Old 07-27-2018, 01:16 PM   #1
GM

Swivel Seat Update

It looks like we might have a solution. Still some work that needs to be done, but I have a sample set coming in.

It is a stationary swivel, so does not get you away from the steering wheel and door like the version we use would...but It only adds about 1" to the stack and is made by Bostrom (was National).

SK144815 (DS)
SK144817 (PS)

Once I get one installed and confirm the fit, I will update.

Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 02:50 PM   #2

Never had a doubt. I tried telling everybody not to get up-tight and just relax and give you some credit and time. I never even gave it a seconds thought.

Mountieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:46 PM   #3

Great! Is this just the base and swivel and does it work with our existing seats?
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 04:03 PM   #4
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
Great! Is this just the base and swivel and does it work with our existing seats?
No, nothing will work with your seat besides the one we had designed for us...these only work with the stock seat bolt pattern.

But eventually, we hope to have stocks seats, with dual arm rests and swivel bed that we can make available. We still need to figure out the Force...once we do that, we'll look at the DX3 and XL. There are some logistical concerns along with aesthetic concerns we have to resolve.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 07-27-2018, 06:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
Never had a doubt. I tried telling everybody not to get up-tight and just relax and give you some credit and time. I never even gave it a seconds thought.

mikew968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:48 PM   #6
GM

We installed the Bostrom swivel seat ped.

It only raises the seat height, maybe 1".
Passenger side, no problem, swivels pretty easily.

Driver side, as we expected is a little trickier. You have to put the steering wheel ALL THE WAY UP and the Forward. You start the swivel and then have to adjust the seat glide forward and back to clear the hand rail at the lower cab entry door area, arm rest needs to be down so that the steering wheel actually goes OVER the arm rest, seat back has to be ALL the way forward and the steering wheel still rubs about 1" of the seat. We were going to try one more set of holes to see if it helped any. It can be done....but I think you would find yourself just swiveling the passenger in most cases. No steering wheel to contend with , unless you had to have it and then it can be done.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:39 PM   #7

Brian I ordered the swivels that you gave me a link to. Have you tried those? I have not received them yet.

Edit: I was on my phone so didn’t see this was same swivels as I ordered. May have to modify them.
Mountieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 08:59 PM   #8

Those swivels will NOT fit a Bostrom seat...just so everyone knows...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:56 AM   #9
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
Brian I ordered the swivels that you gave me a link to. Have you tried those? I have not received them yet.

Edit: I was on my phone so didnt see this was same swivels as I ordered. May have to modify them.
These are the same swivels that you ordered. They fit the stock seat (which you have) and fit the stock base.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
These are the same swivels that you ordered. They fit the stock seat (which you have) and fit the stock base.
Ok good deal. The passenger seat will be good then as you say and maybe I can fab the drivers seat. Let me know if you figure out if the other holes line up and work better please.