Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2018, 09:13 PM   #61

Question about these seats...

I have a Renegade. I know hate me for it....LOL

Anyway, it has the FL/national seats in it with two armrests and the swivel. Overall the seats are comfy for short trips and adequate and I don't mind the height. But what I can't handle is since they were designed for a day cab m2, the back won't tilt back past about 90*. It gets very uncomfortable on long trips.

So do these bostrom pro rides lean back a decent amount?

Does anyone know if they will for sure fit an M2 and still swivel?

Did I read heated and cooled is an option. The seats I have are heated and that is nice.

I still plan to try to clock the mechanism in the national seats, but if I can't figure that out these look very nice.
wfo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 07:42 AM   #62

I ordered heated and cooled and they also have a back cycler, to keep your muscles from getting tired. I ordered the install brackets for an m2 106. Depending on which Renegade you have they should fit. I know one of the Renegade models is on the S2RV chassis, dont know if they would fit in there.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:38 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
I ordered heated and cooled and they also have a back cycler, to keep your muscles from getting tired. I ordered the install brackets for an m2 106. Depending on which Renegade you have they should fit. I know one of the Renegade models is on the S2RV chassis, dont know if they would fit in there.
It is indeed m2-106 based.. Cab should be exactly the same.

Do you have verification the swivel will still work on the driver side? Also, did you test how far the seat will recline back? That is my main seat issue.

Thanks
wfo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:21 AM   #64

I did not get swivels and the seats are not installed. They came last week and I have been traveling for work. Its killing me not installing them.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:04 AM   #65

Bostrom Seats

Ordered Bostrom Wide Ride + Serta Lo Pro Suspension on Aug. 10, received them on Sept. 27. Both have dual arm rest and passenger has swivel. Was able to install passenger seat before leaving in 3 days for New Mexico and the balloon festival. Happy wife, happy life. Fairly easy install. Just a little difficult getting to the rear screws on the bracket. Ordered the compressor and did a temporary hook up to supply air. Installed the driver seat when we came back from the trip. Haven't decided if I'm going to use the compressor or run an air line direct off a relay near the rear of the coach. Wife was very comfortable in her new air ride seat especially on the Penn. Tpke. and on the approach to the Geo. Washington Bridge. I hate going through N.Y.

2017 FORCE
RITAOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:43 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by RITAOB View Post
Ordered Bostrom Wide Ride + Serta Lo Pro Suspension on Aug. 10, received them on Sept. 27. Both have dual arm rest and passenger has swivel. Was able to install passenger seat before leaving in 3 days for New Mexico and the balloon festival. Happy wife, happy life. Fairly easy install. Just a little difficult getting to the rear screws on the bracket. Ordered the compressor and did a temporary hook up to supply air. Installed the driver seat when we came back from the trip. Haven't decided if I'm going to use the compressor or run an air line direct off a relay near the rear of the coach. Wife was very comfortable in her new air ride seat especially on the Penn. Tpke. and on the approach to the Geo. Washington Bridge. I hate going through N.Y.

2017 FORCE
Post up a pic...
Old 10-29-2018, 07:53 PM   #67

I installed the Bostrom Pro Ride. Don’t get them. Get the Wide Ride model if you go Bostrom. The Pro Ride uses foam that’s so weak that the bolsters are useless. This combined with some rocking back and forth makes you feel like you’re going to fall out of the seat. I’m going to take whatever refund I get and put it toward modifying the original seats. Maybe taking the armrest off the passenger seat and adding it to the driver’s seat. Then reducing the foam thickness on the three center seat bottom sections to firm it up.
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 11:57 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz01 View Post
I installed the Bostrom Pro Ride. Don’t get them. Get the Wide Ride model if you go Bostrom. The Pro Ride uses foam that’s so weak that the bolsters are useless. This combined with some rocking back and forth makes you feel like you’re going to fall out of the seat. I’m going to take whatever refund I get and put it toward modifying the original seats. Maybe taking the armrest off the passenger seat and adding it to the driver’s seat. Then reducing the foam thickness on the three center seat bottom sections to firm it up.

Any chance you can replace the foam with a better grade?

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:01 PM   #69

Maybe, but I’m not going to mess around with them. That only fixes one of the issues. If I modify them they certainly won’t be returnable. I’ll just return them and move on.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:13 PM   #70

Quote:
Maybe, but I’m not going to mess around with them. That only fixes one of the issues. If I modify them they certainly won’t be returnable. I’ll just return them and move on.
I understand, I wasn’t sure if the rocking was related to the crummy foam.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:38 AM   #71

Thanks for the suggestion Delco. I think the rocking may be related to the swivel. Here's what I found out from this. I like the factory seats better in terms of sturdiness, fit and finish. I just don't like it only having one armrest and there's too much cushion on the seat for my personal needs.
So I'm going to put the passenger seat in the driver's spot (temporarily during winter storage) and take the driver's seat to a local auto seat place and have them mod it to my personal needs. Should cost less than buying new seats too.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:43 PM   #72

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion Delco. I think the rocking may be related to the swivel. Here's what I found out from this. I like the factory seats better in terms of sturdiness, fit and finish. I just don't like it only having one armrest and there's too much cushion on the seat for my personal needs.
So I'm going to put the passenger seat in the driver's spot (temporarily during winter storage) and take the driver's seat to a local auto seat place and have them mod it to my personal needs. Should cost less than buying new seats too.

Sounds like a good plan. Hopefully you will be comfortable soon.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:40 AM   #73

Great News If You Want Two Armrests

All. My local auto seat guy just called me. There's already a bracket in the seats to add second armrests. Makes sense from a logistics point of view. So you just need to order armrests from your dealer. This made me really happy. In the meantime they are going to use the passenger side armrest so that the driver (yours truly) has two for his driving comfort.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:34 AM   #74

Quote:
All. My local auto seat guy just called me. There's already a bracket in the seats to add second armrests. Makes sense from a logistics point of view. So you just need to order armrests from your dealer. This made me really happy. In the meantime they are going to use the passenger side armrest so that the driver (yours truly) has two for his driving comfort.
Brian - Can you confirm if these are the same seats I have in my DX3?

Shultz01 - When you say "order from your local dealer" are you saying the seat manufacturer or my local auto seat guy or Dynamax? Are they able to get the arm rests that match the arm rest (color/fabric) that came from the factory? What is the cost for the additional arm rest and are there any other widgets that need to be ordered with each arm rest to install it? Do you have the part numbers that I would need to order these items from LCI?

Thanks Brian - I saw your response and am just editing my previous post.

Sorry for all of the questions! This is your reward for being a good guy and sharing the update with everyone

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:36 AM   #75
Commercial Member

same seats. New Force's have the stock Freightliner seats, but the old Forces had the same seat as the DX3 which is made by Lexington which is now own by LCI.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:53 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
Shultz01 - When you say "order from your local dealer" are you saying the seat manufacturer or my local auto seat guy or Dynamax? Are they able to get the arm rests that match the arm rest (color/fabric) that came from the factory? What is the cost for the additional arm rest and are there any other widgets that need to be ordered with each arm rest to install it? Do you have the part numbers that I would need to order these items from LCI?
Hi Randy. You'll need to order them from your Dynamax dealer. They will contact Dynamax who, in turn, will contact LCI. LCI will only sell to Dynamax. Dynamax will only order for dealers.

Yes, they will be the exact same armrests. You just need to get the part numbers for your specific color. For example, mine are Spokane Umber so part numbers are:
> 798903 SRVRSA (driver's seat armrest) in Spokane Umber (Pebble)
> 798904 SRVLSA (passenger seat armrest) in Spokane Umber (Pebble)

They are plug and play, no other widgets. Just measure twice and cut once when you make the hole or do like me and have your upholstery guy do it.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:35 AM   #77

Getting ready to order a pair of the Bostrom Wide Ride+Serta seats and had a quick question - do they offer a 'passenger' version of the seat that has all the controls on what would be the passenger door side of the seat, or do you have to install two 'driver' seats? I suspect it's the latter...
Old 11-15-2018, 10:40 AM   #78

no, they are the same seat. I asked when I ordered and now I have two seats that match, all controls are on the left side.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:45 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
no, they are the same seat. I asked when I ordered and now I have two seats that match, all controls are on the left side.

Thanks for confirming...that's really going to mess with my OCD. Do you have any plans to add skirting like Dynamax did to conceal the pedestal/bellows?
Old 11-15-2018, 10:47 AM   #80

Not sure, I was going to see how they look after install and go from there. I just bought a separate fuse panel and wiring to run from the electric bay to the seats. I ordered them with heat/cool so they require power under each seat. Now that it is winter here my projects will begin, but I wont be in a huge hurry to finish. I will keep you in the loop if I decide to skirt.