Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2019, 03:36 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Short M2 with All-Time Bed

Since we kept getting off track with the 5500, here is a nice clean shiney thread for all the short M2 suggestions.

I also have a floor plan as a starting point. I think without the rear truck, this could come in at 30' exactly. tip to tip.

There are a few deal breakers that I would not entertain.

1.Needs to be a walk around bed. I would not entertain a corner bed or twins at this time.

2. It has to have a down bed. If your "ideal" floor plan is just the cab over as the main bed, that is not something we would build. That would lend itself more to a truck camper.

Beyond that, I'm open. While we do not have an "active" project in place, a shorter M2 is next on the list.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 4.31.58 P.png
Views:	682
Size:	250.8 KB
ID:	206935  

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 05:09 PM   #2

Excellent Floorplan but would remove all carpeting. I think you should also consider adding a cab over bed or entertainment center option.
hpdrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 05:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpdrver View Post
Excellent Floorplan but would remove all carpeting.
X2
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 05:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpdrver View Post
Excellent Floorplan but would remove all carpeting.
x3

This is the older floor plan of a DQ300ST. I know that the newer ones (2014) had a pocket door between the bedroom & the bathroom area.

I submit that this floor plan be made available as a Dynaquest 300XL, taller storage bays, 22.5" tires/wheels, L9 option,...

And is it possible to change the shower stall to the type used in other Dynamax models that have an intergral molded seat.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1632 - brite.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	400.9 KB
ID:	206955   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dynaquest XL 300 Brochure Pic.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	206956   Click image for larger version

Name:	5c0626d5af3da119da79c140.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	206959  
Attached Images

Magnatudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:14 PM   #5

How about some brand new "shiny" ideas.

In the floorplan below, add a couple slideouts.
Master bedroom on a driver-side slideout.

Use this same shower w/integral seat & use the idea of access to private bedroom along the side of the coach.

Put the sofabed on a wider front driver-side slideout.

Entry door can be moved if necessary by swapping location with fridge/pantry. Fridge & pantry could be place on a wider passenger-side slideout with dinette area if entry is relocated more toward center of coach. Closet could be made accessible from entry stairs or angled corridor.

Provide an optional dinette with two small movable reclining seats and a small easily collapsible table on the passenger side (maybe even on an optional slideout).

Place a deep double sink against the short wall of the bathroom with flip-up counter extension and place the stovetop on the wider front slideout next to the sofabed. (Similar to Nexus Ghost 33DS)

Consider utilizing hydraulic slideouts in lieu of those questionable electric type.

HWH airbag leveling w/ dump & w/5MPH raise override function for increasing clearance

Large overhead flat screen TV/monitor centered above driver/passenger on articulating arm. Feed GPS, cameras, as well as Sat, chassis entertainment video, & PC video to this split screen monitor.

Sliding battery trays

Pass-thru storage for long objects such as a ladder, kayak, fishing rods, portable table, a couple zero-gravity recliners,...
Extreme weather spray-foam enclosed insulation, heated bays, Aqua-Hot,...

And yes, this will have a larger price tag, but how many folks out there are already paying a high price for those gihugous land yachts?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Another floorplan.JPG
Views:	346
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	206960  
Old 06-10-2019, 08:38 PM   #6

I would eliminate the carpeting and have the bedroom slide come out the back like the Isata3RW. In fact I think the Isata3RW is the perfect floor plan. Just stretch it it out to 30’ and make the shower bigger.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:49 PM   #7
Commercial Member

FYi, just ignore the carpet. That was an old print, we only do tile/lino throughout now.

Try this.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	InkedScreen Shot 2019-06-10 at 4.31.58 P_LI.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	482.1 KB
ID:	206999  

Old 06-10-2019, 09:38 PM   #8

This may seem weird, but what if the dinette/couch had a flipdown bunk like the, now discontinued, Isata 5 bunkhouse model? The bottom could be a couch/dinette during the day and convert to a bunk at night. Even a set of reclining theater seats would be great. With an over cab bunk, twin bunks on the side, and a queen or king bed in the rear, you'd have sleeping for six, under 30', 4x4, and diesel. Make sure the pocket door is there to separate the master bedroom from the kids and you'd have my dream rig.

The mods i would typically do include solar and extra house batteries, but I'd figure those out if they weren't offered.

Excited by this. Go for it
Goatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:08 AM   #9

Subscribed. Curious to see how this progresses.

