Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2018, 02:04 PM   #1

This needed to be said...

This is our 6th RV of sorts (trailers, fifth wheels, diesel pushers, etc). At the end of the day, my opinion of a company is how well they handle what I deem "should be warrantied". I say that not because I am the grand poobah of warranty claims but I have been in the automotive business for almost 40 years and I know the difference between unrealistic and true merit warranty requests. IMO, all RV's, toy haulers, fifth wheels, trailers, etc, etc. are mediocre at best. Not because they're so cheap but at the end of the day, it's unrealistic to think you're going to take an RV down the highway at 70 mph and not have your mobile home have issues.

Having said that, I've had my DX3 in the dealership at least half a dozen times but not one of the times has been because of something that broke, it's all been stuff that should have been caught in PDI upon dealer receiving.

Up until now, I haven't had anything but kudos for Dynamax because the customer service has been second to none.

Yesterday I posted an unfortunate mechanical issue with my awning... I get it, crap happens, I just want it fixed. BClemons responded to my post asking for the VIN number and within hours, I received an email from Brian Meeks (who has been my go to guy from the beginning) inquiring what happened.

Talk about service! I find it all too unfamiliar to have a dealer reach out to me before I get a chance to pursue it.

Regardless of the result, you can't fault Dynamax for their customer service.

Thank you gentlemen, your response shows your company's interest with my hard earned money I have used to purchase one of your products!

THANK YOU!

Mark Mahoney
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:21 PM   #2
Commercial Member

My people and I appreciate the kind words.

I will amend your comment to say "you can't fault us for our desire to provide customer service". It is our goal to provide excellent customer service, but we are human and sometimes we forget to follow up and sometimes we follow the "rules" to a fault, but we are forever trying to improve our systems and processes and response on a daily basis.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 03:46 PM   #3

Thats a great post Mark.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:51 PM   #4

I had a few warranty claims during my period that had me uneasy as to whether I was going to get covered even though I knew I should. Never even given the runaround once. Always had the same exact experience. Couldn’t have been more happy.

Well I guess I could... if there was an option to extend it through dynamax hahaha. Now it’s truely my problem ....
Old 05-21-2018, 05:38 PM   #5

Nice to hear good news for a change, Dynamax sound like they want happy customers, we were trying for a Trilogy but ended up waiting to long and they stopped building them. We ended up with a River Stone Legacy and also receive wonderful customer service form them as well, maybe the times are a changing!!!!
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 06:36 PM   #6

I didn't buy my Dynamax locally, I tried, but I wasn't interested in ordering and waiting months for a coach. So I went on a national search for the coach I was interested in, and found it 600 miles away.

I called the local dealer a few day ago and asked if they would do some warranty work, I was surprised to get a rather terse text message from the GM bemoaning my out of state purchase. I kinda figured that this was their response to my question, I wouldn't be getting warranty service locally.

I'm okay with that, I guess. I sent an email to my Dynamax direct contact today regarding the 6 warranty issues I have. I am hopeful for a positive response.
Las Vegas, NV
johnmbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:12 PM   #7

This needed to be said...

I’ve always been told that it’s not if it going to hit the fan, it’s when, and what the response is when it does. I think we all had initial issues. I’m not perfect. I don’t expect Dynamax to be either. I can say they try harder and do more than most. Much appreciated. You’ve earned a lot of respect and lifetime customers, me included.
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmbeard View Post
So I went on a national search for the coach I was interested in, and found it 600 miles away.
Only 600 miles??? I traveled 1200 miles. Don't expect to ever need a dealer. Not necessary. Our PDI caught all (that I know of) Dynamax problems and the major installed items have their own warranty. i.e. Aqua-sent their mobile tech to our location and fixed that problem.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:05 PM   #9

Haha my coach had 2100 miles on it when I got it home. And I live like 300 mi from Elkhart!
Old 05-21-2018, 08:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
Haha my coach had 2100 miles on it when I got it home. And I live like 300 mi from Elkhart!
LOLOLOL... Now thats funny
Old 05-21-2018, 09:28 PM   #11
2018 Isata 5 30FW

This might be a good time to chime in with a similar experience. After looking for several years I finally found a coach to "kill as many birds with one stone". I was at the Pomona show last October and fell in love with the Isata 5 30FW. I ordered one at the show. This was not something I ever wanted to do as it's not the best time to buy. I bought it through the Idaho dealer because I could get a earlier delivery date than if I waited to buy from a dealer when I got back home that was 200-300 miles from my home in WI. What helped my wife and I to pull the trigger was the outstanding care that Dynamax's sales rep Joe Eash demonstrated with all of our questions.

The dealer experience has been less than desirable and Joe Eash reassured us that we would be taken care of. The Dynamax support from the factory had been good so far. We had some follow up repairs done at a shop in Elkhart.

I am concerned about getting warranty work done locally because I heard the same thing from my local Forest River dealer about reading the back of the Dynamax brochure about buying local. I pointed out to the service manager that that would be impossible because there is no local dealer.

Brian Meeks, warranty manager at Dynamax, has told me that something will be worked out. I do feel that I may have some inconveniences but I'm willing to do whatever it takes. I kinda knew when I decided to buy this coach that this might happen.

I am convinced that Dynamax will be there for me during this break in period, through the warranty period and way beyond!

