronics unit that can utilize engine heat waste to heat house with distributed heat exchangers, wet bays & tanks, and provide continuous hot water. Eliminate Truma & propane furnace. Keep the wheelbase between 190-210" & minimize rear overhang. I did not play with overhead storage, windows or wardrobes in the bedroom nor did I check scale of bed width.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Brian Clemons first M2 shortened.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	184.3 KB
ID:	211734  
Old 08-21-2019, 07:55 PM   #64

Brian, it's been a while. Any updates/progress on this? Thanx.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:38 AM   #65
Commercial Member

Unit is in paint right now. So the next time it will be seen is likely late Sept in a live walk through on FB.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 10:48 AM   #66

So what are the details? Length and layout? Cant wait to see it!
KAT-A-TONIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:05 AM   #67

Quote:
Unit is in paint right now. So the next time it will be seen is likely late Sept in a live walk through on FB.

M2 or Istata 5??
V6TOY4X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 12:13 PM   #68
Commercial Member

Sorry, sorry...I was thinking Isata 5 series since we have a thread on that one too that starts with the word "Short". We're knee deep in the Ram, so that is what's on my mind.

I likely won't have any more details until next year on a short M2.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:33 PM   #69

Brian, I can't remember which thread we were on discussing AquaHot so I will just use this one to continue that discussion. I have been researching other MH manufacturers to see what they do regarding extreme weather solutions. The last time you and I were on the topic of AquaHot/Oasis hydronics, you left us with possibly incorporating a AquaHot 450D into the M2 solution. I questioned why not a 250D. After looking at a multitude of high-end class A coaches, I am convinced that the way to do this is to completely enclose all tanks and water lines in completely sealed & insulated compartments that are heated by a hydronic unit with dual electrical heating elements. The guiding principle would be that the coach could be stored in the winter in a barn or storage facility plugged into shore power with the hydronics turned on with no worries about winterizing anything and without the need to heat a complete storage building. In the event of a power outage, the diesel boiler would fire up. If we can accomplish this, the on-road is obviously solved as well. Some of the Class A offer what they call "four season" options that include heated belly storage, bath cabinet, shower wall plumbing, kitchen sink cabinet & underbed tank. Heating the coach would be less expensive than insulating and heating a complete barn or storage facility. And the MH would always be ready to rock & roll. Maybe in this scenario, the AquaHot 450D or Oasis with a zone setup for winter protection is the right size to ensure the temp is above freezing throughout. Build tanks, raceways, cabinets & belly storage with this in mind and offer option for hydronics.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:27 PM   #70

How about this floorplan? Has both, a dinette & sofa sleeper. Maybe put the dinette on the camp side instead and pop a side window into the slide for the sofa sleeper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Thor Magnitude XG32 Floorplan.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	214349  
Old 09-06-2019, 03:36 PM   #71

Thor Omni? 33'-6" no?
Old 09-06-2019, 03:41 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6TOY4X View Post
Thor Omni? 33'-6" no?
Thor Magnitude XG32 Ford F550 4x4 which accounts for the 33'-6". How much shorter is an M2?
Old 09-06-2019, 05:58 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatudes View Post
How about this floorplan? Has both, a dinette & sofa sleeper. Maybe put the dinette on the camp side instead and pop a side window into the slide for the sofa sleeper.
Now there is a floor plan I like. Especially if the dinette moves to the camp site side!!
Coolbaldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 07:02 PM   #74
Commercial Member

The problem with moving the dinette to the campsite is "depth". A sofa is not as deep as a dinette. So by putting it on the kitchen side, you can kick out the counter giving you more counter space. If you put the sofa over there, it would come up short and then the dinette on the camp-side would stick further into the room and likely give no room to get by when the slide is in.

The cab on the M2 os 106". No idea on the Ford F550

Old 09-06-2019, 07:04 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatudes View Post

replace dinette with sofa
delete theater seating
move steps up to behind the cab
refrigerator next to steps
this shortens it by 24-30" plus however much the M2 is shorter than the F550

swivel cab seats for seating 4
Old 09-06-2019, 07:08 PM   #76

F550 cab 123.7
Old 09-06-2019, 07:14 PM   #77
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6TOY4X View Post
replace dinette with sofa
delete theater seating
move steps up to behind the cab
refrigerator next to steps
this shortens it by 24-30" plus however much the M2 is shorter than the F550

swivel cab seats for seating 4
Your kitchen counter would likely prevent you from getting to the bathroom in that case. Too tight with the slide in as it would be opposite the bath wall (moved down 24")

Old 09-06-2019, 07:21 PM   #78

Quote:
Your kitchen counter would likely prevent you from getting to the bathroom in that case. Too tight with the slide in as it would be opposite the bath wall (moved down 24")

straighten out the sink and cook top so they are standard 24" deep then the restroom sliding down has it in front of sink and cook top as opposed to cooktop and refer?
Old 09-06-2019, 07:21 PM   #79

Quote:
The problem with moving the dinette to the campsite is "depth". A sofa is not as deep as a dinette. So by putting it on the kitchen side, you can kick out the counter giving you more counter space. If you put the sofa over there, it would come up short and then the dinette on the camp-side would stick further into the room and likely give no room to get by when the slide is in.

The cab on the M2 os 106". No idea on the Ford F550
Instead of a booth dinette do a simple credenza dinette. At least you then have a place to dine that does not need to be torn down to make room for the sofa sleeper. Or do something that could incorporate the passenger seat as one of the dining seats. Maybe a movable Euro recliner for the second dining seat. Table on a swivel.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:22 PM   #80

flip flop toilet and shower to get door further down to insure across from cooktop?

Tags
bed