Old 05-17-2019, 12:39 AM   #1

Shower mixing valve in DX3

Anyone having a problem with cold water with hot water in the shower?

timf1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:06 AM   #2
GM

I have not heard of any on the DX3....the Aquahot is "water priority" as in it will heat the water before it tries to heat up the furnace. (if one has to give).

I see this a lot on the Truma, when people forget to undo the water heater bypass...but (and I should know this) I don't think we bypass the AH, because there is no tank. If there are no issues anywhere else (IE kitchen faucet, nav faucet) I would suspect a kinked line or maybe a bad mixing valve. I just don't think I have ever seen one.

Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 04:11 PM   #3

I have had this happen when the AquaHot is on electric only. Now we kick the burner on for showers. Haven't had the going cold issue since.

We shut the burner off after showers and leave the electric on 100% of the time even when the burner is on.
Old 05-17-2019, 04:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by timf1959 View Post
Anyone having a problem with cold water with hot water in the shower?
We do the same as Ken Redburn above. However, we did have an AquaHot malfunctioning Control Board in that the burner would only fire once and not re-fire. Then we had cold water to the limits of the electric portion. Called Aquahot and a mobile tech came over and replaced the control board under warranty except for his service call charge. Never anymore problem.
rskeans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:43 PM   #5

rskeans I'm having the exact same issue you described on my 2016 DX3.. Fires right up and runs fine, take showers go to sleep and wake up next morning and no hot water.. Burner will not light off again.. Let it set for a few hours and it will light again.. But no weird lights on the control board. To look at it, everything looks fine..

2016 Dynamax DX3 37BH
2015 Jeep JKU
jtad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:16 PM   #6

Go to the AquaHot web site and check out I think support. Look for mobile repair service. It might be worth a try.
rskeans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 07:54 AM   #7

I've had good luck with hard resets using the coach disconnect when my aqua hot starts acting weird.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:18 PM   #8

We are In Utah, high water pressure at RV parks. Forgot to hook up pressure valve at first stop, that’s when water in shower went from hot to cold to hot.I thought it might be a bad mixing valve.Went to the forums and red about high pressure water at parks and was bypassing the valve somehow.Next stop put on my pressure valve at 40 and a have hot water now.what gives?

timf1959 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show, shower, valve