Thanks for this forum,
Mark and Dawn Washatka
Appleton, WI
Space Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
This is our 6th RV of sorts (trailers, fifth wheels, diesel pushers, etc). At the end of the day, my opinion of a company is how well they handle what I deem "should be warrantied". I say that not because I am the grand poobah of warranty claims but I have been in the automotive business for almost 40 years and I know the difference between unrealistic and true merit warranty requests. IMO, all RV's, toy haulers, fifth wheels, trailers, etc, etc. are mediocre at best. Not because they're so cheap but at the end of the day, it's unrealistic to think you're going to take an RV down the highway at 70 mph and not have your mobile home have issues.

Having said that, I've had my DX3 in the dealership at least half a dozen times but not one of the times has been because of something that broke, it's all been stuff that should have been caught in PDI upon dealer receiving.

Up until now, I haven't had anything but kudos for Dynamax because the customer service has been second to none.

Yesterday I posted an unfortunate mechanical issue with my awning... I get it, crap happens, I just want it fixed. BClemons responded to my post asking for the VIN number and within hours, I received an email from Brian Meeks (who has been my go to guy from the beginning) inquiring what happened.

Talk about service! I find it all too unfamiliar to have a dealer reach out to me before I get a chance to pursue it.

Regardless of the result, you can't fault Dynamax for their customer service.

Thank you gentlemen, your response shows your company's interest with my hard earned money I have used to purchase one of your products!

THANK YOU!

Mark Mahoney

X2
USN-RET/DOD-RET
mlmay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:48 PM   #13

I have to say I have the exact opposite experience with my local dealer. I purchased my Newmar diesel pusher from Tom Johnson's in Concord, NC. The day after, they switched to Camping World. I had taken my Newmar numerous times for warranty work and the service was HORRIBLE.

The last and final straw was for the FOURTH time they shut my battery disconnect off when I left HUGE signs saying not to as I have the AGS system operating. The last time, I lost almost 400 in food and after we got rid of the maggots and flies, the smell still lingered.

And then I met my service angel, Nikki. She was the new service manager and clearly was proficient at doing her job. She gave me updates, she communicated, explained and genuinely cared about me and my RV.

I traded it in to a dealer for my DX3 in Kentucky and my biggest fear was what was I going to do for service. Though Camping World was a Forest River dealer, we all know they are going to cater to the people that purchased from them.

Not my Nikki, she welcomed my new RV with open arms and the same service I received from her continued.

Just like the people that do such a good job at Dynamax, it all comes down to personnel. I've been fortunate to get to have Nikki as my service manager and as long as she's there, I'll continue to go to Camping World for service.

Mark
Old 05-22-2018, 08:45 PM   #14
Just as confused as you

Quote:

Did you take the long way home or just make a wrong turn?
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:28 AM   #15

Coach was in stock in TX when I found it. Flew down to buy it. Drove it straight home
Old 05-23-2018, 07:26 AM   #16

Quote:
Mine as well and I live 200 miles from Elkhart.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:39 AM   #17

It is nice to hear more of the good stories, too.
Never Enough Time Camping!!
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:49 AM   #18

UPDATE!

I'm floored. I really don't know what to say but I received an email this morning from Brian Meeks from Dynamax saying that Carefree has approved the warranty to replace my awning!

I made comment on it here and BClemons stepped up and started the process and less than 3 days later, I have approval for a new awning.

THREE DAYS!!!! How's that for customer service?

Thank you Mr. Clemons and Mr. Meeks for your outstanding service.

Mark
Old 05-23-2018, 09:07 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmbeard View Post
I didn't buy my Dynamax locally, I tried, but I wasn't interested in ordering and waiting months for a coach. So I went on a national search for the coach I was interested in, and found it 600 miles away.

I called the local dealer a few day ago and asked if they would do some warranty work, I was surprised to get a rather terse text message from the GM bemoaning my out of state purchase. I kinda figured that this was their response to my question, I wouldn't be getting warranty service locally.

I'm okay with that, I guess. I sent an email to my Dynamax direct contact today regarding the 6 warranty issues I have. I am hopeful for a positive response.
I completely ignore all that local dealer hype. There are a handful of major dealers in each major market that control huge areas- as in 100+ mile RADIUS territories at each location. They can be jerks and treat customers like crap because it's impossible for anyone to compete with them- the manufacturers won't let a new guy come in and force them to clean up their act. The dealer you reference doesn't care about your reason for not buying local. They've gone to great lengths to secure lines and get extremely lucrative franchise agreements to KEEP you from having another option on where to buy- it ticks them off when you ignore the hype and do it anyway.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:59 AM   #20
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
The dealer you reference doesn't care about your reason for not buying local. They've gone to great lengths to secure lines and get extremely lucrative franchise agreements to KEEP you from having another option on where to buy- it ticks them off when you ignore the hype and do it anyway.
In the spirit of fairness, I sometimes have my own issues with dealers, but in this case I needed to set the record straight. I often see hearsay and assumptions rule the day as fact...which is very irritating. We see this play out DAY after DAY in the political spectrum. You are now guilty until proven innocent, mere conjecture is proof.

I asked for a copy of the text because I wanted to have a conversation with this dealer about that and other things. I only took out names and dealer references just to be safe.

"Good morning
The last we spoke you were having a family emergency. I hope everything is ok. I never heard from you after that. I've been traveling quite a bit lately. I just got back for a couple of days. While I was in town my salesmgr notified me that you purchased a Dynamax. I'm curious why you didn't give us a shot to earn your business. I'm really at a loss and why you wouldn't want to do business locally and have a good service relationship with local dealer. I'd ask that you reply as I'm asking for the sake of bettering our service.
Thank you for your time"

Maybe he is just saying the right thing....but I know the guy that wrote this text personally. While I'm sure he is not happy about losing a sale...he is not a phony guy that would say something for lip service. He was actually a factory rep for years.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote