Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2017, 08:59 PM   #1

Sirius XM Poor Reception

We recently purchased a 2018 Isata 3. We love it. However, we are disappointed with the reception of the Sirius XM radio. The reception goes in and out constantly. It seems that the antenna placement is the problem - we have the cabover bunk and it appears to block reception. Have others experienced the same thing? If so, can anything be done to correct this?
DLBartlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:52 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Climb up on the roof and see if they were too liberal with the silicone.

They were routing the XM antenna to the roof cap. If its too far down on the angle and you are driving North you may have an issue.

The one on the dash is for GPS. There are more of those satellites, so placement is not as critical.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:58 AM   #3

Have the same issue on my Ram truck. The best solution I could come up with was to buy a magnetic mount antenna off of Ebay and plug it in. Have one on the car thats been there for 10 years with no problem. Only fad we get now is tall buildings and thick trees.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:35 AM   #4

Thanks for the help. I will climb on the roof and check the silicone job. Hopefully that will do the trick.
DLBartlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 01:09 PM   #5

Serious (pun)

Cross country and back twice in ours! No reception issues even crossing desert areas. However, our local RV dealer (family owned and operated here in San Diego) made sure it worked properly before our first trip out and it didn't! The antenna was faulty! Got us a new one, installed it, tested it, and we were on our way! Most RV dealers we've encountered don't provide that high quality of service after the sale! Not ours! Most just out you on the road with faulty equipment and the fun getting it fixed really begins when you get back home! BTW ours came with it installed and we just had to register, turn it on, and1 year free! Dan & Gerda
Dan n Gerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:55 PM   #6
Pawnee Buffalo Hunter

What S.D. dealer is it? I live there and haven't found any Dynamax dealers except for 1 REV in Temecula.
LittleMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMoose View Post
What S.D. dealer is it? I live there and haven't found any Dynamax dealers except for 1 REV in Temecula.

RV Solutions off the 52 sells them here in SD area,
Jlole76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:32 AM   #8
Canadian member

Sometimes you need to get them to resend the signal to your radio. Just call them and they will reset the signal.
northernburb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:38 AM   #9

Sirius

Norms RV Poway! They carry a very small inventory of FR and other RVs! Low overhead!
Dan n Gerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 12:18 PM   #10

I have a 3051, I have no problem with my Sirus/XM radio. But I do have a problem with my am/fm radio. Its reception is only good for about 10 miles away from the station.
the stereo systems built in over the couch and outside work great, go figure. Thankfully I usually listen to Sirus when on the radio, you never have to change the station.
radman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:59 PM   #11

I too have terrible XM reception. I know my '17 Isata 3 uses the XM antenna on the 'A pillar' of the mu dash, because when I place my hand over it the reception goes away. I do have what looks like another XM antenna on top of my front bunk cap - what would this be hooked up too? How do I get my Sony dash radio to use the antenna on the roof?

Thanks!
slimetime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reception