Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2018, 12:49 AM   #1

Shortest Punch List ever...

We've taken delivery of several new motorhomes over the years from P/U campers to 44' buses, one of them was an Allegro bus and they've got some pretty good post sales support and they build a fine coach. I gotta say I'm impressed with this Isata 5. We've only had it a week. Most of that time was spent adding shelves to cupboards, hooks and such and loading up our stuff from the last motorhome. But finally today we are on an inaugural two night camping 'test' about an hours drive or so from home. It drives and handles very nice, very solid feel on the road, stays in her own lane and has more than enough power. We both love the coach and are just beginning to figure out some of the really cool technology and features on board. I was just going through that PDI checklist (that I forget who posted on this forum) and I can only count 11 or 12 punch list items. That's gotta be a record low for us, and importantly none of them are show stoppers, none of them really interfere with the use of the coach and I suspect that between the dealer, me and the factory we'll get them all fixed in the next month or two.

If you are reading this and are about to take delivery of your coach my advise to you would be to have patience and remain calm, it's not as bad as you might think. I've had issues like 'shore power doesn't work', 'toilet won't flush', 'dead battery', 'truck wouldn't start', 'generator wouldn't start', and all of those problems and a few more were either operator error or simple things that just happen. Within a few hours or days I had them all fixed.

I say kudos to the team building these Dynamax coaches. Hat's off to you all, well done.

Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:22 AM   #2

Great post and a "Happy Customer" good luck in your travels.
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:11 AM   #3

Great to hear. Hope you have continued enjoyment as you get to know the coach