I think the M2 has some significant form factor advantages as described below, some of which were copied from the "Short Isata 5" thread.

1. M2 would allow the driver and passenger seats to swivel and join the living area. In a shorter plan with dinette only, it would be very nice to have that additional seating.
  2. M2 would allow easier access to the living area without the slight twist, kneel, squat needed in the Ram chassis.
  3. M2 would allow passengers in living area to see out front windows and look eye-to-eye with driver.
  4. M2 would give greater CCC

However, it is tough that the M2 chassis is $56k MSRP more than the Ram, as Brian shared in the "Short Isata 5" thread. That is a big difference and I understand why Brian and Dynamax want to hit lower price points.

One way I try to justify that higher price of the M2 is say you keep the rig 5 years, and when you sell it you recoup 50% of the MSRP difference (50% of $56k = $28K), then in effect it cost you an extra $28k to have the M2, or say $6k/year. (That is what I am telling myself! )

I am also a big fan of Ram trucks, and currently own a 2500. I just think some of the main reasons for a motorhome are #1-3 above, and the Ram chassis doesn't serve those functions as well.

It would be nice if there was a value-engineered M2 or S2RV that allowed Dynamax to significantly reduce the price point difference vs. the Ram chassis.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:55 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatudes View Post
How about some brand new "shiny" ideas.

In the floorplan below, add a couple slideouts.
Master bedroom on a driver-side slideout.

Use this same shower w/integral seat & use the idea of access to private bedroom along the side of the coach.

Put the sofabed on a wider front driver-side slideout.

Entry door can be moved if necessary by swapping location with fridge/pantry. Fridge & pantry could be place on a wider passenger-side slideout with dinette area if entry is relocated more toward center of coach. Closet could be made accessible from entry stairs or angled corridor.

Provide an optional dinette with two small movable reclining seats and a small easily collapsible table on the passenger side (maybe even on an optional slideout).

Place a deep double sink against the short wall of the bathroom with flip-up counter extension and place the stovetop on the wider front slideout next to the sofabed. (Similar to Nexus Ghost 33DS)

Consider utilizing hydraulic slideouts in lieu of those questionable electric type.

HWH airbag leveling w/ dump & w/5MPH raise override function for increasing clearance

Large overhead flat screen TV/monitor centered above driver/passenger on articulating arm. Feed GPS, cameras, as well as Sat, chassis entertainment video, & PC video to this split screen monitor.

Sliding battery trays

Pass-thru storage for long objects such as a ladder, kayak, fishing rods, portable table, a couple zero-gravity recliners,...
Extreme weather spray-foam enclosed insulation, heated bays, Aqua-Hot,...

And yes, this will have a larger price tag, but how many folks out there are already paying a high price for those gihugous land yachts?

This is an excellent floor plan! I love the fixed bed, single slide, entertainment center, no carpet and most of all this leaves room under the rear section for the large pass through compartment!
Old 06-11-2019, 10:02 AM   #11
Consumer of Space

I would like to see the door moved to a hallway Left turn for bedroom, right for living space, maybe straight for bath. The purpose being to allow more wall / counter space for living area and incorporating a slightly wider hallway.

Remove the pantry and give it to counter space unless you go with frameless cabinet to maximize space use.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:23 AM   #12
Commercial Member

What floor plan is this from? At least then we can look at some dimensions to see the starting point.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:54 AM   #13

All good ideas^^^^. I will be watching this thread closely. Some of the things I would like to see (not sure if they are possible) 1. bed room slide out of the rear. 2. Large drivers side slide. 3. Get the dinette table on the passenger (campsite side) with big window.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:28 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
What floor plan is this from? At least then we can look at some dimensions to see the starting point.
This is the one I was commenting on...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Another floorplan.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	207049  
Old 06-11-2019, 02:26 PM   #15
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratbros View Post
This is the one I was commenting on...
That I knew...I was more asking where magnitudes got it, so I can see specs.

TTIWWS. (specs instead of pictures

PS. The issue with a slide out the back, is doing that with a full fiberglass cap. The cap pretty much has to be designed that way from the start for that.

We'll be testing a new two piece set up on the new 5 series...we'll see how that turns out. For a 4x4 off the grid type of vehicle, I would like to be able to send a brand new fully paint rear bumper that can be swapped out for far less than repairing the existing one.

