Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2018, 06:30 AM   #1

Thanks for the factory tour

We just completed a 6000 mile cross country trip in our 2018 REV. The trip included a stop in Elkhart and a tour of the Dynamax factory. Many thanks to Gareth Matteson who gave us some insight on how a basic cutaway chassis is transformed into a home on wheels. We were especially impressed with the paint finishing process and the "rain booth" where every coach gets tested for leaks. This was our first extended trip with the REV and were pleased with its performance. We experienced all kinds of weather from 112 degrees to 46. 10,000' mountain peaks to flat prairie. Average mpg for the trip was 15.2 cruising 60 to 65 on interstates.
richy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:13 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Nice..that's better fuel economy than my wife's Armada.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 06:27 PM   #3

How do to set up a factory tour? Filled out everything to email Gareth Matteson but upon sending the site did pop up stating no such address.
Trying to inquire about a October date, thus trying to email vs phone call since the date is fairly out yet.
Or do I wait and call a day or two before we will be in Bristol Campground?
retired18whler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 06:42 PM   #4

I made a phone call when I was in the area. Gareth was very accommodating.
richy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 06:51 PM   #5

I will wait and call a couple days before arriving in the area.
Thank you for your quick response. Appreciate.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Nice..that's better fuel economy than my wife's Armada.
She does know your the GM of a major leading Motorhome Factory right or you been hiding that from her. I had her pictured in a Bentley or after seeing somebody's blacked out jeep, maybe a Lamborghini for the wife...

Or is she like my wife who makes a heck of a lot more money than I do and will only drive Toyotas. She could drive whatever she wants from any manufacturer on her salary but chooses her Highlander...
Old 07-14-2018, 10:28 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired18whler View Post
How do to set up a factory tour? Filled out everything to email Gareth Matteson but upon sending the site did pop up stating no such address.
Trying to inquire about a October date, thus trying to email vs phone call since the date is fairly out yet.
Or do I wait and call a day or two before we will be in Bristol Campground?
We offer tours every normal production day at 2:30. We just ask that you call a day ahead or so and let them know you are coming. That way if Gareth is out, we can have one of the sales guys handle the tour. Its very informal. There have been times when we have lost power and were unable to do tours. Also, doing plant shut down (July 4th time) we have most of the lights out.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 10:35 AM   #8

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Ahhh...I loved my Armada (and we towed a TT with it), but after I didn't need its massive inside space we decided spending that much $ on gas for one person was too much.....
Old 07-14-2018, 01:29 PM   #9

We will be in Elkhart vicinity October 8/9th on way to PA, with two afternoon abilities for us, we are in hopes one will work out.

Tags
factory