Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2018, 12:16 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Swivel Seat Update

It looks like we might have a solution. Still some work that needs to be done, but I have a sample set coming in.

It is a stationary swivel, so does not get you away from the steering wheel and door like the version we use would...but It only adds about 1" to the stack and is made by Bostrom (was National).

SK144815 (DS)
SK144817 (PS)

Once I get one installed and confirm the fit, I will update.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 01:50 PM   #2

Never had a doubt. I tried telling everybody not to get up-tight and just relax and give you some credit and time. I never even gave it a seconds thought.
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 02:46 PM   #3

Great! Is this just the base and swivel and does it work with our existing seats?
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:03 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
Great! Is this just the base and swivel and does it work with our existing seats?
No, nothing will work with your seat besides the one we had designed for us...these only work with the stock seat bolt pattern.

But eventually, we hope to have stocks seats, with dual arm rests and swivel bed that we can make available. We still need to figure out the Force...once we do that, we'll look at the DX3 and XL. There are some logistical concerns along with aesthetic concerns we have to resolve.

Old 07-27-2018, 05:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
Never had a doubt. I tried telling everybody not to get up-tight and just relax and give you some credit and time. I never even gave it a seconds thought.

[emoji106][emoji23]
mikew968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:48 PM   #6
Commercial Member

We installed the Bostrom swivel seat ped.

It only raises the seat height, maybe 1".
Passenger side, no problem, swivels pretty easily.

Driver side, as we expected is a little trickier. You have to put the steering wheel ALL THE WAY UP and the Forward. You start the swivel and then have to adjust the seat glide forward and back to clear the hand rail at the lower cab entry door area, arm rest needs to be down so that the steering wheel actually goes OVER the arm rest, seat back has to be ALL the way forward and the steering wheel still rubs about 1" of the seat. We were going to try one more set of holes to see if it helped any. It can be done....but I think you would find yourself just swiveling the passenger in most cases. No steering wheel to contend with , unless you had to have it and then it can be done.

Old 08-22-2018, 04:39 PM   #7

Brian I ordered the swivels that you gave me a link to. Have you tried those? I have not received them yet.

Edit: I was on my phone so didn’t see this was same swivels as I ordered. May have to modify them.
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 07:59 PM   #8

Those swivels will NOT fit a Bostrom seat...just so everyone knows...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 10:56 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
Brian I ordered the swivels that you gave me a link to. Have you tried those? I have not received them yet.

Edit: I was on my phone so didn’t see this was same swivels as I ordered. May have to modify them.
These are the same swivels that you ordered. They fit the stock seat (which you have) and fit the stock base.

Old 08-23-2018, 03:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
These are the same swivels that you ordered. They fit the stock seat (which you have) and fit the stock base.
Ok good deal. The passenger seat will be good then as you say and maybe I can fab the drivers seat. Let me know if you figure out if the other holes line up and work better please.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:14 PM   #11

Quote:

Driver side, as we expected is a little trickier. You have to put the steering wheel ALL THE WAY UP and the Forward. You start the swivel and then have to adjust the seat glide forward and back to clear the hand rail at the lower cab entry door area, arm rest needs to be down so that the steering wheel actually goes OVER the arm rest, seat back has to be ALL the way forward and the steering wheel still rubs about 1" of the seat. We were going to try one more set of holes to see if it helped any. It can be done....but I think you would find yourself just swiveling the passenger in most cases. No steering wheel to contend with , unless you had to have it and then it can be done.

Brian, are you asking for grief and aggravation with the maneuvers needed to swivel the seat ?

FRF will have to open a sub forum for complaining. ;-)

I remember how comfortable the DX3 seats were a couple of years ago when I sat in one at a show. But I complained that I didn't like the seat not being directly behind the steering wheel. My apologies since I now know the seat can slide laterally.

Every time I mention getting a DX3 my wife doesn't remember it from the others. Then I mention the seats and she gets excited and starts talking about the CB radio and air horn. :-)

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 06:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Then I mention the seats and she gets excited and starts talking about the CB radio and air horn. :-)

Air Horn!!! That's the first thing my Wife went for when she drove it the first time was the Damn AIR HORN!!! I had no rock to crawl under.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskeans View Post
Air Horn!!! That's the first thing my Wife went for when she drove it the first time was the Damn AIR HORN!!! I had no rock to crawl under.
Yep I hear ya. Grandson seen the airhorn and CB and I was screwed from the get go. When we went to see the coach at the dealer the first time, it was in the back about 10' from where a guy was detailing another unit and the grandson hit the horn. Poor guy about knocked his bucket of soap over.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:57 PM   #14

rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 07:41 AM   #15
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Brian, are you asking for grief and aggravation with the maneuvers needed to swivel the seat ?

FRF will have to open a sub forum for complaining. ;-)
Tell me about it... I can't win on this one. If I just do the passenger, someone will want to do the driver. If I do the driver, then someone will complain how hard the driver is to turn. If I can get our old supplier to do the old swivel that slides over 45 degrees first, then its the stack height and 1" offset from center.

No one makes what I need at this time.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:17 AM   #16

Jack Daniels makes what you need
Old 08-24-2018, 09:21 AM   #17
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook47 View Post
Jack Daniels makes what you need
lol....but do they make enough of it? This is a high volume operation.

Old 08-24-2018, 11:10 AM   #18

Quote:
Tell me about it... I can't win on this one. If I just do the passenger, someone will want to do the driver. If I do the driver, then someone will complain how hard the driver is to turn. If I can get our old supplier to do the old swivel that slides over 45 degrees first, then its the stack height and 1" offset from center.

Add another tick box or two to the options list when units are ordered. Give folks the option of your standard seat or pay more for swivels, upgraded seats, etc. Let them choose for each side i.e. passenger or drivers side. That way you don't have to find the perfect solution that will make everyone happy, because you know from experience that is like trying to invent anti-gravity.

I know, having more options makes the ordering, inventory, build process more complicated, but you would be getting paid more too. And, think of all the time you will save on the forum, thats worth something too.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 04:53 PM   #19

Quote:

I appreciate you trying.
Old 08-24-2018, 04:57 PM   #20

Quote:

Just had to ask this though.. Did anybody think to open the door to make swiveling driver seat easier?