Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2019, 06:38 AM   #1

Steep Learning Curve with New Dyanquest XL

1. The Equalizer Systems stabilizer has be properly configured and nulled. It deploys but does not have enough force to lift backend just a few inches. They appear to stall out (about 8 inches of chrome exposed). The fluid is full and the motor appears to be spinning at full power. No fault lights. Hooked up to 50 amp service. The surface is fairly level.

2. The Precision Plex displays the proper coach voltage, matching the voltage displayed on the inverter control panel and the solar control panel However the chassis voltage is indicating 10.5 V. The dash displays 12+ V when the key is activated. I don't know where the chassis voltage is tapped by the Precision Plex.

Overall, a great product.
Alan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:00 AM   #2
Commercial Member

1. When you say "not enough force" are you using auto or manual? If "auto" it might think its done as the null point could not be set properly. If manual and it stops lifting...that is another issue we would have to look at.

2. The chassis batteries are in the bay with the coach batteries, so they can tapped just like the house batts. When you say "turn the key" just in the "on" position or starting it up. I know the gauges cycle...so I'm not sure if that is a true reading right off the bat.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:28 AM   #3

I initially tired Auto Level and then reverted to Manual Down on the control panel. The motor turns and sounds just like the Auto Level sequence. The tech support at Equalizer have been very helpful and also was leaning toward a service center visit. There are no Dyanquest XL dealers in my state and I was trying to keep it close to home (Zip code 98438)?

The voltage while driving home on the dash would show 14.1 to 14.2 V. The voltage on the Precision Plex would fluctuate from 9 to 14 V, in rapid irratic changes during the 2100 mile trip home. The coach always tracked the other voltage indicators.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:32 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Sound like something might be loose then on the chassis side from the Precisions....14.1 sounds like charging voltage so the alternator is doing its thing.

Old 05-21-2019, 09:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan13 View Post
1. The Equalizer Systems stabilizer has be properly configured and nulled. It deploys but does not have enough force to lift backend just a few inches. They appear to stall out (about 8 inches of chrome exposed). The fluid is full and the motor appears to be spinning at full power. No fault lights. Hooked up to 50 amp service. The surface is fairly level.

2. The Precision Plex displays the proper coach voltage, matching the voltage displayed on the inverter control panel and the solar control panel However the chassis voltage is indicating 10.5 V. The dash displays 12+ V when the key is activated. I don't know where the chassis voltage is tapped by the Precision Plex.

Overall, a great product.
Park the coach and level it using autolevel. You can download a level app on your phone. Find the center of the rig front to back and put the phone on the center of the floor. If the null is set right you shouldn't be off by more that a 1/4 bubble on the phone app. Unless the site is really unlevel, don't expect the jacks to raise the tires off of the ground. And be patient, sometimes it takes autolevel time to run through it's sequence. It should beep at you and shut off once it is done.
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 04:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
Park the coach and level it using autolevel. You can download a level app on your phone. Find the center of the rig front to back and put the phone on the center of the floor. If the null is set right you shouldn't be off by more that a 1/4 bubble on the phone app. Unless the site is really unlevel, don't expect the jacks to raise the tires off of the ground. And be patient, sometimes it takes autolevel time to run through it's sequence. It should beep at you and shut off once it is done.
So, if it beeps, but all the red lights stay illuminated and the coach is not level, what would one do next? If that’s the case, then you really have park as level as you can, unfortunately a lot of rv parks aren’t very level!!
brianh442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 05:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianh442 View Post
So, if it beeps, but all the red lights stay illuminated and the coach is not level, what would one do next? If that’s the case, then you really have park as level as you can, unfortunately a lot of rv parks aren’t very level!!
On mine, when it beeps to say its finished, all of the red lights dont go off. Next, use the app or a real level to determine if it really isn't level and if so, by how much. If it really is off by more than a 1/4 bubble, then level it using the manual buttons. Once you get it level, then follow the instructions to reset the null. This is suggested as a trouble shooting suggestion only.

