Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2018, 12:58 PM   #41

They were more comfortable, but I sat on a showroom model on the floor, wasnt mounted on anything, I sat for about 10 minutes. I am not sure it was enough to give an opinion, but I did like them better and Like the multiple adjustments as well as the heat/cool function. The back cycler was a cool option too
Old 09-11-2018, 10:57 PM   #42
Retired Army Paratrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz01 View Post
Ayla from Bostrom sent me a swatch of the tan Ultra leather. I decided that the slight color variance wasn't too bad. I ordered the Pro Ride seats because in addition to two armrests, I like them firmer and with substantial side bolsters on the seat bottom.
Now the waiting game...
got to let me know when you get them in, I am looking for replacements myself.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:13 AM   #43

An update on the swivel for the stock seats. I placed an order through Arkansas Valley Diesel through Ebay for the 2 swivels on August 17th. I never did receive them from them after contacting them several times. They kept telling me they were shipping them ASAP. Finally had to open a case through Ebay and got a refund this morning.

The main reason for the update is to let people know not to order from these people. Order from your local Freightliner if you want them.

Halla is their any update on the new seats you ordered because I think I may just go that route?
Old 09-19-2018, 09:18 AM   #44

Some news, but not good news. I needed the seats by this coming weekend, leaving on our last trip of the year next week. Suburban seats called and the seats are still not finished, the manufacturer is having an issue getting parts, they said there are multiple reasons. They are also behind due to the number of seat orders going up recently.

So my seats will not be here until October 10th, I will still install and take pics etc... and give everyone my 2 cents, but unfortunately I will probably not ride on the seats until next spring.

Still excited to get the new seats. Suburban has been great to work with, it just seems that these seats are a hot commodity.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:09 AM   #45
Commercial Member

WHAT? how can they not give a good ETA...what's with all the delays? its just a seat

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 10:14 AM   #46

I know, funny how this industry works. They refunded some money, so that isnt all bad.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:21 AM   #47

Yes, if you locate them "In Stock" then you can get an accurate ETA...I think Bostrom is overwhelmed as they make seats for EVERY make of truck...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 10:23 AM   #48

The other issue I am pretty sure of is the folks that order it cannot "Drop Ship" Bostrom seats, they have to be shipped to them and then they have to ship out to consumer from their facility...which increase the timeframe as well...so ordering through a local dealer as Halla said may be the best bet if you need them quicker...

Arkansas Valley Diesel is in Colorado, so Bostrom will ship to them from Alabama then Ark Valley Diesel will ship out from Colorado...
Old 09-19-2018, 01:29 PM   #49

Halla you didn’t order from Arkansas Valley Diesel did you?
Old 09-19-2018, 02:09 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
Halla you didn’t order from Arkansas Valley Diesel did you?
Surburban Seats is who he ordered from and they are from up in the New Jersey...
Old 09-19-2018, 02:31 PM   #51

What he said.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:03 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
What he said.

I spoke with a young lady at Suburban Seats maybe a few months ago regarding my REV seats. I sent photos at her request.

Never heard back. No reply to my attempted contacts.

Bad business manners,

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:51 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We installed the Bostrom swivel seat ped.

It only raises the seat height, maybe 1".
Passenger side, no problem, swivels pretty easily.

Driver side, as we expected is a little trickier. You have to put the steering wheel ALL THE WAY UP and the Forward. You start the swivel and then have to adjust the seat glide forward and back to clear the hand rail at the lower cab entry door area, arm rest needs to be down so that the steering wheel actually goes OVER the arm rest, seat back has to be ALL the way forward and the steering wheel still rubs about 1" of the seat. We were going to try one more set of holes to see if it helped any. It can be done....but I think you would find yourself just swiveling the passenger in most cases. No steering wheel to contend with , unless you had to have it and then it can be done.
Brian do you remember once you got the drivers side turned where it would need to be, did it still contact the steering wheel? You mention the seat rubbing 1". Also are there any more options in the works? Thank ya sir.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:22 AM   #54
Commercial Member

It still contacts the steering wheel. I could get it to swivel...but with a little patience.

we are still working with our old supplier to modify that swivel. No word on that. I need to get some of the Bostrom swivels on order. Once I get a set in, I'll send you a set to test. See what you think about the drive swivel process.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 01:13 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
It still contacts the steering wheel. I could get it to swivel...but with a little patience.

we are still working with our old supplier to modify that swivel. No word on that. I need to get some of the Bostrom swivels on order. Once I get a set in, I'll send you a set to test. See what you think about the drive swivel process.

That would be awesome and I appreciate that for sure but I don't mind to order again but from a regular dealer this time. I think I will order the passenger for sure and if you think the drivers seat was too much trouble, we can just wait till something becomes available.. Really there is no rush.. Yep you read that right..
Old 10-17-2018, 12:39 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
Some news, but not good news. I needed the seats by this coming weekend, leaving on our last trip of the year next week. Suburban seats called and the seats are still not finished, the manufacturer is having an issue getting parts, they said there are multiple reasons. They are also behind due to the number of seat orders going up recently.

So my seats will not be here until October 10th, I will still install and take pics etc... and give everyone my 2 cents, but unfortunately I will probably not ride on the seats until next spring.

Still excited to get the new seats. Suburban has been great to work with, it just seems that these seats are a hot commodity.
Any update? Did you receive these on the 10th?

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 02:53 PM   #57

Seats came this week, they are awesome. Traveling for two weeks so I cannot install, thats the sad part
Old 10-17-2018, 08:19 PM   #58

I've heard from many similar situations that the best option in your case is to contact a mobile tech. There plenty out there.
Dpelaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:10 PM   #59

Im not sure Halla would let anyone near his Rig. He is pretty handy guy and will probably tackle this job himself.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:03 PM   #60

I do not need a mobile tech for sure, I need to work less, lol. I will get them installed in a few weeks. RV travel is done for the year for us, so now I can tackle these few projects.