Old 07-03-2018, 07:12 PM   #1

Some mechanical trivia questions m2 106

Just out of pure curiosity.. (no real use case for most of this information besides nice to know...)

Does anyone know what rear ring gear size the m2 106 trucks have in them?

Who makes the rear axle? Differential?

Ratio?

Is the rear locker air actuated or electric?

Do all m2s from freight liner have the same rear axle or is this done by another vendor in the supply chain to Dynamax?

Do the 2019 Dynamax units have the 1150 Tq rating on the M2 106?

Do tires on these trucks ever flat spot sitting? Storage tips?

Rotation interval and pattern?

Full disclosure I just recently put a deposit on a 2019 Renegade LOL. Still liked the Dynamax, but the renegade just felt like a better match for me and the dx3 inventory was down to almost nil anyway. One of those.... this is the one moments. But I really liked all of them overall. Pros and cons.... had to give up a few things but gained others...

wfo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:51 PM   #2

If you know the VIN already you just have to send an email to Freightliner and ask for the build sheet on your chassis. Here is a snapshot of a multiple page document the emailed to me after my inquiry.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 8.47.26 PM.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	203.8 KB
ID:	178219  

Old 07-04-2018, 11:30 AM   #3

I’m not 100% sure, but I believe the rear axle specs are as follows (at least on the newer M2’s):

Detroit, model DA-RS-21.0-4
15.35” ring gear
4.78:1 ratio
Electric actuated locker
Old 07-07-2018, 02:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookieblaylock View Post
Iím not 100% sure, but I believe the rear axle specs are as follows (at least on the newer M2ís):

Detroit, model DA-RS-21.0-4
15.35Ē ring gear
4.78:1 ratio
Electric actuated locker
WOW, 15.35" ring gear... That is bigger than what I'm used to dealing with LOL. I thought maybe 12".
Old 07-07-2018, 03:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo9 View Post
Just out of pure curiosity.. (no real use case for most of this information besides nice to know...)
Sorry I cant help myself but just out of pure curiosity (no real use for the information but nice to know) does Renegade not have a forum you could have gotten this information from?

This forum was one of the reasons I chose Dynamax. Tons and tons of helpful info on this forum. Also a bunch of good people who answered your question for you.
Old 07-07-2018, 04:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
Sorry I cant help myself but just out of pure curiosity (no real use for the information but nice to know) does Renegade not have a forum you could have gotten this information from?

This forum was one of the reasons I chose Dynamax. Tons and tons of helpful info on this forum. Also a bunch of good people who answered your question for you.
I did not know the forum was exclusive to Dynamax owners... I thought there were enthusiast here who liked to share experiences and knowldge. And since many of the super Cs share the same chassis (m2-106)... use the same components (generator, controllers, mechanical...) I figured I could still hang out and learn something and possibly contribute a little as well. Like most here, I have a wealth of knowledge under my belt with various things (just not RVs yet).

I like to take things apart and figure them out. Some of the information I seek is useless to many. But if there is hate on anyone but Dynamax owners.. I can stay away LOL

But yes, I purchased a Renegade (or at least I'm in the process of taking delivery). We liked it better... nothing against the Dynamax at all, just side by side it was a better value to me. I came very close on both the DX3 and the Force. That does not mean what I got is better at all. Just where I landed given the circumstances.. but time will tell. I could even be in a Dynamax someday (or not ;-).

I don't think Dynamax sales are hurting.. that is for sure. Each unit I looked at sold within days and the demand seems very high.
Old 07-07-2018, 04:32 PM   #7

Quote:
I did not know the forum was exclusive to Dynamax owners... I thought there were enthusiast here who liked to share experiences and knowldge. And since many of the super Cs share the same chassis (m2-106)... use the same components (generator, controllers, mechanical...) I figured I could still hang out and learn something and possibly contribute a little as well. Like most here, I have a wealth of knowledge under my belt with various things (just not RVs yet).

I like to take things apart and figure them out. Some of the information I seek is useless to many. But if there is hate on anyone but Dynamax owners.. I can stay away LOL

But yes, I purchased a Renegade (or at least I'm in the process of taking delivery). We liked it better... nothing against the Dynamax at all, just side by side it was a better value to me. I came very close on both the DX3 and the Force. That does not mean what I got is better at all. Just where I landed given the circumstances.. but time will tell. I could even be in a Dynamax someday (or not ;-).

I don't think Dynamax sales are hurting.. that is for sure. Each unit I looked at sold within days and the demand seems very high.
Glad to have your knowledge and experience on the forum no mater what you own.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 05:01 PM   #8

Quote:
I did not know the forum was exclusive to Dynamax owners
It's not. Where did you get that idea?
Old 07-07-2018, 06:15 PM   #9

Quote:
I did not know the forum was exclusive to Dynamax owners...
No Sir relax... It was a joke.. Did you see the laughing emoji and the beer chug? It was one of those Dynamax is better cause we got a forum joke kinda things you know what I mean?

Heck we are both in the same category. We both have them on order. Glad you got one on order and got what you wanted.

Dynamax is still better though.. LOLOL ( That was a joke too )
Plus I just learned what gear ratio we have...
Old 07-07-2018, 07:06 PM   #10

Quote:
WOW, 15.35" ring gear... That is bigger than what I'm used to dealing with LOL. I thought maybe 12".
I didnít know exactly offhand but I can confirm from looking at the pumpkin itís yuuuuuuuge