If that doesn't solve the issue than I would use the manual buttons to see how high the system will lift the front of the rig and then the rear of the rig. Mine will lift either end totally off of the ground. If the OP's unit can't, then following through with a visit to the dealer or vendor's facility for closer inspection is probably needed.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 06:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
On mine, when it beeps to say its finished, all of the red lights dont go off. Next, use the app or a real level to determine if it really isn't level and if so, by how much. If it really is off by more than a 1/4 bubble, then level it using the manual buttons. Once you get it level, then follow the instructions to reset the null. This is suggested as a trouble shooting suggestion only.

If that doesn't solve the issue than I would use the manual buttons to see how high the system will lift the front of the rig and then the rear of the rig. Mine will lift either end totally off of the ground. If the OP's unit can't, then following through with a visit to the dealer or vendor's facility for closer inspection is probably needed.
That’s good info, thank you😊
Old 05-22-2019, 07:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
1. When you say "not enough force" are you using auto or manual? If "auto" it might think its done as the null point could not be set properly. If manual and it stops lifting...that is another issue we would have to look at.

2. The chassis batteries are in the bay with the coach batteries, so they can tapped just like the house batts. When you say "turn the key" just in the "on" position or starting it up. I know the gauges cycle...so I'm not sure if that is a true reading right off the bat.
So, if there is no authorized Dynamax dealer near by, will he have to drive hundreds of miles for service? Or can a local Forest River dealer assist him?

Hmmmm.......
Old 05-22-2019, 08:52 PM   #10

If the lights are red after leveling but it’s not level you have to reset the null. Get the manual and read it. It is very easy with the instructions and takes about 15 min.

Basically you level it and then tell the controller this is the new null.
mikew968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 08:29 PM   #11

Equalizer System worked with me and an independent repair service near my home. Equalizer believed the pump was defective. They mail the part under warranty and also covered labor. It took the technician 3 hours to swap it out in my driveway. Hats off to Equalizer Systems and their support team.

Not one Forest River Dealer in my region would help me with this issue because I didn't purchase it from them. No dealer in my state sells Dyanquest! I have also receive great support from Dynamax when dealing with the Western US Support Team directly.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:10 PM   #12
Commercial Member

Glad to hear it. My demo, I blasted an O-ring first time I tried to auto-retract. Luckily I know people, but this seems to be par for the course for them. They overnighted the O-rings to the campsite I was going to and would have sent mobile repair, but frankly, I was going to tough it out since I had all level spots...

Of course the very last night before home I ended up at a badly sloped site. (I wish I had done this at Massey's). Replacing the O-rings wasn't bad (other than all the parts were slick from spewing hydraulic fluid), but moving all of the hoses to GET TO the nut and stud I needed to pull the manifold was a pain.

Finally got the O-rings swapped, all buttoned up, and only had enough fluid to "sort of level". Campsite had everything but Hydraulic fluid.

I KNOW that A-A-Ron, would have had Type A,B, C and german spec Hydraulic fluid on hand.

Old 06-26-2019, 03:23 PM   #13

Definitely should have done it at masseys. I carry 3 or 4 qts of ATF
Old 06-26-2019, 03:24 PM   #14
Commercial Member

And 96 rolls of toilet paper could have soaked up the spill.

Old 06-26-2019, 04:07 PM   #15

Psssh 96? In one bin maybe...
Old 06-26-2019, 05:30 PM   #16

I have a fair amount of fluid, but whos checking.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:50 PM   #17
Señor Miembro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan13 View Post
No dealer in my state sells Dyanquest!
Hey Alan,

B. Young RV, a Dynamax dealer from Portland, OR, is building a big new dealership in Woodland, Washington that is supposedly going to have 18 repair bays or some such. When done, it will be about 1:50 hours South of you. I'm not sure when it will be complete as I was told it was supposed to be complete this summer. When I drove by it a month or so ago, it was still in framing.

There is also a dealer out in Spokane.
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:42 AM   #18

Doesn't Poulsbo RV have a Dynamax Service Center?

Poulsbo
Magnatudes is offline   Reply With Quote