Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2018, 11:22 AM   #81

Thanks!
Old 11-16-2018, 03:09 PM   #82

Did anyone get a price on one add on arm rest? I called Dynamax and for the part number I gave they said over $500. I'm assuming this is for the whole seat. Dynamax parts said to call LPI (Lippert). I called Lippert they said call Lexington. I called Lexington but I don't have the color code for my seats yet so she could not look anything up. Just trying to find a price.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:46 PM   #83

Houstonstroker: See my post from 11-06-2018, 11:53 AM.

Armrests are $115 each and are plug and play.

In my case the upholstery guy messed something up and the stops for the left side armrest on the driver's seat stopped, for lack of a better term LOL, working. So I put the arm back in the passenger side where I got it and am marinating on whether to get the arms or get new seats. In my case the arms only fix one of two issues I have. The second is the squishy foam used for the seat bottom in those squares. It wrecks havoc on my tail bone. Plus adding the second arm pushes the side bolster in and causes the squares to bunch up. I'm sure they could fix that when reducing the thickness of the squares and replacing the soft foam with firmer foam.

I've also tried Bostrom ProRides. However, the bolstering that looked firm and supportive in the pictures are made of light foam. The bolsters are all form and zero function. The swivel in the seats rocked back and forth when I sat in them. So I returned them. Two weeks after returning them to the Freightliner dealership they called me to tell me that Bostrom was charging 25%, yes 25%!!!, re-stocking fee plus $300 shipping. From my $2230 purchase I was getting less than $1400 back!! When I called Bostrom and complained they waived the shipping fee, but I still have to pay an egregious 25% fee. So use caution when buying Bostrom seats and go sit in them first. Don't be a dumba$$ like me. :-| I'm also disputing it with VISA to see if I can get the 25% reduced because I feel the rocking swivels are a defect in quality and workmanship.

What I'm going to end up doing is buying Flexsteel seats like I had in my Seneca from Bradd & Hall in Elkhart. Looks like they'll bolt right onto our existing bases. I can custom order with Ultraleather that matches the Spokane Umber in our units. I loved the Flexsteel seats. They didn't have air ride and I could drive all day without any pain. I can't wait to have them again and with air.

So my journey was long. I learned some lessons, but in the end I made it to the Promise Land...well close anyway LOL. Attached are some pics of the Flexsteel seat and swatches of Ultraleathers that we've narrowed our choices down to. The center color matches Sponkane Umber. The other two we are going to choose one as the accent color for two-tone. What's your opinion on the colors? The background is the Early American Cherry wood in our Force HD.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ultraleather swatches against Early American Cherry.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	432.0 KB
ID:	191890   Click image for larger version

Name:	Seneca seat1.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	267.7 KB
ID:	191891   Click image for larger version

Name:	Seneca seat2.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	273.6 KB
ID:	191892  
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 10:25 PM   #84

I ordered two bostrom wide ride + serta seats with heat and without swivels. I’ll post up before and after seat height figures and other feedback when they come in. Hope to/need to have them installed before the end of the year.

Giving up the swivels in an effort to get the seats as low as possible so we can hopefully take advantage of the air ride suspension. We’ll see how it works out.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:37 PM   #85

I do not know if the swivels that Brian sent me will fit any of these seat options but I know on the factory seats I have in my Force HD that the swivels work like a charm and only raise the height 1-1 1/2".. If they do not bolt right up, a thin adaptor plate should be able to be made with not a lot of effort. Just wanted to throw that back in to the update thread to help with options. We all know I raised a little heck about the swivels and the ones Brian sent I could not be happier with.
Old 11-25-2018, 08:48 AM   #86

Well I finally installed the Bostrom Wide Ride with Serta. Added a new fuse block in the electric cabinet for the seats. Removed the 2” lift off the bottom of both seats. I cut the carpeting around the bolt holes in the floor to make it easier lining up the bolts. The new floor mounts are awesome. The seats are nice, but I didnt do too much with them. More to come when I get a chance to drive it, in April maybe.

Name:	IMG_9312.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	250.6 KB
ID:	192093
Old 11-25-2018, 10:52 AM   #87

They look really nice! Great job as always Aaron. :-)
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 12:50 PM   #88

They look great...hope to get ours in as soon as the new mounting plates arrive. Can you elaborate on where you sourced 12v and how you routed the wires into the cab and under the seats, please?
Old 11-25-2018, 02:09 PM   #89

I put a fuse block in the electric bay, second one back on BH model. The wire runs along the frame and then up into the cab on the left side of the drivers footwell, under the plastic trim. I ran the passenger side across under the dash and up the side under the plastic trim. Ran ground wires short distance from the bottom bolt on grab handles.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:56 PM   #90

Thanks!
Old 11-25-2018, 11:08 PM   #91
Retired Army Paratrooper

Hey Aaron, what did you do with the old seats you took out?
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:44 AM   #92

Going to sell them with the swivels.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:37 AM   #93

I’ve been reluctant to order the center console in your pic because I didn’t want to make it any more cramped when trying to get to the back from the cab seats. Just wondering if you found that the new seats provided any noticeable extra clearance in that area?
Old 11-26-2018, 09:06 AM   #94

To be fair, I was pretty tired by the time I got them in, no air leaks, so I took the pic and left. I do believe the seats are mounted closer to the door though, I have about 1" between the left armrest and the door. I never had an issue with the old seats and the center console, and it didnt stand out that it was closer, but that was a quick glance. If I am out at storage this week I will get a pic inside for you.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:11 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
Well I finally installed the Bostrom Wide Ride with Serta. Added a new fuse block in the electric cabinet for the seats. Removed the 2” lift off the bottom of both seats. I cut the carpeting around the bolt holes in the floor to make it easier lining up the bolts. The new floor mounts are awesome. The seats are nice, but I didnt do too much with them. More to come when I get a chance to drive it, in April maybe.

Attachment 192093

Where can I get that console?
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:14 PM   #96

http://www.build5fab.com/Freightline...r-Console.html
Old 11-29-2018, 11:03 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookieblaylock View Post
I ordered two bostrom wide ride + serta seats with heat and without swivels. I’ll post up before and after seat height figures and other feedback when they come in. Hope to/need to have them installed before the end of the year.

Giving up the swivels in an effort to get the seats as low as possible so we can hopefully take advantage of the air ride suspension. We’ll see how it works out.
Mookie, did you get your seats & brackets yet? As far as I can tell, you are the only 2018 DX3 owner swapping seats so if they work for you they should work for me too. Please post up as soon as you do and when they're installed. I want to get the same seats with dual arm rests but minus the swivel on the drivers side to get maximum height reduction. The drivers seat is tucked behind the panel behind it so far anyways that you're peeking around the corner to look into the living room if its swiveled.

I would like to have the passenger seat swivel if the new swivel setup lowers that side an inch or two, the wife complains the stock seats are so high her feet dont sit flat on the floor so she ends up riding in back in the theater seats. I want to avoid jerry rigging something to raise the floor on that side if possible.

I think you ordered your seats with the M2 floor adapter brackets too so the entire stock seat and floor pedestal comes out, correct? Once you get them installed and share all the details with us I will get all of the part numbers from you. Can you share which website and seat model so I can look at these online and start figuring out which color and material type to get. Mucho Gracias!

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 02:25 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
Mookie, did you get your seats & brackets yet? As far as I can tell, you are the only 2018 DX3 owner swapping seats so if they work for you they should work for me too. Please post up as soon as you do and when they're installed. I want to get the same seats with dual arm rests but minus the swivel on the drivers side to get maximum height reduction. The drivers seat is tucked behind the panel behind it so far anyways that you're peeking around the corner to look into the living room if its swiveled.

I would like to have the passenger seat swivel if the new swivel setup lowers that side an inch or two, the wife complains the stock seats are so high her feet dont sit flat on the floor so she ends up riding in back in the theater seats. I want to avoid jerry rigging something to raise the floor on that side if possible.

I think you ordered your seats with the M2 floor adapter brackets too so the entire stock seat and floor pedestal comes out, correct? Once you get them installed and share all the details with us I will get all of the part numbers from you. Can you share which website and seat model so I can look at these online and start figuring out which color and material type to get. Mucho Gracias!
I've got the seats, but I don't have the brackets yet...and, yes, I ordered the M2 floor adapter brackets. I was told the brackets were on back order and there would be a 4 week delay. I asked that they just have them drop shipped, and that supposedly should save a week or so. Hopefully I'll have them soon.

My intentions were to completely remove everything that's in there now - stock seat, swivel, and pedestal. I hope that's how it all works out

I ordered everything from Suburban Seats and got these specifically:

https://www.suburbanseats.com/p/bost...eat-truck-seat

The gray ultra leather is darker than the pic on their website suggests (a good thing if you ask us), and they're crazy comfortable.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bostrom.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	347.3 KB
ID:	192357  
Old 11-29-2018, 03:41 PM   #99

Air Supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
I put a fuse block in the electric bay, second one back on BH model. The wire runs along the frame and then up into the cab on the left side of the drivers footwell, under the plastic trim. I ran the passenger side across under the dash and up the side under the plastic trim. Ran ground wires short distance from the bottom bolt on grab handles.
Halla, can you explain how you hooked up the air supply to the seats. thanks
RITAOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 06:07 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookieblaylock View Post
I've got the seats, but I don't have the brackets yet...and, yes, I ordered the M2 floor adapter brackets. I was told the brackets were on back order and there would be a 4 week delay. I asked that they just have them drop shipped, and that supposedly should save a week or so. Hopefully I'll have them soon.

My intentions were to completely remove everything that's in there now - stock seat, swivel, and pedestal. I hope that's how it all works out

I ordered everything from Suburban Seats and got these specifically:

https://www.suburbanseats.com/p/bost...eat-truck-seat

The gray ultra leather is darker than the pic on their website suggests (a good thing if you ask us), and they're crazy comfortable.
I went ahead and called Suburban Seats today. They assured me that these seats fit the FL M2 and replace the entire current seat stack. They said you have to remove the 2" seat riser that comes with these seats in order to install the FL M2 adapter bracket. They said those seat brackets are supposed to be back in stock next week. I don't know if the adapter brackets replace this entire 2" of height, but if not, thats OK.

I ordered the wide-ride/Serta seats in Black/Saddle Tan ultra leather with dual arm rests and no heat. The black matches the dash face & console (ordered that today too) and the tan matches the carpet and dash cover, plus they look like my King Ranch seats so I think they will look nice. Plus they should be less likely to show dirt/grease like the white stock seats do. I got the drivers seat with no swivel and it was in stock so I should get it next week. Price was $999.99. I ordered the same for the passenger seat except with the Bostrom swivel, its only supposed to add 1" extra height. Because of the swivel it is a special order and will take 4 weeks, price was $1100.00. The adapter brackets were $102.00 each. Shipping for everything was $249.00.

So I should be able to get the drivers side installed in the next 2 weeks if the brackets show up as promised. I'll take pictures and before and after measurements for height, etc. Hopefully everything fits and works right and I can end the great seat replacement odyssey! I can also tell the wife what wonderful Xmas presents she got for me!

If anyone is interested in buying the complete factory seat assemblies, shoot me a PM.

Thanks for everyone sharing their info with me.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote