Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2019, 05:39 PM   #1
Jim & Gerry

Swivel mount outside tv? DX3

Is the outside TV mounted on a swivel mount? Have been unable to find anything, and gentle pulling does not budge it!

Thanks, Gerry
Jeep Renegade
MovnOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 09:39 PM   #2

The outside TV on my 2014 DX3 was attached to the wall w/o a swivel bracket. I added a swivel bracket so I could tilt it down because watching it while it was mounted so high was awkward.
Silver Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 07:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Arrow View Post
The outside TV on my 2014 DX3 was attached to the wall w/o a swivel bracket. I added a swivel bracket so I could tilt it down because watching it while it was mounted so high was awkward.

Mine does not - 2015
Old 12-01-2019, 08:19 AM   #4

Mine does not have one. 2019.
Vansteenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 05:45 PM   #5

My outside TV does have a swivel bracket but it takes a lot more than a gentle tug to get it to swing out. The first time I tried it I thought I was going to crack the TV in half! It also takes a very hard push to lock it back into place.
2004 ALFA Leisure Gold Diesel Pusher (41')
1990 Elite (27' C Class, not on rental fleet)
1984 Elite (25' C Class on GO Vacations rental fleet)
HYDROG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:00 PM   #6

Are these mounted to the exterior of the rv? I am looking for a bracket to mount my tv outside when I am parked for the winter in Florida! Don’t want something gaudy mounted to the exterior of my motorhome! Thanks. Gerry!
gmann32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:21 PM   #7

Some RV's have a flat mount such as this for bringing an inside TV outside.
https://www.amazon.com/PAW-Internati...13676472&psc=1
if it is mounted on the camper.

Many others have a swivel or similar non swivel mount when mounted in a compartment behind a door.

A good place to get a variety of mounts for a reasonable price is monoprice.com. I bought two for inside my camper and numerous for the inside of my house from them.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:51 PM   #8

On the DX3 (we have a 2018 37TS) the outside TV is mounted in a recess with a large door that closes over it when not in use. We seem to get a tiny bit of down tilt (maybe 1/4") but that could just be play in the mount versus being tilt-able by design. It would be nice to get more adjustment since you get glare on the screen just from the sky even with the awning out. I'm not sure how much clearance there is between the front of the TV and the rear of the door that closes over it. If changing the mount moves the TV outwards very much, you may not be able to close the exterior door.

Is there some sort of stick on or add on anti glare screen that would minimize the glare from the sky?

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 02:13 PM   #9
waybeck2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyGus View Post
Some RV's have a flat mount such as this for bringing an inside TV outside.
https://www.amazon.com/PAW-Internati...13676472&psc=1
if it is mounted on the camper.

Many others have a swivel or similar non swivel mount when mounted in a compartment behind a door.

A good place to get a variety of mounts for a reasonable price is monoprice.com. I bought two for inside my camper and numerous for the inside of my house from them.

The prices for these are very good. I just bought one for the back of the TV, it was metal and cost $33.00. I had been searching for this awhile so when I found it I bought it! But, this one is priced much better.

Looking Forward to Completing This Map Soon !
waybeck2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 10:48 AM   #10

Attached is a picture of our outside TV once I replaced the fixed mount. Now I can tilt the TV down & to each side quite a bit, depending upon where the sun is to minimize reflections. Much better than the original fixed mount.
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2019, 11:08 AM   #11
Jim & Gerry

Looks great!
Jeep Renegade
Old 12-08-2019, 11:41 AM   #12

Quote:
Attached is a picture of our outside TV once I replaced the fixed mount. Now I can tilt the TV down & to each side quite a bit, depending upon where the sun is to minimize reflections. Much better than the original fixed mount.

Do you have a link to the mount you used and thoughts on how the swap out went?
Old 12-08-2019, 06:27 PM   #13

Below is the link to the mount I bought on Amazon. I had to make some modifications to the tv mounting plate to skinny it down a little so the TV would fit back into the recessed area. I also added a feature so I could easily tighten & loosen the tilt clamp feature because that's normally a one time adjustment using wrenches when installed in a house. The TV has to be straight up & down for the door to close. It was worth the extra work required to make it function.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV Mount.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	220296  
Old 12-08-2019, 06:43 PM   #14
Jim & Gerry

We took a mirror and tried to see how our bay tv is mounted, but no luck! Don’t want to break it!

How did you get your tv out of the recessed area? Could not see back there, also could not find any documentation on mounting (or how it is mounted)
Jeep Renegade
Old 12-08-2019, 07:59 PM   #15

Take the palm of your hand & give the bottom edge of the TV a smack upward & it will come loose. A bracket is attached to the rear of the TV & the tapered tabs lock into slots on the recess wall. You're right, you can't see how it's attached when it's installed.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:10 PM   #16

My dx3 mount has a bar with two screws holding it down - it will become apparent with a good look
Old 12-11-2019, 01:05 PM   #17

Quote:
Wondering if the 2017 Isata 5 and the DX3 have the same outside TV insert? Just now pulled my TV to see mounting config and found it to be non-swivel....would like to install swivel system.
Also will insulate the insert with an automotive heavy felt/silver bubble reflect left over from auto rebuild. That will allow the large openings in the back of the insert to be covered to help with AC/heat retention and also provide some sound attenuation to the inside of the RV when playing TV or music.
dbaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 10:58 AM   #18
Señor Miembro

We just mounted our external TV on a swivel too. I found this one on amazon. It works pretty well and it allows us to cut the glare.

Pros:
Not overly expensive
Allows tilt up & down & side to side
Screws allow to adjust rotate TV to be level to ground.
Locking mechanism is neat and in theory avoids chaffing of tv on hatch lid/door
Clears hatch door with no problem

Cons:
1. No easy mount bracket that mounts of back of TV. You have to hold TV up with one hand while screwing in screws with the other hand. Our home tv swivel brackets all have brackets that screw to back of TV that then you just hang TV on wall bracket and they click into place
2. The locking mechanism doesn't engage by just pushing the tv back. You have to reach behind and push arm of bracket all the way back first, the push tv. Kinda hokey but works.
3. Lock Release pull cord takes a fair bit more effort than one would expect. That may be in part because of the speaker shelf bumpout in the sheetmetal the prevents a straight down pull action.

If you look at the picture with just the bracket mounted, there are a lot of holes that allow un tempered air and bugs in from the outside. But the also give good access to kitchen plumbing and tv wiring. So our solution was to just cover them up with flex seal tape as shown in the second pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	outdoor TV swivel installed.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	277.9 KB
ID:	237176   Click image for larger version

Name:	outdoor tv swivel taped.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	295.5 KB
ID:	237177   Click image for larger version

Name:	outdoor swivel tv finished.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	237178  
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 11:50 AM   #19

I used this mount along with sound deadening mat for behind the TV.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0032PHZ1W...p_mob_ap_share

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B78XGZX...p_mob_ap_share
Old 08-21-2020, 01:46 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher Rob View Post
We just mounted our external TV on a swivel too. I found this one on amazon. It works pretty well and it allows us to cut the glare.

Pros:

Not overly expensive

Allows tilt up & down & side to side

Screws allow to adjust rotate TV to be level to ground.

Locking mechanism is neat and in theory avoids chaffing of tv on hatch lid/door

Clears hatch door with no problem

Cons:

1. No easy mount bracket that mounts of back of TV. You have to hold TV up with one hand while screwing in screws with the other hand. Our home tv swivel brackets all have brackets that screw to back of TV that then you just hang TV on wall bracket and they click into place

2. The locking mechanism doesn't engage by just pushing the tv back. You have to reach behind and push arm of bracket all the way back first, the push tv. Kinda hokey but works.

3. Lock Release pull cord takes a fair bit more effort than one would expect. That may be in part because of the speaker shelf bumpout in the sheetmetal the prevents a straight down pull action.

If you look at the picture with just the bracket mounted, there are a lot of holes that allow un tempered air and bugs in from the outside. But the also give good access to kitchen plumbing and tv wiring. So our solution was to just cover them up with flex seal tape as shown in the second pic.

Looks like somebody got the Fusion 650 radio too! That’s what I installed as well.Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	246.3 KB
ID:	237211
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dx3, mount