Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2018, 02:02 PM   #1

Smile Sirius XM Activation

My Isata3 comes equipped with Tuner and Antenna. Is there additional setup needed to get the radio activated as the SiriusXM touch screen app is non-responsive. Thanks for any help.

2018 Isata3 FWM//13 April 2018
Retired Army CWO
ferrisjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 02:33 PM   #2
Site Team

Your radio is probably Sirius-READY. Meaning that you have to open up an account with Sirius, in order to have programming.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 04:06 PM   #3

Smile

I apologize, I should have mentioned that I tried to activate via SirusXM customer support to no avail. They stated my VIN is not associated with any tuner. This tells me that either additional installation setup is required by the dealer or that I was given a sales pitch. I have either installed XM tuners inside my cars in years past or have activated those in cars so equipped without problem. I guess I was wondering if on RV's this procedure is a bit different since this is my first and I am still learning. Thanks again.
Old 10-13-2018, 04:55 PM   #4

it sounds like it was not what you ‘expected’, as RVs don’t typical come with an installed satelllite radio or antenna, but only radio ‘ready’: you purchase a radio unit, which is installed usually behind your current radio unit, if you wish, and your RVs unit/screen can then PLAY it - “plug and play”...

satellite ‘Ready’ wording is the confusing part, but simply it just means that the RV’s radio/screen is ‘ready’ to accept and play your aftermarket satellite unit’s output... : )
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 08:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrisjc View Post
They stated my VIN is not associated with any tuner.
I'm not familiar with the Isata 3, but on mine when selecting the Sirius option I was able to see the Sirus tuner number. That is what they want. The VIN is independent of the Sirius number. Then I had to call Sirius and get it turned on.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrisjc View Post
I apologize, I should have mentioned that I tried to activate via SirusXM customer support to no avail. They stated my VIN is not associated with any tuner. This tells me that either additional installation setup is required by the dealer or that I was given a sales pitch. I have either installed XM tuners inside my cars in years past or have activated those in cars so equipped without problem. I guess I was wondering if on RV's this procedure is a bit different since this is my first and I am still learning. Thanks again.

They couldn’t find my VIN in their system. Turned out my radio was not Siri’s capable. I thought it was because the Sirius literature was in the glove box.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 02:54 AM   #7

I have a 2017 Isata 3 which had the Sony head unit. Mine already had the Sirius app installed and I just added it to my existing Sirius account with no problems. I know they changed to an Xcite? Head unit later on and i don’t know if Sirius was standard feature. Hopefully someone with a newer Isata 3 can comment.
Old 10-14-2018, 10:57 AM   #8

The oem headunit has been replaced by an upgraded one - you can’t use the VIN as a guide for this. You need to read the manual for your radio and find the activation code instructions. Then call Sirius and give them that number.

FYI reception is horrible in the Isata 3 - so factor that into your decision.
slimetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 04:34 PM   #9

Smile

Thanks for all the replies. I am still awaiting reply from Dynamax themselves. I agree with others that XM ready only implies certain things. Within the Dynamax purchase it stated expressly that the rig comes equipped with both tuner and antenna. Shouldn't be a problem that it has turned out to be. Originally, after purchase back in April 2018 I just used the Sirius app on my phone and Bluetooth to make the connection. Worked just fine and didn't accrue any extra cost than what I already had been paying Sirius or Sprint for my other subscriptions. Problem with Sprint cell phone coverage is that it doesn't overlap very well and even within my base state of Arizona the phone occasionally goes silent and roaming rates start up. Once those minutes are exhausted then extra cost comes on. On a trip up to Minnesota this happened often. End result was that it would be cheaper to get another subscription to SiriusXM. The one person who stated that Isata 3 owners get terrible reception was spot on hence all the wrangling to get decent coverage while on the road. I know this isn't the normal problems that many of us have had with new RV's so again I appreciate folks taking the time to reply.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:25 AM   #10
Commercial Member

Slimetime is spot on....your tuner would not be VIN specific since these are aftermarket radios.

If you go to the Sirius screen, channel 1, I think you get the tuner serial number. I do know, that at times, the connection from the tuner/antenna has been a fickle connection and has worked its way loose. Might need to have the radio pulled to verify that connection and make sure it is sound.

What radio do you have?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 06:54 PM   #11

Smile

Thanks for the replies especially considering the connection problem from the Sirius Tuner to radio. Having a Kenwood radio I think the connection problem is the one that I need to pursue with the dealer as bclemens mentions. Thanks again for all assistance. Will let you know if another issue caused this but I think the problem is related to the tuner not being properly hooked up to the Kenwood head unit. Everything else is in place just a few things possibly left undone during the manufacturing process and quality assurance phase.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:01 PM   #12

Just a side note you can bargain with them, they hit me up for something like $450 plus bucks for my Ford F350 and I laughed and after some bargaining back and forth I ended up getting two years at $185.00 per year all channels plus traffic updates. I had to pay for both years at one time but plain to anyway.
2014 F350 / 2015 CC 36 CKTS
Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote