Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2018, 08:12 PM   #21
Lifesylers

We had the same problem but ours was hydraulic...Leaking seal on ram.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:12 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandKKnight View Post
I'm assuming you mean "will correct the problem" (you typed create the problem). We always level before we extend the slide. It doesn't overwork or overheat the motors to hold the buttons after the slide is fully out or in? If this is truly a "thing" (no one has ever mentioned it before) I will definitely try it, thanks.
Linda, I did the 5 sec thing both in and out on my front slide. The rear had been slightly behind the front of the slide. This 5 sec thing in and out somehow calibrated the slide. It now comes and and goes out evenly. Try it.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:35 PM   #23

Perhaps there's a way to wire in a magnetic reed switch that can cut power to the slide operation circuit when a strut is in place. I think I have a similar problem with my slide and am always worried about it. I am going to have to look into it for next season.
Gene_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:59 PM   #24

Slide issue

When I move my slides in or out when they hit the end they make a loud noise. Kind of like a fast thumping noise. If I hold the button for more than a second I think something might break.
ButchBecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:34 AM   #25
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchBecky View Post
When I move my slides in or out when they hit the end they make a loud noise. Kind of like a fast thumping noise. If I hold the button for more than a second I think something might break.
Then you have a different type of slide. What model/brand do you have?

I mentioned elsewhere, a below floor electric slide has a clutch system. Those are the ones that thump.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 02:39 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
Thanks for these posts, I'm always a little shy of leaving the buttons pushed but after reading this thread I'll do that. I've noticed that my front slide is a little off on one end, maybe this 5 sec rule will correct that?
My last stealer kept claiming there was no way to correct one side stopping before the other - former dealer now. I researched and fixed it myself and its easy. Extend your slide and hold for a few seconds - retract about halfway and stop - extend again and hold - repeat about three times and the last retract make sure to come all the way in and hold for a few secs - this should realign the slide and as long as you do the in and out hold rule, it should straighten out your problem.
crinteastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 04:42 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by crinteastwood View Post
My last stealer kept claiming there was no way to correct one side stopping before the other - former dealer now. I researched and fixed it myself and its easy. Extend your slide and hold for a few seconds - retract about halfway and stop - extend again and hold - repeat about three times and the last retract make sure to come all the way in and hold for a few secs - this should realign the slide and as long as you do the in and out hold rule, it should straighten out your problem.
This is not intended to hurt anyone's feelings, only to help those of us who are seeking information, knowledge, experience and recommendations that are specific to the Dynamax motorhomes we have questions about. One way to help all of us would be to include with your post the RV and model associated with the information you are sharing. It is very confusing if we don't know your point of reference when you offer well intended help. Thank you.
I5PhilGa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, slide