Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2019, 08:28 PM   #1

Tire size

I have a 2019 DX3 37TS - we live in Reno and are headed to LA tomorrow. I might need chains to make it back over the Pass this Friday. I was hoping to stop and get some chains before picking the unit up from storage tomorrow. Does anyone know the tire size on the Freightliners?? Has anyone used chains or have recommendations?
4DayJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 09:09 PM   #2

2019 brochure says 275/80/22.5 tires
I have chains for my DX3 but haven’t had to use them yet. I think your biggest concern would be the clearance between your tire and rear fender, there is not much room on mine and if the chains aren’t really tight they could cause some damage.
Webefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:54 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DayJeep View Post
I have a 2019 DX3 37TS - we live in Reno and are headed to LA tomorrow. I might need chains to make it back over the Pass this Friday. I was hoping to stop and get some chains before picking the unit up from storage tomorrow. Does anyone know the tire size on the Freightliners?? Has anyone used chains or have recommendations?

I carry AutoSock’s to meet law on going over passes out west. I don’t plan on using them as I watch the weather and plan accordingly...however, I have them in case of an emergency. If you search “chains” there is already a thread on this topic that has more detailed information.....autosocks are CA certified. Also here is a good report: http://www.dot.ca.gov/newtech/resear...inalReport.pdf
Jammer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 11:00 AM   #4

Thanks for the help - found the old thread also. Just want to have some on board - hoping to get up and over the pass around noon and the weather isn’t expected until overnight.
4DayJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire