Old 03-07-2016, 10:12 AM   #1
GM

Stainless or Powder Coated Wheels Liners?

We have a new graphics package coming out for people that do not want to spend the extra money on paint.

We didn't plan on doing anything with the stainless steel wheel liners on the graphics unit, (only on the new Iridium Silver). However, a few of the guys wanted to see what it looked like on the graphics package.

Which do you prefer? Stainless or Powder Coated Black Out?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stainless Steel.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	334.2 KB
ID:	101267   Click image for larger version

Name:	Powder Coated.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	303.9 KB
ID:	101268  

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:32 AM   #2

Thumbs down

Boy the "Blackout" looks like a Used unit that has had thieves steal the "Shinny Wheels"!

Old 03-07-2016, 10:44 AM   #3
GM

One vote for old school. My fear is that it is too hop and trendy for our normal buyer.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 03-07-2016, 10:55 AM   #4

I am always in favor of the stainless or chrome or aluminum. I absolutely despise the old school boring white steel wheels. But I don't like to speak for everyone. I have recently noticed several RVs at recent shows with painted black (like in the above pics), or painted gray instead of the plain white.

I don't like the white as I noted, and I don't like the black either. But I was ok with the gray. Personally, I would always opt for the "premium" wheel package, but that's just me. But I do like that the manufacturers are always trying new things. And I'm curious to see what the overall opinion is on these wheels.

Old 03-07-2016, 11:02 AM   #5
GM

I'd prefer an option for Alcoa Aluminum Durabright wheels, the expense I am OK with if we option, but the 12 week lead time, I am not.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:06 AM   #6
GM

I also don't love black, but I really like the satin charcoal wheels that are on some Audi's.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:20 AM   #7

In my opinion the black looks unfinished ! Almost as if you are running the spare tire !
Old 03-07-2016, 11:23 AM   #8
GM

Maybe it needs to be Satin, charcoal?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 11.22.33 AM.png
Views:	84
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	101277  
Old 03-07-2016, 11:29 AM   #9

Here is what I am doing.
I hate removing the wheel liners to check the air and I do NOT want to put any extenders.
I am going to buy the wheel center caps only from Chevy- silver, paint the wheels black and install outer stainless beauty rings (aftermarket).
Mine will be black and silver.
Kind of like the old Chevy muscle car look.

That being said, the all black wheel look ("murdered out" look as we call it here) has an "unfinished" look IMO.
The SS liners look better IMO.

What rig is that BC?
Old 03-07-2016, 11:33 AM   #10

On initial look the black one looked like someone had a flat and put the spare on. When I clicked on the pic and looked at the expanded view, it look better but I still prefer the shiny one. I think mainly because the rest of the paint is so light, need more black in the overall scheme to make the black wheels fit in.

2010 Dodge Ram 2500, 4x4, Diesel, Front Hitch, Air Lift 5000 Rear Air Bags, (not really used, left over from our truck camper). Equalizer E4 1.4k/14k WD Hitch. TST 507 TPMS. Furrion FOS48TA Observation Camera. Garmin RV-760 GPS. Honda 2000i Genny, PI EMS-PT30C.

MISSION COMPLETED!
gectisme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wheel