Old 08-12-2016, 10:57 AM   #1
Solar Cable Routing

So who as wired solar panels on their DX3 or Force? This is probably going to be a spring project for me but working on some of the details now.

Biggest question I have is what's the best route from the roof down to the batteries?

Seems a lot of installs use a fridge vent that's not an option to us. Next thought would be if I can get into the pillar behind the drivers seat the lower cabinet would be a good place for a controller and a direct route to the batteries.

Not real keen on drilling the roof though so if there's any other ways to cheat my way down I'm all ears!

Sure there will be more questions to come but this one has me thinkin right now...

2016 Dynamax DX3 - Big Blue
FOURWHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:04 PM   #2
In the Force I would probably run it down through the washer/dryer closet. Would give me a good deal of room to work in there and it is easy enough to get into the storage bins from there. I probably would not go through the roof either, but upper wall area would be ideal.

halla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:29 PM   #3
i know that most of us hate to think about roof penetrations. However, a piece of 3/4" PVC conduit penetrating the roof and sticking up maybe 1/4", well sealed, and then a PVC combiner box with a hole for the conduit to go through it and heavily sealed to the roof will never leak. Dicor and sealastic will totally seal things. In addition, a small 1/8" weep hole in the side of the combiner box at the bottom of the low side will take care of any seal leakage as well. When you put the combiner box down over the conduit, liberally butter it with sealastic and clean up the edges. water takes the easy way...not the hard way.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is online now   Reply With Quote

cable, solar