Old 06-11-2019, 09:37 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Brian, I have no dimensioned drawing of that layout. I suspect it is a 33ft. I was not intending to say this is a layout for a 30ft but it was my intent to provide some alternate ideas for a layout, side corridor, shower stall w/ seat, smaller dinette table w/ possibly euro style movable recliner chairs, smaller sleeper, and a deep double sink with stovetop on a slideout similar to the Ghost. I no longer have CAD software here nor scaled objects to work out a scaled floorplan. Maybe someday I'll get more energetic and pick up a copy of AutoCAD.

Another thought,... a while back I brought up a floorplan for a Renegade Vienna 25VQRS which has a rear slideout with queen bed that does not fold in half when the slide is retracted. It's a Sprinter so it's not the answer but the idea seems useful. The sofa sleeper is 48" wide. With that floorplan on a M2-106 would make the overall length 25'-26'. So we have 4 feet to go to stay within 30ft. So the fridge can be larger, a cleverly design small dinette area could be placed where the stepwell is on this floorplan, utilizing the passenger seat as a third place setting. Center the stepwell next to the fridge and change the shower stall into one with a seat.

Or some trick swinging tabletops on say a Lagun articulating mounts behind the driver & passenger seats could create two dining/laptop areas with movable euro reclining chairs on one side & use the swiveled driver/passenger chairs on the other.

Renegade Vienna 25VQRS floorplan:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	floorplan.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	207080  
Old 06-12-2019, 07:47 AM   #17
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatudes View Post
Brian, I have no dimensioned drawing of that layout. I suspect it is a 33ft. I was not intending to say this is a layout for a 30ft but it was my intent to provide some alternate ideas for a layout, side corridor, shower stall w/ seat, smaller dinette table w/ possibly euro style movable recliner chairs, smaller sleeper, and a deep double sink with stovetop on a slideout similar to the Ghost. I no longer have CAD software here nor scaled objects to work out a scaled floorplan. Maybe someday I'll get more energetic and pick up a copy of AutoCAD.

Another thought,... a while back I brought up a floorplan for a Renegade Vienna 25VQRS which has a rear slideout with queen bed that does not fold in half when the slide is retracted. It's a Sprinter so it's not the answer but the idea seems useful. The sofa sleeper is 48" wide. With that floorplan on a M2-106 would make the overall length 25'-26'. So we have 4 feet to go to stay within 30ft. So the fridge can be larger, a cleverly design small dinette area could be placed where the stepwell is on this floorplan, utilizing the passenger seat as a third place setting. Center the stepwell next to the fridge and change the shower stall into one with a seat.

Or some trick swinging tabletops on say a Lagun articulating mounts behind the driver & passenger seats could create two dining/laptop areas with movable euro reclining chairs on one side & use the swiveled driver/passenger chairs on the other.

Renegade Vienna 25VQRS floorplan:
Yes, but do you know where you got it? What OEM?

Old 06-12-2019, 09:28 AM   #18

Tank Sizing

This would not just apply to the short M2 project, but to all builds. Is there any reason you cant do 60/40 gray to black tank capacity? I sometimes boondock 9 days straight, and the biggest challenge is gray water management. I end up doing all the tricks to extend it, but it seems that having a larger gray capacity would be a great place to start.

It would be even more applicable to rigs that have lower capacity to begin with.
KAT-A-TONIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:38 AM   #19
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-A-TONIC View Post
This would not just apply to the short M2 project, but to all builds. Is there any reason you cant do 60/40 gray to black tank capacity? I sometimes boondock 9 days straight, and the biggest challenge is gray water management. I end up doing all the tricks to extend it, but it seems that having a larger gray capacity would be a great place to start.

It would be even more applicable to rigs that have lower capacity to begin with.
Multiple reasons.
1. standardization. By using the same size tanks it's one less part to stock. Also, by standardizing the size, we can shift bathrooms around and the tanks can remain. So if we have a mid-bath, the front can be black, rear gray. If we do rear bath, then the front can be gray and the rear black. If you make them different, when you start moving things around you also have to start changing tank locations, mounts, etc.

2. While in your mind that make sense, I have heard from people just the opposite as well. Why is the gray tank as large as the black?....it's just gray water and I can let some out when we are boondocking on our property or back in the sticks. I am certainly not agreeing with that notion, but some people do it. Some people I know, crack the gray open a teeny bit and will let it run out on the road when they travel.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:55 AM   #20

We like the idea of a wardrobe slide to give more room in bedroom while stopped. That is our biggest complaint in our 27K (other than the F53 problems).

Frank
FrankMor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed